Text messages kick me

As the description says!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Ryaca

Text messages kick me

Post by Ryaca »

I play on my phone and whenever I receive a text message, I usually get kicked from the game. This usually leaves me cursing and yelling at the top of my lungs at whichever friend or family member has interupted my game playing (Thank God they can't hear me) :D . Does anyone know if there is a setting that I can change in my phone so that receiving text messages will not kick me from the game? Does anyone else even have this problem?
BOO!:ghost:
Leone

Re: Text messages kick me

Post by Leone »

On my Samsung I would tap the following:
Settings
Sounds and notifications
App notifications
Text message icon
Block
Leone

Post by Leone »

Luckily I don't have the problem you do but that should work. Unblock to receive your text msgs (obv!)
Ryaca

Post by Ryaca »

K thx. I will try this. Wish this worked also for incoming calls.
Tnickel

Post by Tnickel »

You can also put your phone in "Airplane" mode from the pop down menu on top screen. Just simply scroll your finger down from top of screen to open menu. This mode blocks all calls and notifications only emergency calls or notifications will be allowed. Every newer phone 2010 plus has this mode. Just simply turn it off or on as you are playing.
Twisted Nickel AKA Death Cl0wn
Ryaca

Post by Ryaca »

Thanks for the info
DaHobbit

Post by DaHobbit »

I don't recall where, but there is a setting that allows telephone calls to interrupt phone apps. You can turn that off as well. Go through all of your settings - sometimes you will find things you never knew existed.
DaHobbit - Game Master (GM)
Ryaca

Post by Ryaca »

Ok thx. I'll go look now
ninenine

Post by ninenine »

Tnickel wrote:You can also put your phone in "Airplane" mode from the pop down menu on top screen. Just simply scroll your finger down from top of screen to open menu. This mode blocks all calls and notifications only emergency calls or notifications will be allowed. Every newer phone 2010 plus has this mode. Just simply turn it off or on as you are playing.
:D. Old post but, please.
U kidding me? Seriously. :D
MadMikael

Post by MadMikael »

ninenine wrote:
Tnickel wrote:You can also put your phone in "Airplane" mode from the pop down menu on top screen. Just simply scroll your finger down from top of screen to open menu. This mode blocks all calls and notifications only emergency calls or notifications will be allowed. Every newer phone 2010 plus has this mode. Just simply turn it off or on as you are playing.
:D. Old post but, please.
U kidding me? Seriously. :D
Haha, good necro.
Anyway, the "airplane mode" blocks all signals coming in and out of your device...
This is so you can *technically* use your phone on a plane to play an offline game (however, I doubt they'd let you).
However, by definition, your data or your wifi will not work. So, the mmo would not be an option.
RETIRED [GM] - Game Master

Please contact GM Inbox for help if you need it.

⬇️ GM Inbox contact link ⬇️
ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=9711