Auction house for players to buy and sell gear

You want to develop content? Create maps, items or quests! Get rewarded!

Moderator: Game Administrators

DEMONS

Auction house for players to buy and sell gear

Post by DEMONS »

This is one thing that I've always thought FT should have had is an auction house for players to be able to buy sell or bid on items ither players are selling since alot of us are on different time zones it would make the game alot more efficient and more convenient for all players.
DEMONS
-FOCUS-
HAMMERBITE
DIGMEUP
GRUNDLE
CARNAGE
DEMONSCENT
SellSword

Re: Auction house for players to buy and sell gear

Post by SellSword »

This has been brought up so many times already, but maybe something can come of it soon. A few different variations have come up, but honestly anything that allows one player to sell some items to others without the need to be present would be great.

Cap it at a limited number of items per player? Maybe even charge a small fee or commission? Pretty much all fine in my opinion as being able to sell for something is better than not being ae to sell.

Cut down on scammers and spammers alike. What's not to like?
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
Leone

Post by Leone »

Agree that (1) it's a great idea and (2) it's been brought up many time previously.

Here is a keyword search 'auction': search.php?keywords=Auction

Here is a keyword search 'marketplace':
search.php?keywords=Marketplace

There could well be other variations, but whatever it's called- a good idea is a good idea!
BeyazTurk

Post by BeyazTurk »

Yes it can be beautiful. for example; I have no money. I need to sell items. I put my item on the market to sell. I go to level development. So. I don't have to wait to sell the item. Yes yes. It would be nice
I'm permanently banned from the game and the forum. all my forum accounts are permanently blocked. if you text me I probably won't see it.
-Komutan-
Gullander

Post by Gullander »

Some players out of choice or necessity spend hours at 0.0 trying to buy and sell items. Clan officers often visit too 0.0 to stock up on items for their members. Alot of time could be saved it is true.

One aspect though that I think would be missed is the social aspect, the occasional hagling over a price, and the opportunity to sell cheap to new players. I don't think an auction would be a good idea as some players are well endowed with gold but an outright sale would work where at time of listing the price is set. Overall I think this idea would be great for the buyers and bad for the sellers compared to how it is now. Some items sell at 0.0 for a wide variety of prices but auction houses with a 24/7 competition with each other would make every one list low so it will sell and/or even out prices. Of course rare items would most likely carry a premium. I guess it depends on what we want? A 24/7 mega store with the lowest prices or a small entrepreneur mom and pop neighborhood store where you get to know and trust them and shop there when you can.

Personally I would prefer a keeping of trading as it is with the personal social aspect. But saying that I think an expansion of the shop menu would be great for those who don't have the time to search for a deal. It has been suggested before selling items to the shop and them being entered into inventory so another player could come later and buy it. Of course this also could have the effect of making now expensive items too cheap at a shop. It is worth discussing for sure and very few people like change no matter what is decided. Whatever is good for the game is most important.
Retired
Syor

Post by Syor »

I only partially agree with Gullander

I think like you that the social relationship is the basis of the game, which is why it is indispensable for me
Said this.

I propose a real auction of items placed at the base of the auction, with agreed re-launch, in a predisposed area that if you open the access once a month, for 24 hours

Zone no pvp

Each player takes turns auctioning his item, announcing the auction base, or raising, and off you go! With the latest offer the item must be sell.

Yes they must draw up clear rules, instructions on how the auction is to be carried out

Rules such as number of items to sell, silence in chat, so as not to create Confusion.

.......A thing like that.
Freya Syor
Sword Syorina
ITALIAN
Italian Ignobili Group Messenger
There is no game without fun
Barkley

Post by Barkley »

Leone wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 4:56 pm Agree that (1) it's a great idea and (2) it's been brought up many time previously.

Here is a keyword search 'auction': search.php?keywords=Auction

Here is a keyword search 'marketplace':
search.php?keywords=Marketplace

There could well be other variations, but whatever it's called- a good idea is a good idea!
Forum rat. Doing nothing other than looking at forum :lol: :lol: :lol:

(Take this as a joke please :lol: )
Added ideas: More friends list space
Other ideas: New clan rank: Mayor, Outlaw, Multiple House Owners

Co-creator of the Ember Islands clan map with KalenFirst
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

That Leone and his forum use! :lol:
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
Zero974

Post by Zero974 »

That's a great idea. I really want that, too!
Username:- Zero -(710)mage :D
LordSeth

Post by LordSeth »

This was a idea brought up multiple times. We can maybe start think of it agian.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=7615&p=59980&hilit=Auction#p59980
Game Administrator
LORD SETH
Languages: English
Useful Links:
- General game help
- Quest list
- Forum Rules
- Game Rules
FOLLOW RULES THEY ARE HERE FOR A REASON