I'm getting real tired of stupid complaints

As the description says!

Moderator: Game Administrators

MadMikael

I'm getting real tired of stupid complaints

Post by MadMikael »

I was just at the start map.
I had 4 players talking to me at once, and I was answering all 4.
I was also looking up a report for one of them, on forum and facebook at the same time.

Then a 5th player walked up. Very impatient he was.
When I did not answer him IMMEDIATELY, like seriously, 15 seconds later, he started complaining about a GM being AFK when a player NEEDS help.
Get a life, seriously.
Start paying my wages, if you want to tell me what to do.
No, I don't get paid.
Yes, I try really hard to help players.
No, I don't play favourites.
However, I will prioritize players based on manners, and actions, when I feel like it.
Grow up, and wait your turn. Stop being such a spoiled brat.
Keep going like that in life, and people will do far worse to you than just ignore you.
Good advice, I hope you read it, and take it.
It will very likely save you some trouble down the road.
RETIRED [GM] - Game Master

Please contact GM Inbox for help if you need it.

⬇️ GM Inbox contact link ⬇️
ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=9711
Ledo

Re: I'm getting real tired of stupid complaints

Post by Ledo »

Players need to know that to be a GM is hard. +1 for Mad. ;)
Fear is freedom! Subjugation is liberation! Contradiction is truth! Those are the facts of this world! And you will all surrender to them!
Ryaca

Post by Ryaca »

I am sorry that you have to put up with players that conduct themselves in this way. I appreciate everything that you do for FT.
BOO!:ghost:
Humble_M

Post by Humble_M »

+1
It's good to be the king!
-- History of the World - Part I (1981)

username: Humble_M (Mage)
Leone

Post by Leone »

This supports the separate post to direct players to the forum. Here's how:

To have a better experience of the game

To get to know the rules

To have the opportunity to apply to be GM
Khmer

Post by Khmer »

MadMikael wrote:I was just at the start map.
I was also looking up a report for one of them, on forum and facebook at the same time.

When I did not answer him IMMEDIATELY, like seriously, 15 seconds later, he started complaining about a GM being AFK when a player NEEDS help.
Get a life, seriously.
No, I don't get paid.
However, I will prioritize players based on manners, and actions, when I feel like it.
Keep going like that in life, and people will do far worse to you than just ignore you.
Exactly...
(Edit by ardesia: external links are not allowed in forum, I suggest the following change)
Read papers about education, a good one is titled The collapse of parenting, why it's time for parents to grow up
hungry_wolf

Post by hungry_wolf »

totally agree with you , MAD
Sword dislike sieging - hungrywolf
Dwarf dislike mining - tarvos
Archer dislike crafting - matcauthon
Ogre dislike fishing - heimdall
Mage dislike magic - ogonbat

Member of Ignobili of Ft

Duke of dead clan FTFR
haha2u

Post by haha2u »

MadMikael wrote:I was just at the start map.

Get a life, seriously.
No, I don't get paid.
As we all know GMs are not perfect and some of them wouldn't hesitate to jail someone for not responding in that amount of time :lol: sounds to me like he was just keeping you honest you have no fear if you did nothing wrong right?
💜Sissy💜Forever In Our Hearts💜

haha2u (Archer 5058)
Manticore (Ogre 814)
Myers304 (Archer 516)
di4b10 (Mage 550)
BLUNT_AXE (Dwarf 146)
Spartakus (Swordsman 211)
toosh

Post by toosh »

I will start by saying that imo you are the best moderator since Insider left and I appreciate your work. On the other hand, remember that you become moderator of your own will. In FT, there are different people from different parts of the world. Adults, youth, children. You cant require ideal behavior from children or young people. Especially children who learning all the time. If its necessarily to explain at least 1000 times how they should behave u should do that or dont log to the game if u have bad mod. You are blaming others, but maybe you have bad organization of work? Moderator should be an example in every aspect especially if he requires some behavior from the players. Teach, educate and translate. Your post shows that you have lost patience, so maybe it's time to leave? Or take break and rest? The game world will not end, everyone can be replaced. Its rough but true.
At the end my appeal to all GM: remember that you are here for the players, not the players for you. Thanks for your hard work!

Regards, toosh
toosh arch, lv 1000
Arashiko

Post by Arashiko »

toosh wrote: You are blaming others, but maybe you have bad organization of work?
Actually, we have a small GM team compared to the number of players. The workload is not small, and certain players seem to want to test GM patience with repeated trivial requests and deliberate baiting of GM.
toosh wrote:Moderator should be an example in every aspect especially if he requires some behavior from the players. Teach, educate and translate.
I agree that GM should set an example, and they do. I'm a retired teacher. Educating people requires cooperation from the students. A significant number of teachers quit the profession every year because of the high workloads, small workforce, and unruly students whose behaviour isn't helped by inattentive parents.
toosh wrote: The game world will not end, everyone can be replaced. Its rough but true.
Interesting. Would you rather have no moderators at all? All moderators volunteer to do their job, to make the game better. This requires patience and the support of others in the game, not just the support of other GM in the team

toosh wrote:At the end my appeal to all GM: remember that you are here for the players, not the players for you.
Which leads me to my last point. There are experienced players such as yourself who could do your part to help the GM by advising other players to keep to the rules (and to read the rules!!), and showing them how to do things and how to make the game enjoyable, just as seniors do with younger people IRL. This is a community. Just as in any IRL community, all have a part to play in making it work.
toosh wrote: Thanks for your hard work!

Regards, toosh
Appreciated! :D
Arashiko Senior GM (RETIRED )
Now playing again as Arozel.