Map Editor instructions - OUTDATED

You want to develop content? Create maps, items or quests! Get rewarded!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Odin

Re: Map Editor instructions [updated editor 04.02.2014]

Post by Odin »

Great thanks, i'll maybe do something soon :P

EDIT :
Spoiler: Show
The editor's icons for me look like :

Even if i change the size of the windows.
EDIT 2 : You've done all the characters graphics by yourself ? Awesome job !
Mornarq

I found the problem!

Post by Mornarq »

EUREKA! I found the problem.

For those of you with Windows 7, (I know I have Win7, not sure if Win8 or XP has same problem), if the Editor is causing you huge problems like me, I basically couldnt run scenarios, half the maps didnt load, here is why and how to fix

This file is tagged "from another computer", therefore Win7 has extra securities for these types of files that block some potentially harmful files. I can assure you, NOTHING is harmful in the Editor files. However, you need to tell your computer this :)

First, go in the directory where the .jar is.

Then right click Editor.jar

Then, go down where it says a message "Some files are locked because .... might be harmful.. blah blah blah"

Click "Unlock" (unlocks all files related to Editor)

Voila :) No more problems :)

Yes, I know you can see my real name ;)

****************************************************************************************

Mornarq: Your friend, your Mod, at your service

1st in game Moderator, and now a forum Moderator <3 Love my job, which I've been doing since before I'm an official Mod :)
Level 1000, not hacks, for Mod work only, don’t worry :)

Mornarq = Facebook, Twitter, Skype, Steam, Origin, etc.

Mornarq = White Mage (my main... Mornarq is my online name)
Vornarq = Sword Man ("V" because my warriors used to be called "Vorn"… now its "Vornarq")
Nornarq = Dark Dwarf ("N" because based of the race "Nord" in the Elder Scrolls <3 who love axes) :)
Kornarq = Archer ("K" ... who isn't "Korny" once in a while) ;)
Last edited by Anonymous on Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Added Image
  • Player since 02/13 around release
  • Founder of Staff Team, Thank You for opportunity Compbatant
  • Retired Game Admin
  • Founder of famous [TLAW] Staff Clan
  • Founder of infamous [PIN] Vigilante Clan. Continue to protect weak from tyrannical strong
Rest

Post by Rest »

Can someone that knows how to use this contact me. Im having alot of issues. I think my os n harware r good. I have acer aspire but it seems buged to death.
Dan.living.dl@gmail.com
Rest

Post by Rest »

Wait nvm lol
Rest

Post by Rest »

Mornarq i unblocked and still no good
Ditto3000e

Post by Ditto3000e »

©Rest® wrote:Mornarq i unblocked and still no good
Rest, for a future note, You can edit your posts instead of posting several message back to back. This saves time reading and scrolling and also keeps forums nice and neat/organized. Thanks.

~Mod Ditto~
Rest

Post by Rest »

Thnx dito. Still having trouble tho. I can do everthying but the scenario player wont start.when i click start, the map window freezes, also the minimap button does nothing. Cant load maps from files and if i load or create a new map, and close it i cant open or start another. Have to close and reopen editor. I would be more than hapy to send a map i have for 3.1 when im done. I think the editor would be sweet if it worked lol. The maping and coding is ez! But the scenario player would realy realy help me finish. Im going to redownload n try again.if any one can help pls do so.
Also ive been altering textures for new landscapes and enemies if anyone is interested.
compbatant
Site Admin

Post by compbatant »

©Rest® wrote:Thnx dito. Still having trouble tho. I can do everthying but the scenario player wont start.when i click start, the map window freezes, also the minimap button does nothing. Cant load maps from files and if i load or create a new map, and close it i cant open or start another. Have to close and reopen editor. I would be more than hapy to send a map i have for 3.1 when im done. I think the editor would be sweet if it worked lol. The maping and coding is ez! But the scenario player would realy realy help me finish. Im going to redownload n try again.if any one can help pls do so.
Also ive been altering textures for new landscapes and enemies if anyone is interested.
Open command line, cmd.exe and type start.bat and see if any log messages appear on the console.
Rest

Post by Rest »

C:/users/Rest>start.bat? Or follow the path?
compbatant
Site Admin

Post by compbatant »

Menu start, run, cmd.exe
Next change directory with "cd" command to the directory where you have start.bat and then type start.bat and enter;)