Dahobbit

As the description says!

Moderator: Game Administrators

User avatar
KOREA
Posts: 83
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:27 am

Re: Dahobbit

Post by KOREA » Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:54 pm

I think Dahobbit is one of the sincere and honest GM !
Language spoken: English, Polish, Persian.
NightBaby
Posts: 443
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:43 pm

Re: Dahobbit

Post by NightBaby » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:51 pm

Deleted due to those who wanna cause problems. :!:
Last edited by NightBaby on Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Pride had kept her running when love had betrayed her."
"Some scars don't hurt. Some scars are numb. Some scars rid you of the capacity to feel anything ever again."
User avatar
MadMikael
Posts: 3299
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2014 5:54 pm
Location: Windsor, Ontario, Canada (EST time zone)

Re: Dahobbit

Post by MadMikael » Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:25 pm

NightBaby wrote:
Zepper93 wrote: The only people who have an issue with hobs are rule breakers or people who don't get wat they want or people who expect him to do wat they want because they are the consumers regardless if he has the power to do so.

Hobs helps everyone as he can (even the whiners who give him grief) when he can. He also has a life and he regularly is helping with further developments in ft.

So for you idiots who bash hobs the game would be more fun without u then hobs so I'd rather see all u gone and will defend both hobs and his son because both are nice people. Unlike the whiners of this game who can only complain and expect a whole lot of nothing for something or abuse game.
First off, I never got in trouble or have an issue because of something I wanted. I have an issue because he ignored a report that was made about me by a friend. He would punish the player any other time but he ignored it completely, didn't even tell other GM. The report was extremely important and after nearly a week another friend had to report it to MadMikael who IMMEDIATELY took action like Hobbit should have. He punished the player and has even taken the time to send me a few private messages on what happened. The only issue I have with Hobbs is this ignorance. What happened should not have been ignored and if you knew, you'd likely agree. I appreciate Mad for doing his duty as a GM, on the other hand I'm angry with Hobbit because of this ignorance. I don't appreciate being ignored, especially in the situation I was in. It was just completely stupid and made me feel worse than the original player had already made me feel. :cry:
The only thing I can suggest to you, is to make a formal complaint to an admin if you know it was reported.
If you wish, I will assist you in any way necessary. Just ask.
In any case - note rule 11. After 3 days, if you get no reply, contact another GM.
HOWEVER - I would note, that in real drastic issues (such as this one), time is an important factor. For this, I don't think it would have been bad to contact someone else. Had this event gone past any longer, it would have been past the point of evidence.

Now, I'll change my tone a little.
Publicly blasting like this is not preferred. It is best, that you stop this right now, and contact an admin if you really have issue.
Continuing in this manner could be punished if you take it too far.
You got the help you needed, even if it was not as soon as you'd have liked.
We all have heavy caseloads... sometimes, things get lost or mixed up when they clearly should not.
Sometimes on forum, I'll click something wrong - like the mark all posts read button - hate that.
Both forum and facebook, sometimes, I click a message by mistake... and I never actually read it.
I've been accused of ignoring too. If I am, I'll usually tell the person I am. Most of the time, it was a simple mistake.
I tell players all the time in Private Messages - if you don't hear from me in X amount of time, send me a reminder please.
I'm forgetful sometimes. So many player names, so many issues, so many reports to write. Sometimes, one gets missed. Sometimes, its one that should not get missed.
We do the best we can with what we have.

One last thing. It seems, the quote in your reply made you angry. Keep in mind, it was posted there before you wrote your first post of opinion after this issue.
RETIRED [GM] - Game Master

Please contact GM Inbox for help if you need it.

⬇️ GM Inbox contact link ⬇️
ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=9711
Tommy
Posts: 49
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:51 pm

Re: Dahobbit

Post by Tommy » Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:38 pm

People will always criticise GM's, I think. Nothing new, just the way it is and always will be. People will always talk about the bad more than the good.

GM punish you? "omg that GM is a $€=,÷£@&$;$&&$;&@&#;"

GM makes awesome new feature/event in game?... Everyone forgets a week after it ends "man GM's just don't do enough in this game"

You get my drift..

Doesn't matter what is done, people will always look for the negative because it's more fun to talk about.

Just do you, Hobbs and other GM's.


I understand Nightbaby has a genuine concern, but like Mad said, that can/should only be taken further by reporting it to an Admin.

Once again... Just my thoughts on the matter...
NightBaby
Posts: 443
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:43 pm

Re: Dahobbit

Post by NightBaby » Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:18 am

I wasn't publicly blasting anything, go ahead and punish me but all I did was tell what happened. He said the only people who have a problem with GMs have been punished before. All I did was make my point. Since I obviously can't express the truth I'll go to facebook with ss next. Delete whatever you want but I'm 100% tired of how the GMs are backed by others who don't even know the story or what happened. Give them whatever explanations you want for his actions and deny whatever, I'll post all this on my facebook and make sure to add the ss of all that happened and the details. Punish me go ahead but seriously how about you let someone sexually harass you and almost get away with it because of complete ignorance.

NOW I'm publicly blasting. Go ahead and punish me in any way necessary. I Don't care I have nothing left to lose.
"Pride had kept her running when love had betrayed her."
"Some scars don't hurt. Some scars are numb. Some scars rid you of the capacity to feel anything ever again."
User avatar
ardesia
Posts: 2707
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:47 am
Location: Italy

Re: Dahobbit

Post by ardesia » Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:36 am

NightBaby wrote:I wasn't publicly blasting anything, go ahead and punish me but all I did was tell what happened. He said the only people who have a problem with GMs have been punished before. All I did was make my point. Since I obviously can't express the truth I'll go to facebook with ss next. Delete whatever you want but I'm 100% tired of how the GMs are backed by others who don't even know the story or what happened. Give them whatever explanations you want for his actions and deny whatever, I'll post all this on my facebook and make sure to add the ss of all that happened and the details. Punish me go ahead but seriously how about you let someone sexually harass you and almost get away with it because of complete ignorance.

NOW I'm publicly blasting. Go ahead and punish me in any way necessary. I Don't care I have nothing left to lose.
NightBaby, you made your point quite clear already.
I think there are two cases now.

1 :: DaHobbit decided ignoring your report, and was on purpose leaving your problem pending. If you think this is the case, you should write an admin and report him

2 :: DaHobbit didn't act on the spot on your case due to contingencies: real life being busy, a lot of reports to look at, and so on. If this is the case (as I believe it is, btw), you should accept that GMs are very busy and can happen being unable performing instant actions.

In both cases, I think there is no reason for you to bring this complain on in this post.
[GM] ardesia :: Game Admin :: Currently retired
If you need contacting me, write my vasinta forum account a message
User avatar
MadMikael
Posts: 3299
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2014 5:54 pm
Location: Windsor, Ontario, Canada (EST time zone)

Re: Dahobbit

Post by MadMikael » Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:48 am

NightBaby wrote:I wasn't publicly blasting anything, go ahead and punish me but all I did was tell what happened. He said the only people who have a problem with GMs have been punished before. All I did was make my point. Since I obviously can't express the truth I'll go to facebook with ss next. Delete whatever you want but I'm 100% tired of how the GMs are backed by others who don't even know the story or what happened. Give them whatever explanations you want for his actions and deny whatever, I'll post all this on my facebook and make sure to add the ss of all that happened and the details. Punish me go ahead but seriously how about you let someone sexually harass you and almost get away with it because of complete ignorance.

NOW I'm publicly blasting. Go ahead and punish me in any way necessary. I Don't care I have nothing left to lose.
...sigh

Clearly you're angry still. Yes, this is understandable.
But you did not quote me. I was giving advice is all. Yes, it was meant to sound strong.
I see no reason to punish you. You haven't broken any rules IMO - yet. I wanted to make sure you kept it that way.
You both are making points - yes. And I'm fine with it.
The issue I have is, there have been some in the past who will go out of their way to spread things around about GMs.
This I will not tolerate, as many will only tell partial truths and leave out parts of the story on purpose, to make them sound like the victim.
I'm not saying this is your case - I'm saying its happened before.
Yes, I love it when some player I never met walks up to me and tells me he hates me - based on half a story he heard from so and so.
[sarcasm]Makes me feel great, and makes me want to keep logging on for the huge amounts of money I make.{/sarcasm}

So, we have your side.
Here's my side.
When I got the report, I acted on it - yes.
I will not tolerate this sort of thing, and knowing the seriousness, and the time passed, yes, I had to act quickly.
I tracked down those responsible, and jailed them. Multiple mutes were involved as well as other punishments.

As for DaHobbits side? I only suggested possibilities.
I don't know the story.
It is not my position to confront him on it - that's an admin position.
He can comment if he wishes. Or, he doesn't have to if he doesn't want to.

But as I've told you thrice already - if you want something done about it, contact an admin.
You won't accomplish much here, except maybe make people think GMs are not trustworthy. That includes me as well, thanks.
Think of those players I mentioned slightly - they will only quote part of what you said, and use that to their agendas.
You want to be angry? Sure, go ahead. You've earned it.
But, you may wish to adjust your methods a little, if you want results from it.
RETIRED [GM] - Game Master

Please contact GM Inbox for help if you need it.

⬇️ GM Inbox contact link ⬇️
ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=9711
quickshot3
Posts: 65
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:06 pm
Location: Sweden
Contact:

Re: Dahobbit

Post by quickshot3 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:15 am

MadMikael wrote:
NightBaby wrote:I wasn't publicly blasting anything, go ahead and punish me but all I did was tell what happened. He said the only people who have a problem with GMs have been punished before. All I did was make my point. Since I obviously can't express the truth I'll go to facebook with ss next. Delete whatever you want but I'm 100% tired of how the GMs are backed by others who don't even know the story or what happened. Give them whatever explanations you want for his actions and deny whatever, I'll post all this on my facebook and make sure to add the ss of all that happened and the details. Punish me go ahead but seriously how about you let someone sexually harass you and almost get away with it because of complete ignorance.

NOW I'm publicly blasting. Go ahead and punish me in any way necessary. I Don't care I have nothing left to lose.
...sigh

Clearly you're angry still. Yes, this is understandable.
But you did not quote me. I was giving advice is all. Yes, it was meant to sound strong.
I see no reason to punish you. You haven't broken any rules IMO - yet. I wanted to make sure you kept it that way.
You both are making points - yes. And I'm fine with it.
The issue I have is, there have been some in the past who will go out of their way to spread things around about GMs.
This I will not tolerate, as many will only tell partial truths and leave out parts of the story on purpose, to make them sound like the victim.
I'm not saying this is your case - I'm saying its happened before.
Yes, I love it when some player I never met walks up to me and tells me he hates me - based on half a story he heard from so and so.
[sarcasm]Makes me feel great, and makes me want to keep logging on for the huge amounts of money I make.{/sarcasm}

So, we have your side.
Here's my side.
When I got the report, I acted on it - yes.
I will not tolerate this sort of thing, and knowing the seriousness, and the time passed, yes, I had to act quickly.
I tracked down those responsible, and jailed them. Multiple mutes were involved as well as other punishments.

As for DaHobbits side? I only suggested possibilities.
I don't know the story.
It is not my position to confront him on it - that's an admin position.
He can comment if he wishes. Or, he doesn't have to if he doesn't want to.

But as I've told you thrice already - if you want something done about it, contact an admin.
You won't accomplish much here, except maybe make people think GMs are not trustworthy. That includes me as well, thanks.
Think of those players I mentioned slightly - they will only quote part of what you said, and use that to their agendas.
You want to be angry? Sure, go ahead. You've earned it.
But, you may wish to adjust your methods a little, if you want results from it.


Everyone is making their points. I heard the players are jailed. Wanna know funny thing? They already out of jail. People get jail for months if u afk lvl or something but u get about 1 week for harassing someone under 18. It doesn't sound right to me and idk what you guys think. I'm not a GM or admin just a player expressing my thoughts like everyone else. My point is harder punishment should be done.
No one is loyal until they with you to the death
Keep the circle small :)
Never have feelings for someone if they don't care about you :lol: ;)
NightBaby
Posts: 443
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:43 pm

Re: Dahobbit

Post by NightBaby » Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:21 am

Deleted
Last edited by NightBaby on Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Pride had kept her running when love had betrayed her."
"Some scars don't hurt. Some scars are numb. Some scars rid you of the capacity to feel anything ever again."
User avatar
MadMikael
Posts: 3299
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2014 5:54 pm
Location: Windsor, Ontario, Canada (EST time zone)

Re: Dahobbit

Post by MadMikael » Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:31 am

quickshot3 wrote: Everyone is making their points. I heard the players are jailed. Wanna know funny thing? They already out of jail. People get jail for months if u afk lvl or something but u get about 1 week for harassing someone under 18. It doesn't sound right to me and idk what you guys think. I'm not a GM or admin just a player expressing my thoughts like everyone else. My point is harder punishment should be done.
Thank you, for making my point.
This was the first instance of convicted harassment. That's a one week jail.
What's the first punishment for afk grinding? Hmmm?
We make you read the rules before release. A warning, that's it.

The way these rules scale on repeated violations is also much different.
Repeated violations of 9b) are far worse.
RETIRED [GM] - Game Master

Please contact GM Inbox for help if you need it.

⬇️ GM Inbox contact link ⬇️
ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=9711
Post Reply