Spawning

As the description says!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Ryaca

Spawning

Post by Ryaca »

I've seen a lot of players being mean to other players because they are standing in the wrong place and blocking spawns. I understand that if this is done on purpose that this is clearly a rule violation and it is wrong. However, most of the time I see it, it is done by a newer player that has no idea that they are even doing it. If this is the case, here's an idea. TRY ASKING NICELY WITH A PLEASE FOR THE PLAYER TO MOVE. I've seen players being rude and downright nasty and ordering other players around. For those players, always remember this: YOU DON'T RUN THE SHOW. Remember, you also were new at one time and didn't know everything about the game. A little patience goes a long way and we as players are called to help newer players. Next time try inserting a please in front of "move". Just because you've been in the game longer does not give you the right to be a jerk and take away from the overall gaming experience. We must teach the mechanics of the game to newer players with patience and respect. I've been yelled at just for walking in the general direction of a spawn point. I wasn't even standing still, lol! In this case, I think it's safe to say that things have gotten out of hand. We should all be patient and kind to each other.
BOO!:ghost:
Leone

Re: Spawning

Post by Leone »

I agree with your sentiment: 'please move - you're spawn blocking' would be a lot more polite! If the new player is genuine, then they will ask what this means. If they still refuse to move, then perhaps they deserve to have the spawn kill them and they will learn the hard way!

This works both ways though, as on the other hand it can be annoying if a new player simply assumes that can steal your spawn. In my experience, a simple 'Am I ok here for a few minutes?', 'OK?' or something similar goes a long way to better ensure that newer players receive help from the more experienced ones.
Ryaca

Post by Ryaca »

Leone, that was a great post and I agree with you, it works both ways. I liked your suggestion on having players ask, "Is it ok if I stand here"? I believe your feedback is very helpful and can help bridge the gap to a more positive gaming experience. If everyone has a little patience and respect for one another, then I believe the game can be more enjoyable.
Ryaca

Post by Ryaca »

I would like to add Leone that most of the time, a player cannot stop long enough to type a message before someone is shooing them off.
The Houstaaja

Post by The Houstaaja »

Another problem is language barrier. I usually give up immediately if the blocker is spanish/brazilian/polish or russian, since it's a waste of time to make them understand what you are trying to say. Some sort of automatic translator for the in-game chat would be perfect!
THE DEVIL (Dwarf) (371).
The Ogre (150). (raw).
The Magic (106).
The Archer (130).
SPECTER (Swordman) (155).
SHOPKEEPER (10) storage account.
Game Translator.
Languages spoken: Finnish, English.
Ryaca

Post by Ryaca »

That is a great idea! Is that even possible?
Leone

Post by Leone »

Not really. FT players are from all over the world and so there are many languages that go with this. Imagine the programme required translate every word of every language to every word of every other language.
madmaniacal1

Post by madmaniacal1 »

Leone wrote:Not really. FT players are from all over the world and so there are many languages that go with this. Imagine the programme required translate every word of every language to every word of every other language.
I agree. The processing power needed to translate every language into every language would tax the system. Hard. Cause major lag.
Omnes Autem Uri
The Houstaaja

Post by The Houstaaja »

Game of Wars currently has this function, but i have no idea that would it work on FT.
THE DEVIL (Dwarf) (371).
The Ogre (150). (raw).
The Magic (106).
The Archer (130).
SPECTER (Swordman) (155).
SHOPKEEPER (10) storage account.
Game Translator.
Languages spoken: Finnish, English.
Ryaca

Post by Ryaca »

Ya, it was a good idea though...