As the description says!

Moderator: Game Administrators

receveo

Post by receveo »

Last edited by receveo on Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ayZuse

Re: dahobbit good night.

Post by ayZuse »

I Vote NO HOBBS... You've gotten to many passes from Creator and Gandulf when most mods would habe already been kicked..

There is a reason you are not an ADMIN anymore..

VOTE NO HOBBS
Isoril-Mage-5620
Knighty-Mage-2400~~~~PERM MUTE
OhhGrr-Oger-1001
GodsHitMan-Archer- 257

Facebook--------- Zuse FT

The only manor of beast im afraid of hasn't been born yet. And it's mama is already dead.
madmaniacal1

Post by madmaniacal1 »

I have yet to see this topic make a bit of sense. May need to explain exactly what the issue is. Otherwise, this topic just looks foolish.
DaHobbit

Post by DaHobbit »

I took a few times reading it to almost understand it. The players complaining above have purchased levels, and in some cases a lot of levels - and much money in other areas as well. Therefore, they have some sense of entitlement where they believe they are above the rules. They will cuss me, challenge my authority, and blatantly break rules. When I enforce the rules and stand firm, because it is my job and the right thing to do, they scream "mod abuse", threaten to report to Google, threaten to report to Compbatant, and whatever else they can think of.

I am rather strict, I know, but being strict avoids grey areas in the rules. Therefore, if you break a rule, there is some type of consequence. The GM team strives to be consistent when punishing players so most anything I do would have been done the same way by any other GM. Though, until recently, I have been the only GM actively in the game interacting with players, policing players, and punishing players. So it makes sense that many don't like me. But I am not here to have you like me. I'm not here to give you a party. I'm not here to make you smile. I am here to enforce the rules. That is my job. Everything I do beyond that is because I want to. I do help more players than I punish. I do want to give you a party. I do want to make you smile. But my job comes first.

I think it is very similar to being a parent. You want your kids to be happy. You want to give them most everything they want. You want to entertain them, and so much more. However, when they misbehave, it is your first duty to discipline them and teach them right from wrong. Sure, they aren't going to like being punished, but it's your job. Being a parent for me means being a father first, a friend second.

I am not an Admin. I never was an Admin. So the "not an Admin anymore" is not correct.
DaHobbit - Game Master (GM)
receveo

Post by receveo »

Last edited by receveo on Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MadMikael

Post by MadMikael »

I really don't care for this thread either... it seems to me just a way to complain, without bothering to make the proper effort, as I'm fairly certain these complaining players have been instructed to do.

I know some of you may say this.....
picardbrokenrecord.jpg
picardbrokenrecord.jpg (10.51 KiB) Viewed 6055 times
But I suggest you read the Also, I will suggest, to ANYONE and EVERYONE: if you ever have an issue with a GM, it is your responsibility to report the issue promptly to an admin. If you do not, you are accepting their decisions/actions by default. Bringing it up at a later date is pointless. Also, all admins decisions are final; once a decision is made by admins, bringing it up again is pointless.

Now that's out of the way; lets discuss this, since you seem to want to.

I fully agree with DaHobbit's statement, opinion, and approach. I feel no need to comment here, or add anything to it.

As far as your accusations against him go, I wonder;
Have you reported it to the admins? and, have they made a verdict? If so, then this post is just inflammatory, and should be deleted IMO. If not, then it's your fault IMO.

As far as his punishments go, again, I suggest you read the above posted rules; everything you listed was a rule violation, and every punishment listed seemed reasonable, even without knowing the context.

So again, I wonder, what is the purpose of this thread?
RETIRED [GM] - Game Master

Please contact GM Inbox for help if you need it.

⬇️ GM Inbox contact link ⬇️
ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=9711
receveo

Post by receveo »

Last edited by receveo on Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
receveo

Post by receveo »

Last edited by receveo on Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
receveo

Post by receveo »

Last edited by receveo on Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MadMikael

Post by MadMikael »

receveo wrote:There is a grey squishy area always happens...
If you're referring to the game rules, then I agree. I also suggest, you check out my post, and comment there, if you have ideas.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13660
receveo wrote: There is no reason to cap game trades to 999m
This is a game mechanic, and can only be altered by compbatant. You can always, attempt to contact him directly, or preferably, post in Suggestions and New Ideas.
receveo wrote: there is no reason to be on to check players language cuase its censored
Not exactly true. If it is excessive usage, it may be checked on server, especially if directed at another player. Players can (and do) report these sort of verbal attacks.
receveo wrote: you need to stop something more serious then just joke talking like buying 250lvls for 70$ which was recent offer
We do the best we can, with what we have. I'm sorry to say, that I agree, it isn't enough at times. But, it is stated in the rules, that certain things (like jokes) are better sent via whisper, so as not to cause confusion. I usually cannot tell, in that small line of text, whether the player is joking or not. Again, you should post suggestions in the proper forum; hopefully, they get considered.
receveo wrote: ive played long enough to know when mod is over stepping
Then, you should know by now, that you should be reporting to an admin, not posting here, if you wish to accomplish something.
receveo wrote:There is always going to be new players that needs help with this quest and that quest. And over the past week I heard you tell new players you dont know. You know why over past 2years there hasnt been one update to the cotton picking quest log! But dozen to clan play. You know why madmike cuase clan play sells.
I have a long to do list, not visible to players, on things that need to be updated. I am currently working with a helpful player on the game help file. I think, the monster list will be next. Then possibly the quest manual. It is in the works, but it will take time. All of these documents are done entirely by volunteers; your comment about clan play may be accurate, I don't know.
receveo wrote: After you guys start taking and jailing the real criminals ingame ... If acct is accused of stealing cheating I cant tell u how to monitor thats on you guys but you should punish and give out to players ect.
Again, we're doing the best with what we have. DaHobbit has taken a personal interest in the matter, against the advice of the other GMs. It is highly recommended, for all to check out his post viewtopic.php?f=4&t=12705
receveo wrote: yall could get better then letting one mod jail mute every character till sky turns blue.
Agreed, hence this post: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13579 , and I can tell you, some new things are being considered in the entire GM application process. It is unlikely that any applications will be accepted until these are done, unfortunately.
receveo wrote: You have the tech censorship stope the mutes dumb jails for language.
I believe you're referring to the chat filter. I'll let you know this; I saw the filter page long ago, and even then it was quite long. You should know, that for every word added, this WILL increase game lag, and reduce game play experience for EVERYONE. Who wants that? Also, we could add every variation of every cuss word in every language under the sun; we would STILL need mutes as, it could STILL be bypassed. No, this is not a solution.
receveo wrote: Start real jail and what u get from the accts that really abuse they broke the **** law give proceeds to new players or give older players a chance to get it back.
When severe punishment is issued, accounts and their items are confiscated, permanently. It does happen. As far as proceeds go, if you're referring to just gold/items, this is not done, as you cannot tell where/how the offending account got them, and you cannot tell really who should get them, to be fair to everyone. If you're referring to real money purchases, that is handled by Admins and compbatant, and I cannot comment.
RETIRED [GM] - Game Master

Please contact GM Inbox for help if you need it.

⬇️ GM Inbox contact link ⬇️
ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=9711