A Tip to avoid scammers ;)

As the description says!

Moderator: Game Administrators

_NICKPAN_

A Tip to avoid scammers ;)

Post by _NICKPAN_ »

If I want to trade gold for pets, for example,
I always say the buyer, to write me in pm this:
I accept to be Jailed if I scam NICKPAN.

Then, I screenshot it.
That way, im sure he wont scam me :)

And even if he do, I believe GMs will Jail him, right?

#Nomorescammers
Boo
Ledo

Re: A Tip to avoid scammers ;)

Post by Ledo »

If the player accept to be jail if he scamm, i am sure the GM will jail. And thx, i will use this too when i will buy from other players! :D :D
Fear is freedom! Subjugation is liberation! Contradiction is truth! Those are the facts of this world! And you will all surrender to them!
MadMikael

Post by MadMikael »

haha Nick
yes, if you can't get them to say that, I'd say they may be up to something

I also have a suggestion for anyone looking to do a trade
  • The forum has a search function, usually found near the top right corner
    Type in the name of the player who you're curious about
    SPELLING EXACTLY RIGHT IS VERY IMPORTANT
    You'll get a list of posts the name is in
    Look for any that are in Trade Assistance:Report Scammers and Cheaters!
    Both those already punished, and those currently reported should pop up
    If you see them in that thread, you may want to consider not dealing with them
Good luck everyone ;)
RETIRED [GM] - Game Master

Please contact GM Inbox for help if you need it.

⬇️ GM Inbox contact link ⬇️
ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=9711
Cleopatra

Post by Cleopatra »

Most people when trading with me usually give me the stuff first. I'm veteran GM Cleopatra I'm not going to scam anyone and they have to understand that 1st. If someone won't give me the stuff first I do come to the conclusion most of the time that they're trying to scam me :?
Languages Spoken: English
Facebook name: Cleopatra Ft
I'm a veteran GM of almost 2 years
Dwarf = Worf, Soldier = Captn Kirk, Archer = Tuvok, Ogre = Quark, Mage = Almighty Q
If you can't play honestly then plz honestly don't play!
DaHobbit

Post by DaHobbit »

If they are going to scam you, they will probably say just about anything. It doesn't matter to them. And it doesn't matter to me either. I won't care, and would rather not see the screenshot at all. I need the information I requested in my post.

Tips to avoid a scammer? I would offer the following:

1) Use a GM to help you in the trade.
2) Use a reputable player if a GM cannot be found. (Let this person hold the gold while the other item is purchased)
3) Never deal with a low level payer - it is usually a "throw away" account that the scammer doesn't care if it gets jailed or not.
4) Check forum (as Mad listed above). So many players are getting scammed by players on the scam list. This is actually a good thing (in a backwards way) if it is reported - a repeat scammer goes to jail - and could end up losing all of his/her accounts.
5) Don't use private chat - if a player refuses to talk in the open, it may be because other players may recognize him as a scammer. So say it out loud so everyone listening has a chance to warn you.
6) Sometimes the price is an indication. If a player is willing to sell a pet for 300m, something is wrong. I actually see this a lot. A player wants to buy a pet, but only has 200m. He needs another 300m to buy from the guy selling at 500m. He scams for 300m and then goes to buy the pet from the other guy.
DaHobbit - Game Master (GM)
Ledo

Post by Ledo »

Players who get scammed get gold or intems back?
Fear is freedom! Subjugation is liberation! Contradiction is truth! Those are the facts of this world! And you will all surrender to them!
MadMikael

Post by MadMikael »

Ledo wrote:Players who get scammed get gold or intems back?
No. If you're scammed, you're typically out of luck.
Trades with other players are at your own risk.

MadMikael

Post by MadMikael »

Khmer wrote:Ask around, honest players are well known, clans too, they generally go hand in hand :)
MAX, for example has never scammed anyone!

Regards,
Khmer
I deleted the above post by mistake.
I apologize.
Khmer, please feel free to post again if you like.

Khmer

Post by Khmer »

Ask around, honest players are well known, clans too, they generally go hand in hand :)
MAX, for example has never scammed anyone!
Cashew

Post by Cashew »

Not a tip to avoid scammed persay, but a general tip in here that I haven't seen yet.

Make sure the account the purchase is going towards is LOGGED OUT.

Player A is selling pet.
Player B wants to buy one for himself

Player B should be logged out, THEN player A makes the purchase.

Or...

Player A is selling pet.
Player B wants to buy one for his alt (Player C)

Make sure Player C is logged out before player A makes the purchase.

If the account logs back in too early, or is logged in when the purchase is made it will take until the next server reset for the purchase to go through (I presume, I know it can take HOURS)

The seller to buyer ratio is really low atm, several people I know that sell pets won't even accept under 750m anymore, and more than that demand at least 1b.

My general tips to not get scammed.

First off, I would NOT trust anyone spamming that they're selling pets. No matter if the price seems right or not, that's just fishy to me. Most reputable sellers actually don't broadcast that they sell, because then it'd be a torrent of spam until they log.

Check the value, skins are 300-500m each , pets 500-1000m each. Any trade seemingly too good to be true, it prolly is.

The trend nowadays is payment first. Don't be surprised or always think scam if the seller demands the payment first, however if they won't accept a 3rd party handler of the gold/items, then most likely it's a scam.

Language barrier is always a problem. If you can't understand them, just move on. That seems harsh I know, but prevents any potential problems for everyone. If you've got the patience you can try, just know you might be walking into a flustercluck. One pet might turn into 6 pets, 3 skins, couple bags etc and you might not realize it LOL

Sadly it's all a trust game, and trusted people either aren't known or always available to guarantee a transaction or provide assistance with one.

When in doubt, just wait for the next one. Better to wait a couple days searching than to get scammed and still end up waiting a couple days lol.

Also,if there ARE any complications ask for the GPA code. If they don't have it; you've been scammed.