The Trials and Tribulations of LostKnight

As the description says!

Moderator: Game Administrators

LostKnight

Re: The Trials and Tribulations of LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

cello117 wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:30 am Hello lost, I see you have a long emotional involvement with these two rocks 😁 then what your pick level my friend 😄
RHN is my original house and the one I call "home". It was a choice made after a discussion with a well respected friend. I am very honoured to own that specific rock home for reasons I shall not divulge here, but enough to say RHN has 'heart' in it. RHS is my working house and is an identical twin to RHN except for its surroundings so I heel "at home" in either.
SellSword wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:25 am Pretty sure his mining skill is level 4, maybe 5. ;)

:lol:
And you would be right too, because it cover those levels and then some, even if added together.

My level is less than half as high as I should like it to be, and probably twice as high as it would be if I didn't like crafting, in which case I would have picked some non-affinity related place to call home.

So today my mining level is at 11, which I find quite respectable for a Knight of the Reilm .
I am always AFK!
I am LK, A Friendly Knight.
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

OK, I have to clear something up once and for all. Recently I had a green text conversation with a friend in game that contained these words:

Code: Select all

... since you are a game Admin ...
It is not the first time people in the game have told me they thought I was a "GM" or "Admin"

Let it be known:
I am NOT an FT Admin.
I am NOT an FT GM.

I am just a normal player subject to the Game Rules and Forums Rules like all the other thousands that come to play the game. Oh and just so you know, the Admins and GM's are also subject to those rules as well as their own set of rules. If you wish to become a GameMaster [GM], a prerequisite to applying, is reading the GM set of rules.

Now with all that said: the only thing special about LostKnight: he is my character. And in my eye, that's Special!

Lately I have been mining, crafting, grinding and killing pets ... my own. :oops:
That is, when his ALTer ego, some dude in the dream state of RL, has to do something and "takes over" leaving LK pixelless.
I am always AFK!
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

Hopefully that "... since you are a game Admin ..." was not followed by "... can you [do something against the rules] for me?" Cue up the awkward silence there!

I received a PM once from someone who thought I was a GM. Google provided a translation that was... I'll say "colorful" and "zealous." The real GM/admin I forwarded it to certainly did not deserve to be dealing with that.

I'm with you on some fairly quiet FT time of late. I was all excited to hit 600, saw some quests needing things I don't have, and then figured it was a good time to get some mining and crafting completed. I worked on a few 500 axes so I'm not completely broke and replenished a stockpile of mith tools but not much in the way of excitement.

In RL I'm still grappling with some time anomalies. One kid says she just turned 7 and the calendar appears to support that claim, but I'm pretty sure she should only be about 3 at the most. Then the oldest talks about being 10 soon and I'm positive that's double her age! Strange things indeed... I would investigate further, but there is to be cake tomorrow!!
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
Leone

Post by Leone »

I'd take it as a compliment if someone has approached you in GM capacity.

It's always good to stockpile the gold. Those actual GMs devise quests that clear the bank quickly:)

I
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

SellSword wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:50 pm Hopefully that "... since you are a game Admin ..." was not followed by "... can you [do something against the rules] for me?" Cue up the awkward silence there!
Thank goodness it didn't come to that. There would have been no awkward silence on my part they would have known my stance and I'd still be sleeping with a clear conscience. Oh and I answered his question, as a player, not an Admin. Because the answer is right here in the forums. Nuff said and we are still friends.
I received a PM once from someone who thought I was a GM. Google provided a translation that was... I'll say "colorful" and "zealous." The real GM/admin I forwarded it to certainly did not deserve to be dealing with that.
Hopefully the NEW GM Inbox will put stuff like this to an end too. IMHO GM's are over taxed, underpaid and ill appreciated! Yes yes, I know, GM's are volunteers and no "pay" involved, so take it as the "idea". :D

However I know a lot of people on the forums that "do" appreciate all they do for us and the game.
Like I, me and myself for three. :mrgreen:
I'm with you on some fairly quiet FT time of late. I was all excited to hit 600, saw some quests needing things I don't have, and then figured it was a good time to get some mining and crafting completed. I worked on a few 500 axes so I'm not completely broke and replenished a stockpile of mith tools but not much in the way of excitement.
Yea, quests are fun but getting costly. If you need help with something just ask. I'm feeling guilty with all the coffee I'm stealing from you. :D
In RL I'm still grappling with some time anomalies. One kid says she just turned 7 and the calendar appears to support that claim, but I'm pretty sure she should only be about 3 at the most. Then the oldest talks about being 10 soon and I'm positive that's double her age! Strange things indeed... I would investigate further, but there is to be cake tomorrow!!
Isn't it wonderful how kids grow up faster then you. For you only six years have past which makes them 3 and 6.
Say WHAT! 7 ... and 10! Impossible {sigh}
it's a daddy moment! Enjoy it!
I am always AFK!
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

Leone wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:40 am I'd take it as a compliment if someone has approached you in GM capacity.

It's always good to stockpile the gold. Those actual GMs devise quests that clear the bank quickly:)

I
Never looked at it that way. But yes, I guess there is that aspect. ;)

OK so I am a GM, Good Me, with a HUGE duffel bag for a coin purse that's "always", :roll: ,empty.
Just empty your coin purse into it as you walk by. :D
I am always AFK!
cello117

Post by cello117 »

if you is gm LK make me a super platinum Rod+4 :lol: :P
Cello 2,4k

MarBow

KoT
MadMikael

Post by MadMikael »

I'm seeing a common misconception here.
GMs don't normally make content - anyone can; yes blitzcraig was a GM when he made some content, but a lot of it was after he was retired. DaHobbit made some content too - but much of the content has come from ordinary players. Many of the recent updates were made by kromelg, and the tutorial was made by Kulgan.

As for "creating items" or "creating skins" with GM powers, GM are limited to only things already in the game. That means it was already designed by someone, and compbatant added it, giving it an ID number. A GM cannot make you a +4 tool or 5k armor any more than you can - and most of us are too busy with doing other stuff to work on that kind of thing.

If you want that sort of stuff bad enough, make it yourself. Or ask in the Development or Suggestions forum if anyone is willing to do it.
RETIRED [GM] - Game Master

Please contact GM Inbox for help if you need it.

⬇️ GM Inbox contact link ⬇️
ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=9711
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

Good point Mad, thank you for adding it. I will probably reference it a few times in the future.

More later... busy day ahead.
I am always AFK!
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

There is a disease in FTlandia, and I have it. I wonder how many other have it.

It's called the "no sooner" disease.

And it has been hitting me hard for the past little while. I need a remedy.

For example I woke before the cock crowed this morning and no sooner did I pick up my pickaxe and backpack and head for the door when I hear "Breakfast!".

Great, food is good right! OK, breakfast is over and done with. I kiss Mrs LK goodbye as I head out the door for the mine, backpack on, pickaxe over my shoulder. I no sooner drop my backpack and start swinging my pickaxe at the chunk of carbon when a carrier pigeon arrives. Note on his leg reads: "Coffee!" I grab my backpack and swing my pickaxe over my shoulder and head back to Rockheim North.

Make a coffee for both of us. Coffee done, and I no sooner pickup my backpack and reach for my pickaxe when I hear, "You have to go to the apothecary!"

Now this disease is beginning to get to me, but Mrs LK is right, I do have to go to the apothecary. So off I go and stand at the back of the long line. Sign over the counter reads:

Code: Select all

Hurry Up and Wait!
Well, they got that right!

Then when my turn comes, I explain what we need, and wait again. Finally he has mixed the proper ingredients, made his measures, packaged them up and I'm on my way back to Rockheim North.

No sooner do I step in the door and I hear "Yea, coffee time!" {sigh} another coffee and I swear, there will be no more no sooner's today!

:? Who am I kidding! :roll: There will always be "no sooner's"

Anyone else caught this disease? It's been a pain in my side for about two weeks now. Today the apothecary said he has never heard of it so obviously he has no cure.

Last edited by LostKnight on Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am always AFK!