Interview with the Forgotten Tales staff - Rumors and more!

As the description says!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Gandalf
Site Admin

Interview with the Forgotten Tales staff - Rumors and more!

Post by Gandalf »

these questions exist thanks to madmikael, who gave me the list. the answers are by mateusz and me. feel free, to ask more particular, if you think, something has to be more clear. happy reading ^^

About PvP
Will it be changed? yes, the melee classes need a fix, to be able to get into pvp with ranged classes.
Will it be fair (to melee especially)? thats the goal.
Will drop rates be changed? not planned.
Will there be an opt-out? not planned. its an mmo game.
How will this be done? What is the plan? melee should have potions to break ranged stun effects. melee should have stun effects to freeze the ranged classes.
When can we expect this? not too soon. first focus on new content.

About Outlaws & Behaviour
Why are outlaw rules not fair? what is not fair with them?
Will abusers be stopped? How? the outlaw counter could raise without the need to kill another char. already attacking could count. this would stop the annyoing slow attacks. also, with fixed pvp, this would not be an issue anymore.
Will punishements be more severe? no, outlaw is part of the game.
Will outlaw drop rates be changed? would be an option. but outlaws would simply unequip rare items.
Is the rumor about adding permanent outlaw status true? no.

When can these changes be expected? not too soon.

About Clans
Will there ever be a ranking system? not planned.
Will PvP be changed? yes, look up.
Will new buildings be added? surely in the future.
Will clans have other means to communicate? not in the game. they have /c. probably a "main hall" clan building would be fun, where u could leave a message as duke for example.
Will there be a way to stop spies and thieves? no, its similar to real life.
Will the clan create/join prices be changed? not planned.
When can we expect these? not too soon.

About Lag
Can it be improved? not really. we have a dedicated server already. it often depends on device connections. every map can be runned by its own, so this would not be the problem in the future.
Will it be improved? not possible. and compared to the past, its much better. no server downs!
Is it caused by graphics update? no.
If its at my end, what can I do? get a better wifi.

About Content
What is planned to come? new maps on the bottom and one more on the top with storyline quests.
Will there be new mobs/monsters/items/maps/skins? yes.
Will they be more balanced? what has to be balanced?
Will new classes be added? not planned.
Will the in-game clock be added? good idea. could be, because it would help to talk about meeting times ingame.
Will the backpack be larger? no, because its a mobile game and many cannot use more slots. also, be realistic... who can carry 30 armors.
When will these be added to game? soon. At this moment Blitzcraig is working on new maps. When he finish I will release his maps :)
What can players do to help the game progress faster? download the map editor. understand it. this means, do not ask creator again and again about it. auto-teaching or peer-to-peer teaching is needed. create new maps. really do a good piece of work. otherwise, we cannot use it. this would be awesome! and we reward it - same with new nice quests!

About Crafting
How will crafting be improved? not planned.
Will it be improved? not decided, but surely, as the whole game.
Will it be available for non-clanned players? there will also be added new content.
Will there be new craft items and materials? surely.

About Events
Why are events so rare? because mods are busy atm. all do it in their free time, so real life has always to come first.
When will events be coming back? as always, life is a cycle. there are times of big free time for some mods. then, they can do great spawn parties!
Are there going to be new events coming? no big events planned. it depends on the senior mods.

About Staff
Will staff be increased? not planned yet. the team is big enough, only there are many not too active mods atm. also, to be honest, the players, who can fulfill the duties, are hard to find.
Will programmer(s) be hired? there are plans to do so. problem is: we need to find a good programmer, trustful and he has to work for low money, because the game is not a gold mine. thats difficult.
Where are all the mods? trying to get on :D
What else do mods do? discussing the forum ideas. checking log files on server. find persons to talk to. to rename, to punish, to do skin changes.
What are the benefits of being a mod? glory, work and dust. nothing else. you cannot play the game anymore, because it causes troubles ("mod abuse"). thats why you should always respect the staff team. they give a part of themselves for the game.
If mods aren't paid, are they rewarded somehow? no.
Is there a way to encourage mods to participate more? i think, they already are highly motivated!
Are you recruiting more mods yet? not atm.
Are mod alts allowed to participate in events? no.

About Creator
Why did he make this game? I was planing to make such game many years ago but that time I was not good enough to make it ;) My first plans were much more complex and hopefully someday I will accomplish them. I have a lot not implemented yet ideas. Also the first concept was to make game for PC but smartphones appeared meanwhile.
Does he play this game? no.
Does he have a job as well? No. Almost all my money now comes from Forgotten Tales.
Is he working on other games? I made few other games before. Forgotten Tales MMORPG is the newest one and I will focus on it for the next few months (years).
Does he see the ideas on the forum? I try to read them all but sometimes I don't have time to read everything.
Does he have a set plan? No. If I have good idea I am starting to implement it.
What is his plan? For now the most important is new content. I was working on many enhancements last time (crafting for example) and it took me a lot of time now I can focus on new content.
Why doesn't he give more feedback? because the staff team has different people for different tasks. he codes for example. the game admins are there to answer final questions. they always ensure, that they are uptodate with creator and that they do not tell wrong things.

About Forums
Are they being looked at? yes, daily by different mods.
Are these suggestions going to be used? yes! but as said before; if you do not know the game engine, you cannot know, if it is (im)possible, to add particular contents.
Why isn't there more feedback? there is feedback by the mods. and the mods talk to the admins. and admins and creator talk.
Why is the forum so cluttered? if you want to become a forum mod and tidy up, you are welcome. sadly, its a huge job!
Why is that thread in suggestions so long? it was compiled to not lose any informations. i agree, that it needs a huge cleaning. the mod, who did this, quitted before ending the job.

Quests
When will the storyline continue? with the next map up the north of the world.
Will harder/more rewarding quests be added? sure, the game grows ;)
Will randomized quests be added? what does this mean?
Will daily/weekly quests be added? what do you mean?
Forum Admin and Gamemaster

Useful links: Forum Rules | Game Rules | Items | Quests | Monsters

Spoken languages: English, German
blitzcraig

Re: Interview with the Forgotten Tales staff - Rumors and mo

Post by blitzcraig »

I think I can answer some of the above questions from compbatant& Gandalf (madmikael or others , let me know if I'm wrong ; ) :
1> about class balance: other than melee characters being able to engage (which you addressed already) there is still the issue that at high levels, mages are still regarded as being out of balance with other classes (I personally believe this to be true as well)
2> random/daily quests is referring to quest (s) which would be reset daily or with sever resets. for example: "kill [random number] of [random enemy] and report back to me for your reward"

THANK YOU FOR REPLIES! :)
Beeware the Spiral Blitzbees...
⬜ 💣 🌏
joeylamcy

Post by joeylamcy »

1. do admins have salaries?
2. may I be forum mod but not game mod?
  • joeylamcy(archer,130)
  • j0eylamcy(mage,110+)
  • meatshield(ogre,75)
  • j0ey1amcy(dwarf,50+)
  • Chris_Wong(swordsman,10+,backup&storage)
blitzcraig

Post by blitzcraig »

1> no, everybody except creator is purely volunteer, for the love of the game and community of players :)

2> no, the forum mods must be game mods as well, to stay in Contact and up to date with everything going on behind the scenes (that's the answer I got when I asked that same question last year lol )
Beeware the Spiral Blitzbees...
⬜ 💣 🌏
Gandalf
Site Admin

Post by Gandalf »

joeylamcy wrote:2. may I be forum mod but not game mod?
at this point of development, it makes no sense to do this, as blitzcraig said already. if the game grows bigger, we will need game mods and forum mods! looking forward here :)

MadMikael

Post by MadMikael »

Glad to see positive responses. I tried to make sure I covered all popular topics on the forum. Thank you very much Gandalf and Compbatant for taking the time to do this.
RETIRED [GM] - Game Master

Please contact GM Inbox for help if you need it.

⬇️ GM Inbox contact link ⬇️
ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=9711
DUMBLEDORE

Post by DUMBLEDORE »

Madmikael congratulations for giving time on this!!Combantant,Gandalf....thank u for answering.Now we can now many things.
MADMIKAEL SHOULD BE MOD!!CONGRATS TO HIM!"
Dubledore lvl 160 archer-AHOU(lord)
Dark-Mage lvl 90 mage(alt)
"Smaller in number are we,but larger in mind"~Yoda~
AAAHHHHOOOOOUUUUU!!
Leone

Post by Leone »

Gandalf wrote:
About PvP
Will it be changed? yes, the melee classes need a fix, to be able to get into pvp with ranged classes.
Will it be fair (to melee especially)? thats the goal.
Will drop rates be changed? not planned.
Will there be an opt-out? not planned. its an mmo game.
How will this be done? What is the plan? melee should have potions to break ranged stun effects. melee should have stun effects to freeze the ranged classes.
When can we expect this? not too soon. first focus on new content.
Thank you to all concerned for the questions and answers. With reference to the PvP comments above, do you have a rough idea of when this will be resolved? No particular deadline, but simply an idea for us melee players. Also, are the above ideas in the 'How will this be done?' fixed as the definite solutions? thanks
Mike

Post by Mike »

About clans
Is there ever going to be a way to stop joining a clan just to kill a random person.... the 1 mil gold it costs you to create a clan could make you rich by getting a mith plate drop off a kill then de clanning...... maybe make it 20 mil to create a clan... I don't get it.
"I fought the LAW and the, the LAW won"
Gandalf
Site Admin

Post by Gandalf »

Mike wrote:About clans
Is there ever going to be a way to stop joining a clan just to kill a random person.... the 1 mil gold it costs you to create a clan could make you rich by getting a mith plate drop off a kill then de clanning...... maybe make it 20 mil to create a clan... I don't get it.

guess, we implement a count down. after joining, u cannot drop it too fast. after dropping a clan, u cannot join a new one too fast.