member ranking upgrade for clan

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

timewarp

member ranking upgrade for clan

Post by timewarp »

Wat if members were allowed to upgrade buildings so that all people in clan don't hqve to be marshals if they wanna build alone.....keep all priveleges as is except for allowing them to upgrade....that way a member couldn't recruit a spy or someone wanting to steal ur stuff from clan over night....it would also give a little more meaning to the rankings system....in my opinion is less of a risk to have a building left in upgrade mode then it is to hqve someone recruit while a ranking or more trusted member is on to approve it
Ryaca

Re: member ranking upgrade for clan

Post by Ryaca »

I agree with this idea. I have never understood why a member cannot build. In my opinion, only a Lord or Duke should be able to invite players into the clan.
BOO!:ghost:
_NICKPAN_

Post by _NICKPAN_ »

Bad idea.
With that way, Some 'spys' could upgrade buildings and then leave clan.

And more things like this...

I think, it would be better to add another rank that cant invite players. But can only Upgrade buildings.

Look how I think of it:

Duke: like now

Lord: like now

Marshall: like now, except kick members and promote/demote. (Only duke and lord can kick and promote/demote)

Member: like members now

Newbie: like members now but cant upgrade buildings and use buildings storage too.
Boo
Ryaca

Post by Ryaca »

Yes I agree that marshal rank should not be able to invite/kick. I also like the idea with only having the option to upgrade.
timewarp

Post by timewarp »

Yea maybe add another ranking like recruit or something...where I was getting to is how members can't upgrade without a marshal or higher but if u make someone a marshal then they can add new people to clan say for example a spy or someone that would steal everything over night then leave...if kept lords and duke as is then make marshals able to add or kick members lower rank then them and make members aloud to upgrade but not add people I think would b ok...and could make another rank of recruitee or something along those lines that can't upgrade without a member or higher that would work too...it's just kinda dangerous for clans that have a workload requirement to have all marshals so everyone has a chance to do workload(because people have real life stuff and can't always do workloads same time) because even if someone seems cool for awhile doesn't always mean they are....it's seems some people are so determined to ruin clans that way. I also like the newbie idea of not being aloud access to storage...I suggested making a building only accessible to lords and dukes awhile back
Leone

Post by Leone »

I guess you could rethink the whole idea with clans/buildings and set a toggle on/off switch against each clan member. For example:

Access stored items Y/N
Upgrade buildings Y/N

...and so on.

Then there wouldn't really be a need for clan rankings as such, but it would give the Duke much more control.
Ryaca

Post by Ryaca »

I also think that Duke should be able to extract clan funds.
Leone

Post by Leone »

Didn't know they couldn't already Ry. Now that is a strange one. Agree...needs sorting.
ardesia

Post by ardesia »

Leone wrote:I guess you could rethink the whole idea with clans/buildings and set a toggle on/off switch against each clan member. For example:

Access stored items Y/N
Upgrade buildings Y/N

...and so on.

Then there wouldn't really be a need for clan rankings as such, but it would give the Duke much more control.
I like this idea, Leone, but I think ranking in clans is not only related to each one powers or possible tasks. It is also related to members aiming to receive rewards for their work, thus I believe your idea should somehow able to give people a tag.
For the same reason, I'd like clans to have more possible ranks: not only for a better tasks handling, but also to allow dukes a more refined rewarding system.
If I give everyone a M so they can build, and don't want to have many L due to the risk of accidental selling, how can I reward my clanmates for their loyalty and dedication?
We have in AofD our Wizard Master, Planks Principal and Rewards Master: I'd love to be able to openly tag them as such or at least give them a special ranking :)
[GM] ardesia :: Game Admin :: Currently retired
If you need contacting me, write my vasinta forum account a message
timewarp

Post by timewarp »

I think the ranking system is needed...shows ur more respected and trust worthy members....wat I'm aiming at is how u hqve to weigh the risk vs reward now....where the risk being having everyone being a marshal so all can build alone but can recuit potential spies or thieves....if made members able to start upgrade buildings u wouldn't have to worry about them recruiting new players. I understand that leaving upgrades unfinished is a problem, but it's not a huge problem when ur buildings are higher lvls.

I'm also on board with adding another ranking of Initiate....this ranking would pretty much be how member ranking is now...can't start upgrades, sell or buy buildings, and I also think shouldn't be able to access storage....this way u could keep them as initiate until they understand the principles of building and also would guard against thieves a bit. Then once they learn the rules of clan equipment and concepts of building (aka finishing the initiation process) then they could be made a full member and be aloud to access storage and upgrade buildings. And thus their journey of climbing the rankings system thru commendable acts and clan dedication would begin as they become a member.