A Forgotten Tales ABC's

As the description says!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Gullander

Re: A Forgotten Tales ABC's

Post by Gullander »

Castle- There are some other architectural wonders beside Ardesia City in FT and one is the castle. Do not confuse this with the Taj Mahal looking building in the desert but similarly both are closed to visitors until you achieve certain goals. At level 300 the castle becomes available and its four levels of interest each with quests of increasing difficulty and level requirements. Peeking in it seems like a rather tame place. No hoards to greet you of blood thirsty monsters unless….you enter some of the rooms where experienced club stans will do just that attempt to club you to death. Level two contains trained monsters close cousins to the red monsters or red cyclops. They also carry clubs hmmm….not very friendly place I’d say. Level 3 and 4 contain a maze and puzzle and increasingly intimidating minotaurs. Just thought you’d like to know before you storm the castle!
Retired
Gullander

Post by Gullander »

Caustic language and Censorship - One feature of game play is a texting filter that is in place to edit out certain "colorful "words players may use in heated moments. Of course as FT players are a clever lot often these filters are sidestepped by alternative spelling or abbreviations. It is not my intention to argue the pros and cons as it is inevitable someone or something is going to push our button and we will feel compelled to address it. Here is where we can choose to say what thoughtful fairies or merry fun or something creative. In English there are thousands of words waiting to be crafted for any situation and I suppose in all languages used here in FT. We are an uncommon lot and are are capable of an uncommon communication . So when a malevolent foe arrives who you consider mouse fodder address them as the miscreant fop they are... or better yet save your blood pressure and count to ten as momma used to say and filter yourself!
Retired
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

Crafting - The FT lottery

Do you want to question how statistics or odds work? I so, try your hand at crafting! You need an item and you can craft it, so you put in the time to gather the materials. Then you stand before the blacksmith, or at your forge, head down, just taking a moment. You whisper a prayer to Felicitas, Fortuna, Tyche, Fortune, Gefion, and every other diety of fortune that you can think of. Finally, you raise your head. You avoid eye contact with the blacksmith, but you still hear his mocking voice: "You've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, punk?"
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
Gullander

Post by Gullander »

Crafting addendum- Yes the Gods sneer at you but there is one redeeming
(if you can call it that) feature...it is failure that helps raise your crafting
level not success! So maybe you might get the last laugh...but i doubt it!
It seems also the Gods play favorites though they delight in crushing all
hopes it seems, the swordsman gains a 2% chance with each level increase,
a dwarf 3% and and archer 5%. But in a lottery that often doesn't mean a thing. :o
Retired
Leone

Post by Leone »

C is for class
You choose your class for plenty of reasons: possibly because of previous rpg experiences but also because of what sort of game you play. PvM? Dwarf or mage. Clan member all-rounder? Dwarf. PvP? Take your pick ...ahem....I mean mage.

Class means something else though. Not which character you play, but how you play it. Class players stay true to their word, true to their friends, they don't cheat the game and they think of others. Players who happen to be lower levels were all of us once upon upon a time. That's class.
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

←←→→ LOVES THAT ↑↑↑↑ POST
I am always AFK!
I am LK, A Friendly Knight.
Gullander

Post by Gullander »

Coffins- Hmm….where there are coffins there are undead! Many of our dungeons in the game come with coffins strewn about. It generally is a good idea not to disturb them and the inhabitants look unkindly on you messing with Uncle Festers remains or you may summon Elvira or Sir Graves Ghastly. However if you find a large coffin try to open it as more than likely a valuable of some kind is inside. Without giving too much away a few quests involve coffins one a secret passage the other a chance at grave robbing! While we are on the letter C where do coffins usually end up? Cemeteries…yes these also play into a couple of quests and fun areas to explore. Their demise can be your surprise!
Retired
witch

Post by witch »

i would say C is for careful ! strong monsters can eat your pets in dangerous areas , careful !with pet killers too (pets are your responsability keep an eye on them ) careful !with random pvp😋 (incase of pvp u can always ruuun for your life 😀) careful ! when you trade,sell or buy items and c is for coffee!😅 i love coffe 🙊,also c is for compassion for other players if they're having hard days let`s help them little bit we all need little help sometimes (That kind of compassion might go a long way toward helping us begin to respond to a hurting world..) C for charity i like to give drops to random low lv players . C is for company i love my friends company when we`re lving up toguether . (^.^)/
Walking through the darkness, i shall not fear , the moon my light, my shadow is the only one that walks beside me and some stars guide my path .
SENIOR GM
NOW -> RETIRED GM
Useful Links:
- Forum Rules
- Game Rules
Gullander

Post by Gullander »

Wow, witch this is best post of all!!! :D :D :D
Retired
witch

Post by witch »

Gullander wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:23 am Wow, witch this is best post of all!!! :D :D :D
Ty ty (^.^)/
Walking through the darkness, i shall not fear , the moon my light, my shadow is the only one that walks beside me and some stars guide my path .
SENIOR GM
NOW -> RETIRED GM
Useful Links:
- Forum Rules
- Game Rules