Write your FT story

As the description says!

Moderator: Game Administrators

LostKnight

Re: Write your FT story

Post by LostKnight »

More Gull, more. Wish I could write a tale like that ....
I was always AFK!
I was LK, A Friendly Knight.
hungry_wolf

Post by hungry_wolf »

I m preparing next, anyway :)
Sword dislike sieging - hungrywolf
Dwarf dislike mining - tarvos
Archer dislike crafting - matcauthon
Ogre dislike fishing - heimdall
Mage dislike magic - ogonbat

Member of Ignobili of Ft

Duke of dead clan FTFR
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

LostKnight wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:58 pm More Gull, more. Wish I could write a tale like that ....
Yes! My story would just be about me waking up in the forest without pants and taking a few months to find my way home to Ardesia...
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

SellSword wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:00 am Yes! My story would just be about me waking up in the forest without pants and taking a few months to find my way home to Ardesia...
Mine would be about as easy.

Became conscious to the sound of someone hacking away at a tree, wolves growling in the distance, wearing nothing but a a loin cloth and a short swords in hand. Talking to the guy chopping a tree I find out he didn't know me.
So here I am, lost and, looking at the sword, probably a knight, certainly not an archer or mage. Who are you lost knight?

Looking around I see another man with no pants, blade in hand, wandering off into the woods. Looks like he's trying to sell his sword, poor guy must be hungry.
I was always AFK!
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

LostKnight wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:29 am Looking around I see another man with no pants, blade in hand, wandering off into the woods. Looks like he's trying to sell his sword, poor guy must be hungry.
Alright, LK and I finished already! :lol:

(Really, any skill I have writing is for a different style...)
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

You, me and 'blondy' have come a long way.

Missed her in a loin cloth and halter top. :lol:
I was always AFK!
hungry_wolf

Post by hungry_wolf »

LostKnight wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:29 am
SellSword wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:00 am Yes! My story would just be about me waking up in the forest without pants and taking a few months to find my way home to Ardesia...
Mine would be about as easy.

Became conscious to the sound of someone hacking away at a tree, wolves growling in the distance, wearing nothing but a a loin cloth and a short swords in hand. Talking to the guy chopping a tree I find out he didn't know me.
So here I am, lost and, looking at the sword, probably a knight, certainly not an archer or mage. Who are you lost knight?

Looking around I see another man with no pants, blade in hand, wandering off into the woods. Looks like he's trying to sell his sword, poor guy must be hungry.
I like your style, short and full of meaning.
Btw the poor guy is a scammer :lol:

Member of Ignobili of Ft

Duke of dead clan FTFR
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

Nooooooooooo...
... the poor guy that was hungry bacame SellSword.

He was hungry from fighting off the hungry_wolves :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by LostKnight on Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I was always AFK!
hungry_wolf

Post by hungry_wolf »

LostKnight wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:25 pm Nooooooooooo...
... the poor guy that was hungry bacame SellSword.

He was hungry from fighting of the hungry_wolves :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Member of Ignobili of Ft

Duke of dead clan FTFR
Gullander

Post by Gullander »

The End of the Beginning

Now, it must be divulged from this point that very early on in my arrival in the realm of FT I was directed by a certain forester to make haste to see a mage named Ascanius who would tell me many things. This forester seemed to know about me details that only the Gods could have told him. So I went trusting Ascanius would make sense out of this new realm for me and why this particular place was chosen for my exile.

Let me relate what I learned from the lips of Ascanius. In the beginning the Gods were divided into two groups which we might say are good and evil or light and darkness. Although they have realms of their own they often seek to infiltrate and affect realms which lie in a more neutral state containing both elements in order to sway that realm in their favor. In these realms there is a constant war raging part of a cosmic battle between the Gods of Light and the Gods of Darkness. FT is such a realm. Each side has their agents at work here and now the darkness has resurfaced with such malignity that the realm is in great peril. I asked what that means to me? Why should it trouble me? I have left the disfavor of one God only to be placed in a world where evil seeks to consume me as well! Undeterred by my complaint he continued.

In this land the evil Goddess Li-Nir Muen had infiltrated the very fiber of this realm filling it with her unholy monks, her acolytes of darkness, her enchanted agents of death. Enchanted yes that is what Ascanius re-iterated! It seemed she had a nearly irresistible power when it came to men. They worshiped her and adored her with a deadly unwavering devotion. Her very glance could be a command. Ascanius paused noticing I was visibly shaken by this description. I could now understand whom Odin had in mind and the terrible memory I unleashed by my own manipulative path. He continued telling of the monsters also plaguing the land who sought the destruction of all. I began to get a glimmer of what lay ahead for me my penance was to seek in this realm to undo what I had done in my own! The Gods are tricky…in essence even my failure became a mission used by the Gods. They have foresight and see how lives may fit into their plans. Ascanius agreed with me saying that all those called to FT were also on a mission that they too had a part to play in the unfolding battle. Some came from realms of light others darkness and what they did or didn’t do would have a direct effect on the realm. It seems the Gods do not trouble themselves with these neutral realms personally but like generals watch and order things about from their lofty thrones. But in doing so they become subject to the whims of the agents they bring who often choose poorly or in the end change sides.

I asked though I suspected why Ascanius knew so much. He was one of those specific servants of Odin he had placed here to see this battle through to the end. Then I learned of a high priest arisen in FT that was if anyone ever was an incarnation of the Goddess herself. Such was his hatred and determination to bring FT to total chaos. Sadly I learned that he had once been a pupil of Ascanius but had delved into that which was forbidden and became possessed by the will of the Goddess. The final chapter is yet ahead and the battle rising in intensity. I wondered how it could possibly end well. Ascanius had a sort of glint in his eye and a small beginning of what appeared to be a smile. I asked him if he still held hope? He related this history. It seems another high priest arose before in older days as evil as this present day incarnation and was defeated. How I asked? (Although I knew my exile was just I longed to know how I might return to my former estate.)He revealed that it was by a gift given by one of the Gods of Light! It had dispatched the evil high priest and would defeat this one as well! Impatiently I asked and what is it? His brow raised and his eyes searched my face both informing and commanding as he replied “it is the Silver Sword forged by Odin himself! When it appears then this realm will again be cleansed and light will shine here like the ages before the Goddess poisoned the land with her evil.” How I asked will I get this sword? Is it my destiny then to defeat this evil high priest? Will this rend open the distance between realms and restore me to Gladsheim*? He stood silent and unmoved by my questions. That is the way with these Gods they give you enough to both instruct and scare you but then leave you to stumble along on fulfilling your part in their affairs. That is how my story began and is only one story among the many from those who come to this realm whose destiny too lies ahead waiting to be written.

*a few explanatory notes

Gladsheim- Gladsheim meaning “bright home” or as some take it to mean “place of joy” was the golden palace of Odin. Here council was held and it contained the great hall of Valhalla. To be a constant participant in its splendor was indeed a joyous position to have.

Freya- One must understand there is a difference between Freya and being a freya. Freya was the Goddess of Love and Beauty who was both an awesome warrior and also endued with wisdom and magical abilities. A freya either by birth or choice was also known for her beauty and underwent rigorous training as a warrior. It is said often the beauty of a freya would distract an enemy until of course her first swing of an axe! Gullander was such a freya.
Retired