The Trials and Tribulations of LostKnight

As the description says!

Moderator: Game Administrators

LostKnight

Re: The Trials and Tribulations of LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

Ahhh yes the old deleted PM trick. I was wondering what that was now I know. That was quite the night for you. I was surprised to see you up as late as you were. Oh course I will deny everything!
Hogan wrote:Oh Mrs SellSword, do you know what your hubby did while you were away?
Sgt Schults wrote:Ohhh I see nothing, I was not here, I did not even get up this morning!
And you are right, there is something different about my GOLGREN Boot of Mass Destruction that I can not reproduce.

BTW: the Tavern Glove Shop buys the gloves for 2m less than the Witch's Sister's Shop. Just saying ya know.
I am always AFK!
I am LK, A Friendly Knight.
SellSword

Re: Newbie Gamer Intro.

Post by SellSword »

SellSword wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 8:29 pm I was ecstatic when I hit level 100. I know, someone who buys levels or plays for 15 hours a day is laughing, but no matter to me. Hitting 250 felt like a major milestone, and now I'm creeping up on the big 300. Surprising myself as I keep going!
I was searching for something and read a post several pages before this one, but I guess I just kept reading! Funny that was 100+ levels ago already. Not too bad as I play a bit here and there, and often not for super long sessions at that! :D
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

Yea, just saw you in game --- 400 is a nice number. :D
I am always AFK!
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

Well, the LK Mining Song has grown ... I find I'm humming it in my head as I play but with different versions depending on what I am doing ... but the original LK Miningr Song always creeps in there as well, see my sig.

But as I do different things in FTlandia I hum or sing mentally different themes of the same song ...

LK's Grinding Song

Code: Select all

Hi Ho! Hi Ho!
     It's off to grind I go.
I'll slice and dice until they're dead
             Hi Ho!
          Hi Ho! Hi Ho!
             HI HO!
LK's Questing Song

Hi Ho! Hi Ho!
     It's off to quest I go.
I'll find my fame in multiple ways
             Hi Ho!
          Hi Ho! Hi Ho!
             HI HO!
and last but not least ... LK's Tanking Song

Hi Ho! Hi Ho!
      It's off to tank I go.
My friend needs help, I'll take the heat
             Hi Ho!
          Hi Ho! Hi Ho!
             HI HO!
So there we go. As some may have noticed there have been long periods of LK not being seen. And of course Real Life plays a huge role in that, as well as levelling up some alts. Lost a few "lost in cave" and Princess pets with lvl5 alts dure to people dragging a swarm of bees or bandits into them. Sooooooo up to 40 they go to get a Pet Troll and a dog. Thankfully I have not lost any gear or items.

=== Now For a Question / Doubt ===

Was grinding in the top right room in the basement of the castle (Map -1.-1) when two people came along and parked their pets on the red dots with them the green dots, while I was healing, effectively killing the chance of my grinding as they got everything before it made it into the room where I was, when I started the spawn. The blue monsters spawn from the blue dot. All I got from one of them was a "LOL". I left, went back and started a grind a few minutes later, maybe 10, they were gone.
→ This screenshot taken when I went back.: Show
_20180717_134146.JPG
Got a couple of spawns going and one came back, I got a couple of screenshots of him setting up between the wall and wood barrier again, so I know who he is now. I left yet again. :(

My question: Is this contrary to Rule 9?
Rule 9.
Reducing game-playing experience of others!

If you abuse the sell button, if you send tons of messages to others, abuse the chat in any way (including spamming), if you block bridges/entrances by placing characters or pets in front, if you block spawn or do anything else to annoy other players, you will get punished. This includes spawn-killing, camping and abusing safe zones like shops and private houses. This rule also includes spam selling - selling items for any amount to a player without first asking or agreeing on a trade, especially if the requested price is very high.

If blocking, camping, and possibly other actions are performed in a tactical way for a short time and within a clan fight context, they might be allowed.

The staff team will first warn you and add you to an internal warning list. Then, you get kicked for a certain time or become an outlaw, so everybody can attack you. If a player is caught doing this (purposely or accidentally, either at the time or afterwards through checking game logs) they may have pets, gold, or even XP removed as a penalty for reducing the game enjoyment of others.

If you face a player, who breaks the rules - do not feed the troll. If someone acts in an inappropriate manner, leave the situation and contact our staff team. We will take care of it!
I am always AFK!
Leone

Post by Leone »

It is annoying but unfortunately does happen as we all know. I think the next two paragraphs from your quote are important as well:

It can be allowed in certain circumstances (e.g. clan war)

It needs to be reported so offending players are added to a GM watch list. ✔

I've ticked what i suggest you do. Perhaps as a one-off offense, GMs give the benefit of the doubt. Repeat offenders are those who are punished BUT - of course- GMs can only act when they have proof.
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

@ Leone

Not clan war ... grinding in Castle. AND he reported another player for doing the same thing this morning (a friend of mine) that he did to me. That friend is now grinding with me in another room.
Last edited by LostKnight on Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am always AFK!
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

I'm personally not a fan of Rule 9 as it is written. It is a vague rule, and a literal reading of the language seemingly places the determination in the hands of the one reporting a violation. LK sounds like his game-playing experience was reduced, so ipso facto it is a rule violation?

With the internal watch list and discretionary language regarding punishments it may (hey, I can leave wiggle room too! ;) ) come down to a cumulative impact of "reducing" before something is actually done though. Or if one is caught red handed, so to speak.

I think that intent would play a role as well, or lead to a greater likelihood of penalty, though not required.

Really though, if they were purposefully being little [you know, what's in my picture above] with the intent to annoy you I'd say yes to a violation. I guess they could be reported, and eventually things might catch up with them.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
Khmer

Post by Khmer »

LostKnight wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:22 pm Well, the LK Mining Song has grown ... I find I'm humming it in my head as I play but with different versions depending on what I am doing ... but the original LK Miningr Song always creeps in there as well, see my sig.

But as I do different things in FTlandia I hum or sing mentally different themes of the same song ...

LK's Grinding Song

Hi Ho! Hi Ho!
     It's off to grind I go.
I'll slice and dice until they're dead
             Hi Ho!
          Hi Ho! Hi Ho!
             HI HO!
LK's Questing Song

Hi Ho! Hi Ho!
     It's off to quest I go.
I'll find my fame in multiple ways
             Hi Ho!
          Hi Ho! Hi Ho!
             HI HO!
and last but not least ... LK's Tanking Song

Hi Ho! Hi Ho!
      It's off to tank I go.
My friend needs help, I'll take the heat
             Hi Ho!
          Hi Ho! Hi Ho!
             HI HO!
So there we go. As some may have noticed there have been long periods of LK not being seen. And of course Real Life plays a huge role in that, as well as levelling up some alts. Lost a few "lost in cave" and Princess pets with lvl5 alts dure to people dragging a swarm of bees or bandits into them. Sooooooo up to 40 they go to get a Pet Troll and a dog. Thankfully I have not lost any gear or items.

=== Now For a Question / Doubt ===

Was grinding in the top right room in the basement of the castle (Map -1.-1) when two people came along and parked their pets on the red dots with them the green dots, while I was healing, effectively killing the chance of my grinding as they got everything before it made it into the room where I was, when I started the spawn. The blue monsters spawn from the blue dot. All I got from one of them was a "LOL". I left, went back and started a grind a few minutes later, maybe 10, they were gone.
→ This screenshot taken when I went back.: Show
_20180717_134146.JPG
Got a couple of spawns going and one came back, I got a couple of screenshots of him setting up between the wall and wood barrier again, so I know who he is now. I left yet again. :(

My question: Is this contrary to Rule 9?
Rule 9.
Reducing game-playing experience of others!

If you abuse the sell button, if you send tons of messages to others, abuse the chat in any way (including spamming), if you block bridges/entrances by placing characters or pets in front, if you block spawn or do anything else to annoy other players, you will get punished. This includes spawn-killing, camping and abusing safe zones like shops and private houses. This rule also includes spam selling - selling items for any amount to a player without first asking or agreeing on a trade, especially if the requested price is very high.

If blocking, camping, and possibly other actions are performed in a tactical way for a short time and within a clan fight context, they might be allowed.

The staff team will first warn you and add you to an internal warning list. Then, you get kicked for a certain time or become an outlaw, so everybody can attack you. If a player is caught doing this (purposely or accidentally, either at the time or afterwards through checking game logs) they may have pets, gold, or even XP removed as a penalty for reducing the game enjoyment of others.

If you face a player, who breaks the rules - do not feed the troll. If someone acts in an inappropriate manner, leave the situation and contact our staff team. We will take care of it!
Attachments
adversity.jpg
adversity.jpg (57.2 KiB) Viewed 3389 times
madmaniacal1

Post by madmaniacal1 »

Nicely put, Khmer.
@LK I think the scenario you described (them returning to intentionally and repeatedly take spawn) might qualify as camping, under rule 9. However, a GM would have to determine that for certain.
Many players know you do not engage in pvp, making you an easy target for trolls. Players like that have caused many "peaceful" players to forgo their "peace".
As I said in the past, the Path you have chosen is perhaps the hardest one to walk in such an environment. The choice to continue it is yours to make. I once tried to walk a similar path. Strayed from it and found myself at the bottom of the cliff I never noticed.
Omnes Autem Uri
Khmer

Post by Khmer »

madmaniacal1 wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:45 pm Nicely put, Khmer.
@LK I think the scenario you described (them returning to intentionally and repeatedly take spawn) might qualify as camping, under rule 9. However, a GM would have to determine that for certain.
Many players know you do not engage in pvp, making you an easy target for trolls. Players like that have caused many "peaceful" players to forgo their "peace".
As I said in the past, the Path you have chosen is perhaps the hardest one to walk in such an environment. The choice to continue it is yours to make. I once tried to walk a similar path. Strayed from it and found myself at the bottom of the cliff I never noticed.
I had to :lol: ... Mad it's so true, unfortunately most don't realize it until they're at the bottom of the cliff and I don't believe this lesson can be taught, some just keep falling :geek: