Map Editor instructions - OUTDATED

You want to develop content? Create maps, items or quests! Get rewarded!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Rest

Re: Map Editor instructions [updated editor 04.02.2014]

Post by Rest »

Hm, i start command line n set default directory starts as C:/users/Rest>
From there i typed start.bat, no .bat file found
So then i followed path
C:/users/Rest>Desktop/forgotten_tales_editor/rpg_editor/start.bat
It said no javaw file found
Cd resets to C:/users/Rest>
So y no javaw file? I downloaded n instaled java
compbatant
Site Admin

Post by compbatant »

Code: Select all

cd Desktop/forgotten_tales_editor/rpg_editor
java.exe -jar Editor.jar
Rest

Post by Rest »

Ya it still hasnt worked, no wifi now ill get back to u tomoro with details.
compbatant
Site Admin

Post by compbatant »

Do you have any messages on the console?
Map 3.1 I have just received from Cartographer so try to make some other part of the map, or maybe just add few changes on the edges to fit it in the other place :)
Rest

Post by Rest »

compbatant [Game Creator] wrote:Do you have any messages on the console?
Map 3.1 I have just received from Cartographer so try to make some other part of the map, or maybe just add few changes on the edges to fit it in the other place :)
Ok let me explain. I used cmd and did wut u said, message on console said cant find javaw. So i googled "missing javaew.exe" and found something that said try to manualy put javaw.exe into windws/system32/. So i tried that and launched cmd.exe again and tried it again. This time message on console says "cannot access Editor.jar"? Seemed like i made sone kind of progress but still not fuly functioning. So heres where it gets interesting. Ive done everything i can think of including rebooting computer in casd their might be a malicious program. Also "unblocked" not just the editor.jar but every file in the foler, everything. Now it gets even more interesting.i did all thatand still nothing. I decided to work on maps. I ended up staying awake all nite doing maps, but at around 5:00 this morning i was on my 3rd or 4th dungeon and all of a sudden BAM! The obstacle grid lines pop on, ( i checked the box for it jic, usualy do but mind u i had never seen them beforr cuz it never worked) and i was like wth is that? Lol. 2sec later i know wut it is and decide to try scenario play. MIRACULOUSLY it worked. I then tried to loadmap from file, still cant do that butcould load by name without restarting editor. So i loaded a larger map, tried0.0. And tried it,it didnt work any more and frostillze editor again. So i restart editor and try smaller map ahain and it worked. So i foutriednd the larger the map and the more tiles placed on it causes it to not work rite. Can u help me fix this?
Rest

Post by Rest »

Sry i posted from stupid phone, frostillze=froze, foutriednd=found. And i already did map 3.1 almost. Probly just send it anyway, dc if u dont use it just give feedback. I got 3.1 in editor. Is that one from cart?
compbatant
Site Admin

Post by compbatant »

Type java.exe not javaw.exe in that command. java.exe -jar Editor.jar The first one should put some info on the console if something is wrong. Yes this is map from him in editor he has just finished it. Send me what you have done.
Rest

Post by Rest »

How do i send it?
The message on console still says unable to access Editor.jar filr
Rest

:D

Post by Rest »

map sent, not totaly finished but i hope u like it. also i dont like quest coding, cant u make the file name quest id and put npc id in file? that way u could use the same npc for more than one quest and quest id tracking would be much easier.
compbatant
Site Admin

Post by compbatant »

Great maps. I like it :) I will change it a bit and put it as 3.-2 instead 3.1 which i have already done by Cartographer. Thank you for the new units :) I will add them soon to the map editor so you will be able to put them on your maps :) I will put also new items in the next map editor update.