The Trials and Tribulations of LostKnight

As the description says!

Moderator: Game Administrators

ardesia

Re: Newbie Gamer Intro.

Post by ardesia »

LostKnight wrote:Everyone seems to be (pushing - no, wrong word) pointing me to the online game.
That's because we like it so much!
I'm glad you decided visiting the online game, and of course no need to hurry :)

It read in the forums about trading and it's an "At Your Own Risk" thing.

Yes, but since the purchases system has been renewed it is possible to trade purchased items inside the game, which is incredibly better and definetly safer!

OK, some questions: Since I have never entered/entertained or played any MMO game ... so here goes:

1. I go, and play for a while, then shut down the game (and wifi) to go eat/sleep.
- - What happens to my "LostKnight"?
- - Is he still seen by others? and
- - can he be killed?

2. Say the MMO game is not for me (the controls are awkward for me - this I already know)
- - Can I 'retire' LostKnight from the game?
When you log out, your character remains in game for 11 seconds is he is being attacked, or for a smaller time otherwise, let's say two or three seconds. Then, the avatar simply vanishes, and so cannot be seen nor killed while you are offline.
As per the second question, accounts are very rarely deleted from server, asfar as I know of. You can simply not login and the account remains dormient
[GM] ardesia :: Game Admin :: Currently retired
If you need contacting me, write my vasinta forum account a message
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

Ryaca wrote:Best post I have read in a long time. I would be interested to know some of the earlier rpg's that you have played that shaped you into the gamer that you are today.
The thing is I am not a gamer by nature. But back in the C64 days of the 80's, Unknown Realm, Traveler, and Sword of (something .... can't remember) comes to mind. In my early Win 1.1 days to 3.11 there were more but once I switched to Linux ... nothing! Until I got the tablet. I have loaded and erased more games from this thing than Carter's has Liver Pills.

On the old PlayStation II my wife and I got into the Final Fantasy games ... nice but ... something wasn't right. But MY favourite became "Dragon Quest VIII" <--- search for that - Wikipedia has a nice write up. We wanted FF XII but the guy didn't have it so he gave me DQ VIII to try over the weekend as he had more FF XII coming in Monday. Needless to say Monday came and I bought 2 games.

My wife said DQ VIII was for kids but I felt right at home with it, and wore out 3 CD's playing it. The 'crafting' really got me, one had to "work" to get some elements to add to the alchemy pot and then make a few things to add together in the pot as well. When I told the guy in the store I had over 250 hours on the game and still going he thought I was nuts, "I finished it in less than (some double digit number) hours."

Ahhh but did you get the XXX Ring?
No, what's that, where did you find that?
"Play again" :D

Now this game, Forgotten Tales, represents my comeback to RPG enjoyment - for me there is a nostalgic feeling to it.
If tried other RPG's in the Play Store - for one reason or another they don't last.

LostKnight's Believe It or Not - I find FT Offline relaxing!
I was always AFK!
I was LK, A Friendly Knight.
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

@ ardesia

Well, if I don't purchase items, I doubt I will have anything of value to trade.

And - I'll make a note never to leave if I'm being attacked, would not do to come back after supper or something to see a skull! UPA!
I understand about not deleting accounts so "becomes dormant" sounds good, at least that way no one else can take on the name.

Thank you ... Remember: By the end of this September.
I was always AFK!
blitzcraig

Post by blitzcraig »

nice to see you talking about mmorpg - it is definitely a lot of fun.. most your questions were answered i think, but i did want to clarify something - trading an item for gold is perfectly safe - trading an item for am item is not, since it cannot be done simultaneously - best to find a mutually trusted friend to assist... or a GM may help with this also, depending on workload. - trading accounts (characters) is a terrible, horrible idea, plus it is against the rules... not sure which you meant there, so thought I'd try to help ;)

oh, and about the account auto-deleting.. this only happens to very low level accounts (<5 if i remember right) and only after a fair amount of time without logging in

(I'm sending 1 more suggestion via pm, please let me know if you get it)
Beeware the Spiral Blitzbees...
⬜ 💣 🌏
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

@ blitzcraig

PM seen and responded to - Thank you. Good plan!

Had no thought on trading characters - must read more on the "MMOG Rules"
Thanks for the additional info.

- already had a post nipped for including an outside link. :(
Good thing for Textarea cache plugin - saved my bacon yet again.
One thing I don't want to be is a pain in the Admin's ... ummmm ... 'thumb' - like as in a sliver under his nail. :)
I was always AFK!
Arashiko

Post by Arashiko »

LostKnight wrote:@ ardesia

Everyone seems to be (pushing - no, wrong word) pointing me to the online game. So since I believe, "Contempt prior to investigation is wrong." I will give it a try - soon(ish). I have other things on my plate at the moment.

However, it will be in September, and yes this year, and I will post an update here. It read in the forums about trading and it's an "At Your Own Risk" thing.
The trading system has been revamped.
Items such as skins and levels purchase (for real money ) by players become items in their backpack which they can activate for themselves or trade to other players for in game gold by the game's inbuilt safe transaction
system.

But hey, it's a game, not like I'm trading my TV or Tablet or computer (who'd want it jajajajaja) and get your hands off my pizza and coke! :D

OK, some questions: Since I have never entered/entertained or played any MMO game ... so here goes:

1. I go, and play for a while, then shut down the game (and wifi) to go eat/sleep.
- - What happens to my "LostKnight"?
- - Is he still seen by others? and
- - can he be killed?

If you log out, your character is no longer visible and cannot be attacked. The character is only visible if the game is running with the phone connected to the game server.

2. Say the MMO game is not for me (the controls are awkward for me - this I already know)
- - Can I 'retire' LostKnight from the game?
The controls are the same as the RPG,
with the benefit of using either ot both onscreen joystick or tap to move.
LostKnight in the MMORPG would be a separate character from LostKnight in the RPG. The two would be in no way connected. You could simply stop playing LostKnight on the MMORPG and your character (if level 5+) would remain on the server (but be offline/invisible)

Thank you kindly for the info regarding the "pointers" (white and red), BTW, the 'red' one shows up for single enemies as well.
I too, was getting the idea that the 'red' one meant "attack this 'enemy' first or concentrate on this one. Just a gut feeling.
Arashiko Senior GM (RETIRED )
Now playing again as Arozel.

LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

@ Arashiko

Thank you for the additional info. I have joined the MMOG and managed to fight off the wolves - a lot more than in the offline game. Got some help from others so when I gain some health I helped others for a bit, then mad my way to the "Store" Will wait there until I get more time and read up on rules etc.

And yes, I see it's "tap and move" too! Good stuff.
Thank you,
I was always AFK!
Ryaca

Post by Ryaca »

Ah yes the dragonquest/dragonwarrior series. I just recently completed the original dragonquest/dragonwarrior's first game released on the nintendo entertainment system using a rom and emulator. Love that I can play the really old games again and even some that I was never able to play when I was younger. I remember playing the commodore 64 back when I was 7 years old. That's right when I got my Atari 2600 or 5200, can't remember which version it was. Ah.....sweet nostalgia.
BOO!:ghost:
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

@ Ryaca

If you can find QD VIII I guarantee you'll have a few hundred hours of fun discovering things - if you do it right

{just erased a huge spoiler alert} :D
I was always AFK!
blitzcraig

Post by blitzcraig »

oh man - moon patrol on the commodore 64 and pitfall on the atari 2600... good times :)

had an apple II+ when I was 5 (we were way ahead of most people on that 1 thing because my dad needed it for work or some such thing) ... space invaders was like being in the future lol
Beeware the Spiral Blitzbees...
⬜ 💣 🌏