Dahobbit

As the description says!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Leone

Re: Dahobbit

Post by Leone »

Off topic I know, but I guess this is the right place to post:)

I wonder how we define low / mid / high lvls now? A lot of forum talk recently has been about how the game has evolved, and over the last couple of years the number of players over 1k has increased significantly.

I reckon low = 100 and below, mid = up to 999 and high = 1000+.
Zepper93

Post by Zepper93 »

Lol I'd almost agree with that accept the numbers for base line but I like whole idea Leon. But as for main topic.

The only people who have an issue with hobs are rule breakers or people who don't get wat they want or people who expect him to do wat they want because they are the consumers regardless if he has the power to do so.

Hobs helps everyone as he can (even the whiners who give him grief) when he can. He also has a life and he regularly is helping with further developments in ft.

So for you idiots who bash hobs the game would be more fun without u then hobs so I'd rather see all u gone and will defend both hobs and his son because both are nice people. Unlike the whiners of this game who can only complain and expect a whole lot of nothing for something or abuse game.
DwarfTank

Post by DwarfTank »

..................................................................................................................................................................................................
Last edited by DwarfTank on Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
DwarfTank-lvl2270(Legendary Player)
ShadowHood-lvl2662
"You can lead a human to knowledge but you can't make one think."Kal-Not:2986BH
NightBaby

Post by NightBaby »

I have a new opinion on Hobbit, but I'd rather not say how I feel. Yes he has been a great GM and part of the game, but something recently has completely ruined how I think of both him, and the game itself. :(

Wish the game was as good as it used to be. The players along with some new "balances" have ruined it. I understand a GM cannot see everything as it happens, but a GM also has the duty to enforce the rules of FT. All of y'all have your opinions, so I can express mine. But if I say what has happened, I will be looked down upon by the GM team and many players even though what I have to say is true. So I'll just agree. Hobbit is a good GM... At times. :|
Does life really get better?
Leone

Post by Leone »

NightBaby wrote:I have a new opinion on Hobbit, but I'd rather not say how I feel. Yes he has been a great GM and part of the game, but something recently has completely ruined how I think of both him, and the game itself. :(

Wish the game was as good as it used to be. The players along with some new "balances" have ruined it. I understand a GM cannot see everything as it happens, but a GM also has the duty to enforce the rules of FT. All of y'all have your opinions, so I can express mine. But if I say what has happened, I will be looked down upon by the GM team and many players even though what I have to say is true. So I'll just agree. Hobbit is a good GM... At times. :|
it seems you have two points here:

1 an issue with Hobbs
2 an issue with recent game balances

Taking them in turn, 1 I suggest you take this up with Hobbs or a game administrator. This post you've just made is very odd, sounds like a private matter (or you'd had stated what the problem is) and so probably didn't need to be made at all publicly.

2 I presume this isn't private. Why not raise the issues publicly for all to see and discuss?
MadMikael

Post by MadMikael »

I have to agree with Leone.

To anyone:
if ever you have issue with any GM, you are encouraged to contact a game admin - they're the ones we answer to.
If you do not feel comfortable in doing so, you can approach a GM you trust.
Now the official thing is over..

Game balances - there have been many over the years.
Many disagree with them. I disagree with forced PvP and pets, I don't hide it. But they're here to stay, and so if I stay, I accept that.
Some even quit over updates as well.

Thing is, if you want to discuss it on the forum - sure, go ahead. Discussion fuels ideas, ideas fuel inspiration, inspiration fuels passion, etc.
"Good ideas" that inspire can come at anytime, from anywhere, from completely unrelated conversations.
If compbatant likes one, he may very well add it if it inspires him - I've seen the guy work round the clock when he has a great idea he just can't let go of.
I don't agree with every mechanic in place; but I voice my opinions where I can, and I hope to be part of some change.
I can honestly say, there are many game changes that have happened over time that I was a small part of.
I can honestly say, no single idea was entirely my own, either.
When a group of people come together, and ideas flow, and something gets hammered out - it's fantastic.
This is why I encourage all to participate on the forum.
RETIRED [GM] - Game Master

Please contact GM Inbox for help if you need it.

⬇️ GM Inbox contact link ⬇️
ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=9711
NightBaby

Post by NightBaby »

Leone wrote:
NightBaby wrote:I have a new opinion on Hobbit, but I'd rather not say how I feel. Yes he has been a great GM and part of the game, but something recently has completely ruined how I think of both him, and the game itself. :(

it seems you have two points here:

1 an issue with Hobbs
2 an issue with recent game balances

Taking them in turn, 1 I suggest you take this up with Hobbs or a game administrator. This post you've just made is very odd, sounds like a private matter (or you'd had stated what the problem is) and so probably didn't need to be made at all publicly.

2 I presume this isn't private. Why not raise the issues publicly for all to see and discuss?
I don't generally have an issue with Hobbs and when the issue went public it was moved off to a private forum. I didn't post it but a close friend did. And, if I state what happened, likely the same will happen. :lol: If you want to know, its about ignorance. I won't publicly say exactly what happened or what was reported, but I can say I have a problem with a GM who is ignorant and doesn't do their duty. My post may have been odd, but it has reasons. I can't just go off and say all that I feel but I'll just say I'm glad the player was punished. Even though the original report was completely ignored for about a week, a different GM who I am happy did their job, punished him. And that GM has also been doing his best lately to make FT more interesting and fun with spooky mobs and being scared yellow ;)

Some recent balances have come with glitches players have abused. I know many glitches are fixed, and this one was too. That's my only issue with the game except that the players that have attacked you cannot be known to you in any way except by memory :lol:
Not sure about y'all but my memory is full of school work and other things like song lyrics :lol:
Does life really get better?
haha2u

Post by haha2u »

Ryaca wrote:Recently I've seen some players criticizing Dahobbit and saying he should not be a GM anymore. I just want to say that FT would not be the great game that it is without all of his contributions. I appreciate all of Dahobbit's sacrifices that he has made for the sake of all who play FT. Currently there are not enough GM's as it is. I hope Dahobbit will be a Gm for a long time to come. I for one appreciate all of Dahobbit's and all of FT staff and contributers contributions to this great game. FT wouldn't be the same without you. I appreciate all that you do. Please keep on keepin' on. I support all FT staff and contributors 100%. Once again, thank you Dahobbit for everything that you do.
I agree 100% hobs is one of the best and fairest GMs in this game. We have had our differences at times but he's still my favorite one hands down. Most people say those things because he laid the law down on them but forget the reason that made him do it. Being a GM in this game is hard but he makes it look easy :lol: IMO this is one of the best GM teams I've seen in a while.
💜Sissy💜Forever In Our Hearts💜

haha2u (Archer 5058)
Manticore (Ogre 814)
Myers304 (Archer 516)
di4b10 (Mage 550)
BLUNT_AXE (Dwarf 146)
Spartakus (Swordsman 211)
DOOMSDAY

Post by DOOMSDAY »

DAHOBBIT HAS PERSONALLY SEEN THAT DR WASPUNISHED LONG AGO. THAT BEING SAID, WOULD HAVE NO OTHER WAY.
HOBBS IS AN HONORABLE GM WITH WORK ETHIC OF A TRUELY UNPAID CHAMPION.
EVEN THOUGH DOOM AND MODS/GM'S HAVE NOT ALWAYS BEEN ON STABLE GROUNDS, DAHOBBIT HAS DOOMS RESPECT.+1 TO HOBBS.
EVEN THOUGH DOOM HAD TO WATCH HIM BLINK DR'S FIRST MASSIVE CITY INTO NOTHINGNESS. GO F. T., GO HOBBS!
GOLGREN

Post by GOLGREN »

GOLGREN EAT THE HOBBIT ONCE;}...... NO GOLGREN NEVER DID +1 DA HOBBIT... BET HE TASTE GOOD THO SOME ZAANDER FIISH MIXED WITH MAGIX FINGERS MAYBE A TOUCH OF SECULAR AND LICH TOP IT OFF WITH SOME PINKY SMOKEY ;} DRMFKRZZ;}