Dahobbit

As the description says!

Moderator: Game Administrators

hungry_wolf

Re: Dahobbit

Post by hungry_wolf »

dont u think this subject took too much time?
why don t we use 'lack of knowledge' instead of 'ignorance' ?
more appropriated and fits to most situations.

have a nice day
Sword dislike sieging - hungrywolf
Dwarf dislike mining - tarvos
Archer dislike crafting - matcauthon
Ogre dislike fishing - heimdall
Mage dislike magic - ogonbat

Member of Ignobili of Ft

Duke of dead clan FTFR
NightBaby

Post by NightBaby »

:!:
Last edited by NightBaby on Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Does life really get better?
NightBaby

Post by NightBaby »

I'll simply delete my posts since some people wanna start saying I was insulting. I wasn't being insulting and I explained it to you and you called me snotty. Nice. Feels great after what I ALREADY felt. You don't know the story. You don't know what he ignored and how serious it was. Thanks for that

Peace out
Does life really get better?
MadMikael

Post by MadMikael »

Again, this is why such issues are better dealt with directly with admins, rather than posting publicly.
The "drama" in this game is very real - it is an RPG after all.
One always has to be careful of the can of worms they open.

Posting publicly gets the attention of the community - and their dramatic feelings are included with their comments.
This is why I state time and again, if you have this sort of issue with a GM, seek an admin.
2 reasons - if the GM is at fault, the only one capable of doing something is an admin; and the other is meant for your own protection against the opinions of others.

I'm really sorry you've ended up having a bad experience with this.
I do sympathize for what you've been through.
I did my best to advise you early on - but I can't control your opinions or your actions. I don't try to.
I can only react to your actions, and show a little forethought and advice if I see potential problems coming.
What you do though, is entirely up to you.
Good luck to you.
RETIRED [GM] - Game Master

Please contact GM Inbox for help if you need it.

⬇️ GM Inbox contact link ⬇️
ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=9711
blitzcraig

Post by blitzcraig »

No, I don't know the story, but I could tell you were upset... we don't know each other really well, but have been friendly in the past. It seemed to me like you were not trying to be offensive, but by simply misusing a word (which happens to us all sometimes) you were coming off as aggressive instead of properly conveying your concern. I was trying to explain what appeared to be happening so that when people read your posts (especially Hobbs) they would understand what you meant, rather than getting defensive about what you typed. Whether you meant them to be or not, your posts were quite insulting, and denying it (or deleting them) doesn't change that fact. I can tell that whatever happened (I certainly do not need to know, and am not asking to) has you very upset, and I didn't mean to add any new stress top of that... quite the opposite really.

Anyway, like I said in my first post, I hope it's all resolved and you're able to move forward and enjoy yourself again soon :D
Beeware the Spiral Blitzbees...
⬜ 💣 🌏
DaHobbit

Post by DaHobbit »

Nightbaby is correct. However, I do agree with Blitz that the word "ignorance" was misused. Reading all of Nightbaby's posts, it seems obvious that he meant the word as me ignoring the issue, and not that I'm stupid. Nightbaby may have that thought too :) but I don't think it was used here.

As for the situation, Nightbaby is correct. The issue was very important and severe. I guess in a way, I did ignore it. So Nightbaby being upset is justified. My sincerest apologies.

Over this last week, I am much better. I am personally getting into a better place. Since the end of July, I have had a series of personal issues (deaths of people very close to me, someone attempted to kill me -34 stitches in my head as a result - cuts on my arms and chest, and I have been sick). It has been very difficult for me to focus lately, and gathering any motivation to do anything has been a real chore.

I remember when the messages came to me about the above issue, and I was not in town. I was waiting until I could get back to town so I could do some research on the server. As with everything lately, my memory is a bit foggy, so my recollection is a bit sketchy. When I returned, there was chat in GM group about this issue. Knowing that the GM team was discussing it, I allowed them to continue with the issue, and I only followed it. I did not really do much else. If they were not dealing with the issue, I would have. I was just happy they were dealing with it so I could deal with issues in my own life. So Nightbaby is correct in a sense. And again, I am sorry. I hope you will understand.
DaHobbit - Game Master (GM)
Leone

Post by Leone »

That sounds dreadful. Hope you're feeling better now Hobbs.

A message to us all, perhaps. We get caught up in FT and there's nothing wrong with that...but , of course, real life has to take priority. If a GM doesn't reply immediately then it may well be because of real life issues.
Jessie Valdez

Post by Jessie Valdez »

I hope everyone is reading this for what you share with us here, I personally think is something that people in this game are forcing. We have rules in the game that want us to contact an Admin if you are not satisfied with GM's work and I think that you can solve in smaller groups and not be published in this way. (But if that was your choice Dahobbit, I hope to feel it's worth it)

This news that happened to you Hobbit is shocking and I hope you will recover physically and spically mentally. Those who do not know experiencing horrible things where violence is the main factor can be worse than the physical damage itself (wound heals but mental illness can be a harm to life). We should all be so grateful that you're left with us as GM and as a friend for the whole community. Family and Health is something that must be prioritized before all else. (Please Hobbs do not worry if you can not help everyone at once, sometimes you have to take care of yourself) I hope you find some healing with staying with us. We always have someone we recognize, which is bigger than anyone else and I personally think Dahobbit is someone who is famous for his job, who is always loyal and enforcing the laws of the Forgotten Tales world.
Seeing a spider isn't a problem. It becomes a problem when it disappears.
cotne7

Post by cotne7 »

DaHobbit is really good as GM ,he is really doing alot for FT and I appreciate it..but I think sometimes he is very strict.
cotne7 Mage lvl 7000
cotne Archer lvl 200
tsotne0 ogre lvl 157
MadMikael

Post by MadMikael »

cotne7 wrote:DaHobbit is really good as GM ,he is really doing alot for FT and I appreciate it..but I think sometimes he is very strict.
Let's talk about a hypothetical situation.

Player A abuses some rules against Player B.
Player B may try to get a GM, but can't get one in time - this happens.
So, Player B gets angry and starts abusing rules against Player A.

Now maybe, Player A is the bad type, and is setting up Player B.
Player A makes a video.
The video clearly shows what Player B is doing in this instance; it goes well beyond screenshots which never prove anything, even chat.
Player A sends the video to the GMs, who are reluctant because they know its quite possible Player A started it.
But, they cannot dispute that in the video Player B is clearly violating rules.
So, Player B is punished, where Player A isn't.

Its a sad world, but it happens in real life all the time.

Just remember: two wrongs don't make a right.
RETIRED [GM] - Game Master

Please contact GM Inbox for help if you need it.

⬇️ GM Inbox contact link ⬇️
ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=9711