Map Editor instructions - OUTDATED

You want to develop content? Create maps, items or quests! Get rewarded!

Moderator: Game Administrators

zapstrap

Re: Map Editor instructions [updated editor 04.02.2014]

Post by zapstrap »

Ok thanks. I will fully download it tonight and check it out. Thanks for the quick response .
Archy

Re: Map Editor instructions [updated editor 04.02.2014]

Post by Archy »

Us it only me or Yellow word font color is hard to see?!
☞Archy☜☞M4G3☜☞A X Y☜☞Turtle☜☞Swordy☜
.★lvl 111★★lvl 92★★lvl 110★★lvl 70★★lvl 72★★
blitzcraig

Re: Map Editor instructions [updated editor 13.03.2014]

Post by blitzcraig »

I've got a little work to do before my map is finished, but then what do I do with it? ... where/how do I submit it? thx :)
Beeware the Spiral Blitzbees...
⬜ 💣 🌏
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

I have an idea for a tower map with lvl/ boss restrictions for each lvl till the top. I will start this next week mapping it out on paper then I wil tive a try at the editor.
compbatant
Site Admin

Post by compbatant »

blitzcraig wrote:I've got a little work to do before my map is finished, but then what do I do with it? ... where/how do I submit it? thx :)
Just send it to dm.game.studio@gmail.com Thx :)
blitzcraig

Re: Map Editor instructions [updated editor 18.03.2014]

Post by blitzcraig »

Thanks, I'll send it as soon as it's finished --

First, I decided to improve it a bit, but I have a couple questions: I can get the signs to work sometimes... but not all the time (after I get one to work, it always works but there are a few I can't get to work) any ideas on this? (yes, I'm using correct location ; )

next, How do I set up an npc for a quest? I'm using the witch npc and wrote all the quest (hopefully it's right) but when I test it, she's asking for lion fang quest...how can I change that?

Lastly, my portals don't work... do they work in the editor, or do they need to be in game first?

Thank you to whomever can help with these...I'm anxious to submit this and hopefully get in in game!
⬜ 💣 🌏
compbatant
Site Admin

Post by compbatant »

blitzcraig wrote:
First, I decided to improve it a bit, but I have a couple questions: I can get the signs to work sometimes... but not all the time (after I get one to work, it always works but there are a few I can't get to work) any ideas on this? (yes, I'm using correct location ; )

next, How do I set up an npc for a quest? I'm using the witch npc and wrote all the quest (hopefully it's right) but when I test it, she's asking for lion fang quest...how can I change that?

Lastly, my portals don't work... do they work in the editor, or do they need to be in game first?

Thank you to whomever can help with these...I'm anxious to submit this and hopefully get in in game!
Portals work in editor.
Maybe you put your signs/portals on invalid field. Turn on showing obstacles in editor to see this.
You shouldn't use the NPC which exists on other map on your own map. It is possible but not recommended because they will share the same quest file. If you need another Witch, add her to npcs.png file and units.list.
You can send to my your work and I will check why your portals don't work.
blitzcraig

Post by blitzcraig »

Thank you for your reply. The portals are working on your pc...still not on mine. I deleted and downloaded everything again, and the portals still don't work on my pc (I guess that's ok, just weird)

I'm sorry, but I don't see how to add a new npc to start the quest. Also, I still can't get two of my five signs to work...maybe it's just my pc again?

Anyway, If you're able to use what I sent you, or you would like it sent again, great, let me know...if not, maybe you or somebody can help with whatever I've got wrong. (BTW, I cleaned up the map a bit by the sandpit, let me know if you'd like that sent as well)

Thanks again

(sorry, should have sent this as pm... doing that now)
⬜ 💣 🌏
blitzcraig

Post by blitzcraig »

is anybody working on -1.-3 (bottom left corner)? if not, i would like to :)

-EDIT- ok, I guess nobody is working there... I'm starting on -1.-3 and 0.-3 :)
⬜ 💣 🌏
toad

Re: Map Editor instructions [updated editor 01.04.2014]

Post by toad »

all guy can edit map?
banned permanently in forum. available in FB, in lot social network and maybe, in game