PvP protection

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Arashiko

PvP protection

Post by Arashiko »

(sound of can of worms being opened)

Someone suggested in the "All current suggestions" forum that clan members should be able to have PvP protection.

Obviously that would wreck clans as they now stand as a clan having enough of its members protected from PvP would be invulnerable, as the protected members could repair siege damage faster than damage could be dealt, and run around healing all their clan members in battle.

May I suggest an alternative?

Two sorts of clan.

1) War clan (as now). No PvP protection for their members.

2) Peaceful clan. All members have PvP protection and are not allowed to war, siege or PvP, nor to go into any clan map other than their own.

Members of peaceful clans either buy individual PvP protection, or their Duke pays tribute using in-game gold from clan funds for this PvP protection which is then distributed among all war clans as tribute i.e. protection money.

Peaceful clan members have to pay 500k gold per week into clan funds to stay in clan (deducted automatically from their gold), if they can't pay they are automatically kicked from clan (but don't become outlaw)
Arashiko Senior GM (RETIRED )
Now playing again as Arozel.

madmaniacal1

Re: PvP protection

Post by madmaniacal1 »

I've noticed that pvp-protection has become a weapon as of late. When a high lvl account dropped clan to engage in clan wars, players would buy them pvp-protection, as that mechanic prevents them from entering clan maps. Devious, yet legal. And at this point, only joining a clan (after a 48 hour wait) or admin intervention can remove it.

How about this?

A quest npc in a public location, such as spawn map. The dialogue could go as follows.

[If player has no protection] "You have no need of my services. Go away."

[If player has protection] "I see that you have pvp-protection. That is strong magic indeed, granted by the Creator himself. For a fee, however, I can break that spell."
[Next frame] "Will you pay **** gold to remove protection?"

This will both:
1) Remove the protection without harassing admins to do so.
2) Remove a bit more of the gold hoarded by some players.
Ryaca

Post by Ryaca »

madmaniacal1 wrote:I've noticed that pvp-protection has become a weapon as of late. When a high lvl account dropped clan to engage in clan wars, players would buy them pvp-protection, as that mechanic prevents them from entering clan maps. Devious, yet legal. And at this point, only joining a clan (after a 48 hour wait) or admin intervention.
Wow! That's some underhanded tactics there! :lol:
BOO!:ghost:
Arashiko

Post by Arashiko »

I actually think that should give devs the push to make PvP protection purchaseable ONLY by the player.

The best way to do that is make PvP protection purchaseable using in game gold only. From said NPC.
Arashiko Senior GM (RETIRED )
Now playing again as Arozel.

madmaniacal1

Post by madmaniacal1 »

Arashiko wrote:I actually think that should give devs the push to make PvP protection purchaseable ONLY by the player.

The best way to do that is make PvP protection purchaseable using in game gold only. From said NPC.
Or even like a house. Activate in game on acct, but pulls up real money purchase... Excellent thought.
vlad198401

Post by vlad198401 »

Is there a chance to make overall PvP by agreement?

That is, if you want to PvP you send a "challenge" to potential opponent. If they agree, there is PvP. If not, so no PvP.

Of course, free PvP for clans members.
FT`ing life away
Ryaca

Post by Ryaca »

vlad198401 wrote:Is there a chance to make overall PvP by agreement?

That is, if you want to PvP you send a "challenge" to potential opponent. If they agree, there is PvP. If not, so no PvP.

Of course, free PvP for clans members.
That is a great suggestion. I played a game like this before. Non clanned players had to ask permission before they attacked you.
lizardman

Post by lizardman »

I agree if not a clan member then u should have the right to pvp or not
MadMikael

Post by MadMikael »

lizardman wrote:I agree if not a clan member then u should have the right to pvp or not
I agreed to that over 3 years ago, and still do.
Hope it gets considered by the dev.
Keep the input coming people!
RETIRED [GM] - Game Master

Please contact GM Inbox for help if you need it.

⬇️ GM Inbox contact link ⬇️
ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=9711
Ryaca

Post by Ryaca »

I really hope that this gets implemented.