Character Training - Journal of Travels

You want to develop content? Create maps, items or quests! Get rewarded!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Methoneus

Character Training - Journal of Travels

Post by Methoneus »

Would be cool to get some help in terms of where to train my swordsman. I keep running into spawns that are either too weak with not enough exp granted, of the same level as me and are too hard to kill, or things that are just above me that are impossible to kill. Any help would be awesome here. Thx in advanced.

What I've learned so far from everyone.

**Kulgans Quest** - Finished 10/13

-North West of the Foresters Hut on 0, 0, 2 guys sitting next to a camp fire.
-Read carefully what they say, do what they tell you to do.
-Estimated at minimum 15k experience. Along with gold and some beginner gear to go with it as rewards during the quest.
-Only takes about an hour at most to complete.

@maniac thanks for getting another book for me. That was a boss move of you. I'll repay the debt some day.
@LostKnight thanks for recommending this in the first place and keeping me company through out that journey. It was a blast bud.

**DEX is KING** - In Progress. Testing.

-Something you learn in the Quest mentioned above from Kulgan.
-Want to have +6 Of the LVL you are fighting.
-You hit a lot more while at the same time they miss a lot.

**Yellow Archers on 3, 1** - Will start Tomorrow. Testing.

-Stock up on Health Potions before heading out.
-Drop bows that are worth 30k
-Sell to the Blacksmith on 1, -1
Last edited by Methoneus on Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:37 am, edited 6 times in total.
SellSword

Re: Character Training

Post by SellSword »

What level is your swordsman? Also, do you have any pets?
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

Yes your level, gear and DEX are important.

Are you "just starting"?
If yes! Did you talk to the two guys ate the campfire north west of the foresters hut on map 0.0?

Read carefully what they say, do what they tell you to do, along with the little side quests you bump into along the way, and you will be level 15 in no time.
I was always AFK!
I was LK, A Friendly Knight.
Methoneus

Post by Methoneus »

Day 3 of playing I started following this level 40 Portuguese guy to see if I could brave some serious stuff with him. We don't understand each other, but for whatever the reason, out of the kindness of his heart, He gives me the 200k and the gear you see. He's helped me tons and he even let's mobs lock onto him and let's me kill them for the experience. I have stuff in the bank for when I'm level 10 all the way up to 15 at the moment.

Anyways, I digress. Enough of the backstory lol... That's where this post comes into play. I have some decent gear and I want to branch off piggy backing on him and get to grinding some levels on my own. I'm a power leveling type, so the most efficient load out would be awesome to know as a swordsman, and the places to hit with exp ranging from 30 to 150 and semi-decent drops.
Attachments
My character right now.
My character right now.
Screenshot_20191011-220056_Forgotten Tales.jpg (1.3 MiB) Viewed 6228 times
Last edited by Methoneus on Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:08 pm, edited 4 times in total.
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

One thing to keep in mind is your dex. When grinding you would ideally like your dex to be at least +6 over what you are fighting. The short version is you hit them a lot and they miss you a lot. When you hit your next level you probably want to go back to spawn and put everything on dex. You will get strength and armor with new gear, and as long as you have that +6 you can put stats to str/arm too.

At level 9 your best option will probably be the yellow archers on map 3, 1. You can stock up on healing pots and take them out one at a time (or work with someone). They drop bows worth 30k+ in gold, but you get the most gold loading up on a few and taking them to the blacksmith on map 1, -1 to sell.

That will be a good grinding spot for several levels. When you're in the 15-20 range you could go to the library on map 3, 2 (other players might make it difficult). At probably 20+ you could fight blood mummies on map 3, -2 down the stairs on the bottom left side.
Methoneus

Post by Methoneus »

SellSword wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:42 am One thing to keep in mind is your dex. When grinding you would ideally like your dex to be at least +6 over what you are fighting. The short version is you hit them a lot and they miss you a lot. When you hit your next level you probably want to go back to spawn and put everything on dex. You will get strength and armor with new gear, and as long as you have that +6 you can put stats to str/arm too.

At level 9 your best option will probably be the yellow archers on map 3, 1. You can stock up on healing pots and take them out one at a time (or work with someone). They drop bows worth 30k+ in gold, but you get the most gold loading up on a few and taking them to the blacksmith on map 1, -1 to sell.

That will be a good grinding spot for several levels. When you're in the 15-20 range you could go to the library on map 3, 2 (other players might make it difficult). At probably 20+ you could fight blood mummies on map 3, -2 down the stairs on the bottom left side.
Going to check all this out for sure. Thanks for all the insight man. I was grinding out Ogres just now for this quest with arcanius. Now I can't find him lol...
Leone

Post by Leone »

Before you level up too much, what type of approach will you take with the game?

Pvp: swordsman a decent choice

No pvp: I'd say the dwarf as the skills you will gain are better suited.

My preference is the archer, but that's my preference:)

I'll look out for you ingame to help where I can.
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

Ninja's by Leone.

I agree totally with Leone. If you have not gone so far consider what he said.

The OLD manual_enemies.pdf starts off with a list of player characters. Look it over and make a choice according to your game style.

Also available are the OLD manual_items.pdf and manual_quests.pdf that are still good for the earlier stages of the game.

You have a computer? FT for Windows or Linux Currently v7.3.2

Have fun!

Dwarf or Freya once they get Fury Axe are an awesome PvM player. I too like the Archer. Had I known this at the beginning I would be LostArrow, for the crafting affinity, vs LostKnight or maybe Liz Borden (Freya) 40 whacks!
→ Trade Affinities: Show
Trade_Affinity.jpg
Trade_table_complete.png
Good luck
I was always AFK!
I was LK, A Friendly Knight.
Methoneus

Post by Methoneus »

@Leone it took me a while to pick my class hahaha... I went with Swordsman because he seemed the most balanced. I don't plan to specialize in anything specific. I'm more of well rounded "balance" type player. A jack of all trades if you will. I want to be able to experience every aspect of the game at lower efficiency rather than just pigeon hole myself into a corner somewhere being a master of one.

@LostKnight I do have a computer, but I like this game a LOT on mobile so far. I play for about an hour or 2 before I go to bed.

Thanks for all the tips from everyone so far. It's definitely gave me a lot to think about.

Keep it coming, I would like to see everyone's perspective here.
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

I'm a level 1200 swordsman and I've been playing for about two years. Busy life and I usually play for a bit here and there. Others are all about mega leveling and such, but I think it's a fun game if you treat it (and respect it) like just a fun game to pass the time.

I think you've taken an awesome first step of creating a forum account as there is a wealth of information here. If you can't find something just ask away!