Dave_shot
Red_Croc
Green_Croc
PurpleCroc
MultiCroc
---

GAME TRANSLATOR (Spanish)

GAME TESTER

Seguir las reglas del juego. Si tenéis alguna duda enviarme un mensaje privado. Gracias
MadMikael

Re: madmikael for mod comment yes poll!!!@!@

Post by MadMikael »

The topic has since been edited to be a real poll
Now, players can vote anonymously if they so choose
I suggest you add to the vote by clicking one of the options
But, feel free to add posts if you like
RETIRED [GM] - Game Master

Please contact GM Inbox for help if you need it.

⬇️ GM Inbox contact link ⬇️
ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=9711
naomi

Post by naomi »

yes
username:naomi lvl.1,631 archer (ADIK-Marshal)
username:naomii lvl.72 archer (ADIK-Duke)

IS NOW ACTIVE...
MadMikael

Post by MadMikael »

Just some thoughts...
Thank you for the support, you guys are really making me consider doing this...
However, I hope you're doing so for the right reasons....
Just wanting parties isn't a good reason.
Why are there no parties anymore? Well, I've asked around...
Part of it is there was some change to the spawning system, and its much more difficult.....
But, that's not the main reason.
The main reason is, that there were some pretty negative comments at parties.
Complaints and GM bashing, you know.
Some things were said, and some feelings were very hurt.
Here is a public quote off the facebook group:
"I almost quit the game during my last event. The players made me feel total miserable."
Keep in mind, GMs do this stuff for fun... they're looking to have fun too.
They're really busy, they get to deal with some of the scummiest people, and at the end of the day, if they're throwing a party its because they want to find some enjoyment in the game, and reward the good players.
gmwork.jpg
gmwork.jpg (78.71 KiB) Viewed 3920 times
Ok, so why am I writing this?
I want spawn parties back too. They were an awesome time, for players to come together and just enjoy the chaos.
IF I become a GM, of course I'll look into throwing parties, but I'd like to make a change. Of course, I'd need the team to approve this.
I'd like to enforce some of the game rules that are usually ignored in spawn parties. These are:
9) Reducing game-playing experience of others!
Like I said, GMs do this for fun. By complaining, you're reducing their game-play experience. IMO you should be teleported away or even kicked. In the past, usually such comments were ignored, or it would cause the party to stop. I'd rather just weed out the bad apple.
10) Chat Language!
IMO these rules should be updated to specify general harassment to some extent. It is against the rules, but not specifically. Anyway, saying a GM spawned the wrong stuff, or the drops suck (rules are strict on drops), or even that the party sucks, should be considered as offensive language IMO. You're berating the GM's ability and/or choices. They're doing the best they can. Again, my opinion is that such players should be immediately removed from the event, as they're just causing a problem.

MY PURPOSE HERE is to raise some awareness, to get some community opinions, and just to see what happens.
Hopefully you took the time to read all this. Hopefully my suggestions are considered.
Hopefully DaHobbit will throw a party again (*winks at Hobbs*), I know he has a plan in the works too.

Bence

Post by Bence »

Yep. You have right again. I remember that I wrote to minichat somethibg like "DaHobbits partys are awful, he always spawns too much montsters". But I didnt think about that he make partys for us and not for himself.
"We are unity in diversity"
lvl 1006 mage
MadMikael

Post by MadMikael »

Bence wrote:Yep. You have right again. I remember that I wrote to minichat somethibg like "DaHobbits partys are awful, he always spawns too much montsters". But I didnt think about that he make partys for us and not for himself.
I'm glad that you're thinking about this.
I'd also like to point out another thing I have issue with. Perhaps it will raise some more awareness.

Its no secret that the team is spread thin and overworked.
So it should be no surprise that they have little or NO time to play at all.
So tell me, where's the enjoyment of the game?
Not sure if the quote is accurate, but it is sound
Not sure if the quote is accurate, but it is sound
allworknoplay.jpg (10.81 KiB) Viewed 3914 times
Think about it.
Think about it.
allworknoplay2.jpg (35.96 KiB) Viewed 3914 times
Hopefully you think about these things, and hopefully you'll appreciate your GMs a little more.
Do us both a favour, and make sure you go out of your way to thank them. They've earned it.
Odds are, they've already had a fun day of dealing with scumbags, so a little thank you goes a long way.

EDIT: this post is also targeted at GMs, hoping they will make some more time to try and find some enjoyment in the game. It's important I think.

DaHobbit

Post by DaHobbit »

Yes, I almost quit the game entirely after the last spawn event. I do so much for the players, and the spawn events are only for the players. I get nothing from it other than enjoying the fact that so many players are happy (happier). There are always complaints, but the last event was loaded with them, and tons of demands, and so many terrible things that were said to me or about me. I vowed to never do another event.

However, I know that the silent majority actually enjoy the events, and I only hear from the loud, bad-mouthed minority.

Whether I want to do another event or not does not fix the issues with having events in the modern FT world. Players want loads of XP and tons of dropped gear. That is just not going to happen. We have a spawn rule of about a 10:1 ratio of XP:HP so the XP is already going to be limited. We also do not throw in too many rare drops. (some GMs add more drops than others)

Some of the issues I have with throwing spawn events:
1) A high HP, high XP monster will be reduced by 40% XP by one hit from a swordsman
2) A very high DEX to limit the swordsman reduces XP for all fighters (especially lower level ones)
3) If I spawn for the lvl 5000 player, the lvl 100 player is out of luck trying to kill it
4) If I spawn for the lvl 100 player, the lvl 5000 player kills it in an instant
5) If I spawn normal HP/XP monsters, a group of higher level mages will wipe out the spawn the second after I click "enter"

There are other issues with the events, but it would be nice for players to realize some of this, and to have some level of understanding.

I know that many will never understand, and the complaints will always come. So..... How can I have a spawn event where the majority of the players are happy, and most of the above issues are resolved or at least minimized?

I think I have created a solution! I am working on a new map.

Here is the map I am working on. It looks kind of plain, and I am trying to spruce up the different rooms so it looks more interesting. But all players will enter in the center by the staircase. The players will have to exit the doors north of the smaller room. Along the hallway are signs explaining some of my event rules. As in ALL of my events, outlaws are not invited. Since many outlaws refuse to obey, and refuse to leave, I made a special room in this map (the small room in very center of the map) where I will send all outlaws where they will stay until the event is over. That way I do not have to keep sending them away, only for them to return a few minutes later.

The map has 9 main rooms. 8 of those room will be spawn rooms. I will section players off in ways I see fit. That way I can spawn for that lvl 5000 player and not worry about the lvl 100 player, because I can send appropriate spawn into the room where the lvl 100 player is. And for that pesky swordsman that likes to steal 40% of the xp from every monster, but refuses to help kill it - well he can go to his own room :) :)
Attachments
Spawn Map.jpg
Spawn Map.jpg (599.15 KiB) Viewed 3898 times
DaHobbit - Game Master (GM)
Local

Post by Local »

I agree hobs not meny take time to think of all aspects of keeping partys balanced and fair for all. But I really like this new party map idea I hope it gets implemented
Narcotic
RIP
naomi

Post by naomi »

good job hobs...as always..u da man!
username:naomi lvl.1,631 archer (ADIK-Marshal)
username:naomii lvl.72 archer (ADIK-Duke)

IS NOW ACTIVE...
ardesia

Post by ardesia »

I totally agree on what is said here. GMs do a job ways harder than players can imagine.
IMO it's a good idea to explain that depicting part of the iceberg body

This new map system seems so good! I can't wait to see it working! Thanks for designing it!
And since I know animations rendering might be heavy indeed during spawn parties, I wont ask for NPC mices nor rabbits to be added in there 8-)
[GM] ardesia :: Game Admin :: Currently retired
If you need contacting me, write my vasinta forum account a message