The Trials and Tribulations of LostKnight

As the description says!

Moderator: Game Administrators

LostKnight

Re: Newbie Gamer Intro.

Post by LostKnight »

Humble_M wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:10 pm @LostKnight - if you like ghost archers, wait till you get fairies (L380 required)
OH YEA! I know! I know! ... I bypassed "The Girls" ... (Huntress) and I have surpassed my "DreamLine" (in blue).

Now before you go opening the spoiler, there is something you need to know.

When I was a LOT younger; I joined the Royal Canadian Air Force, now open it:
My Fantasy Dream: Show
DreamList.png
I am always AFK!
I am LK, A Friendly Knight.
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

SellSword wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:12 am I'd joke about you living under a rock (lovely and very distinguished crags on the southern facing side, so your upkeep on the place has not gone unnoticed), but you hear about things more quickly than me, so nevermind!

Still, I would love to invite you in to my city folk house to sit down next to the fireplace, but have so far only managed to find a way to get my pets inside...
Ahhhh but The Rock has 6 levels below ground with an elevator. First level underground has 2 rooms, the forge in a small one where I do my work and a comfortable loft type room as living quarters for myself, MrsLK and The Spooks. The next 5 levels down have 20 small rooms on each level for storage.

I can't tell you about the security measures we've taken because ... well you figure it out. The Rock has survived hurricanes, tornadoes, blizzards and floods. We're happy with it, we have some great neighbours and free honey!
I am always AFK!
MadMikael

Post by MadMikael »

LostKnight wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:06 am
SellSword wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:12 am I'd joke about you living under a rock (lovely and very distinguished crags on the southern facing side, so your upkeep on the place has not gone unnoticed), but you hear about things more quickly than me, so nevermind!

Still, I would love to invite you in to my city folk house to sit down next to the fireplace, but have so far only managed to find a way to get my pets inside...
Ahhhh but The Rock has 6 levels below ground with an elevator. First level underground has 2 rooms, the forge in a small one where I do my work and a comfortable loft type room as living quarters for myself, MrsLK and The Spooks. The next 5 levels down have 20 small rooms on each level for storage.

I can't tell you about the security measures we've taken because ... well you figure it out. The Rock has survived hurricanes, tornadoes, blizzards and floods. We're happy with it, we have some great neighbours and free honey!
Thanks for taking the convo out of the official thread ;)

Yes, you have a great Rock for a house... I couldn't have chosen a better rock myself ;)

As for neighbours, you also have one a short walk away who has a nice quiet fishing spot too...
I let some fish there in exchange for that same honey you enjoy ;)

If you're wondering how I keep my items, pets, and crafting areas underwater, well, don't forget - I'm a mage, and not all magic has a button to press to activate it ;)

EDIT: that invitation of fishing I extend to any who read this thread :D
RETIRED [GM] - Game Master

Please contact GM Inbox for help if you need it.

⬇️ GM Inbox contact link ⬇️
ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=9711
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

You're welcome, one comment OT isn't bad but an OT conversation isn't cool.

OH! I fish there on occasion, but I'll grab a few jars of BlitzHoney and wander up and we'll have a fishfest.
I am always AFK!
madmaniacal1

Post by madmaniacal1 »

LostKnight wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:29 am You're welcome, one comment OT isn't bad but an OT conversation isn't cool.

OH! I fish there on occasion, but I'll grab a few jars of BlitzHoney and wander up and we'll have a fishfest.
Roasted Rare Fish with a honey glaze...
Great... Now I'm hungry. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Omnes Autem Uri
NightBaby

Post by NightBaby »

I hate ungrateful players. I really do. I find some things really funny. Unless you have a label in their "friends list" you're nothing and they act as if you're treating them badly. That's not right. Have fun being 300+. Grats 👌 :| :roll:
Does life really get better?
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

@ NightBaby

A while back I thought I had deleted you from my friends list by mistake. I saw you at Map 0.0 and invited you again. You told me in open chat "I removed you from my FL, why are you inviting me again!" I PMed you, and you responded with something about "you saw something you didn't like." OK that's cool, you have that right.

Just now you green text me to come to the bank, as NightOgre, and then a third alt gives me a shield I already have, that alt is clanned with someone I don't want anything to do with, his last works to me were to call me a lier and he told me to "very unpolitely - leave", I'm sure you know the famous two words, but a friend of his had to tell me what he said because he's muted.

No I do not want anything from him of someone that is a part of his 'gang' thank you. It's not a matter of being ungrateful, it's just that I have the same right as you do. You didn't want anything to do with me and now the feeling is mutual.

I am very grateful to many people here and always will be.

You buddy up with someone that told me ... well lets say "leave" through another of his friends because he is muted, and
I am always AFK!
MadMikael

Post by MadMikael »

Ok, so now all the puzzle pieces are coming together for me.
I'm on friendly terms with everyone involved here... so I can figure it out I think.
I've heard half stories, and rumours, from all of you - and I don't think I got the whole story from any of you (likely due to my position).
But that's fine - there's drama here, and I don't like drama much.

I find it very sad that so many players that I think well of simply can't get along - but that's life, not everyone gets along.
As always, I have to try and stay neutral - so I will not choose sides.
I hope, at least, all of you will still remain friendly with me - I don't have so much liberty on who I can choose to talk to at all times (on my alt, I can ignore a bit, but only to a certain point).

Anyway, I hope you all will simply "agree to disagree" or whatever, if you can't patch things up, and try not to be overly rude or insulting to each other. This really is not a situation I'd like to see get any worse.

For all parties involved, I sincerely wish each and every one of you the best, and hope, that some middle ground somewhere can be reached.

Please don't be angry with me for the choice I'm taking here.

Now, if you wish to discuss this further between yourselves, I highly suggest taking it to private message, as we don't need to air this out I think... but it's your choice. Good luck, and I hope, we all enjoy the new quests... I've gained 21 levels so far... now time for some mithril mining I think ;)
RETIRED [GM] - Game Master

Please contact GM Inbox for help if you need it.

⬇️ GM Inbox contact link ⬇️
ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=9711
rearrow

Post by rearrow »

lol. so u did find urself michael?

your elusive to me, but i know lions can camouflage themselves well.

on the subject of friends and friend lists.
some of the in game enemies are friends.

some on the friendlist are enemies in game.
if i remove soneone from friendlist it usualy means i want to add an enemy or someone i want to check upon.
it can be realy healthy to see jaya comming lol.
(jaya, jonny is one player i got a soft spot for lol. yes hel kill me constantly but you know that he will. and in trades and stuff you could trust him i found. theres a kind of honor even in killers lol
)
only a few players i realy dont like, that are those who pretend to be friends and then betray you, or those who take pleasure in ratting people out trying to get them jailed whilebreaking rules themselves.a
NightBaby

Post by NightBaby »

LostKnight wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:28 am @ NightBaby

A while back I thought I had deleted you from my friends list by mistake. I saw you at Map 0.0 and invited you again. You told me in open chat "I removed you from my FL, why are you inviting me again!" I PMed you, and you responded with something about "you saw something you didn't like." OK that's cool, you have that right.

Just now you green text me to come to the bank, as NightOgre, and then a third alt gives me a shield I already have, that alt is clanned with someone I don't want anything to do with, his last works to me were to call me a lier and he told me to "very unpolitely - leave", I'm sure you know the famous two words, but a friend of his had to tell me what he said because he's muted.

No I do not want anything from him of someone that is a part of his 'gang' thank you. It's not a matter of being ungrateful, it's just that I have the same right as you do. You didn't want anything to do with me and now the feeling is mutual.
I originally was going to give you a 250+2 sword which I no longer needed. I couldn't find it so instead I gave you the shield and would give the sword later, I didn't want to have you walk to bank and waste time for nothing. I unfriended you because of my personal views and opinions on how I was raised and what I believe in. I joined [-RIP] to help my friend build, not to listen to what others say about my Duke, it's not my business. I gifted you something as a "Congrats you hit 300, that's a huge milestone!"
In any other case you seem to be thankful. I was hoping for a simple "thank you" or a "no thank you"
Instead, I received rude comments and you spam selling me the item back because you didn't want it. So my bad for trying to be nice, I can't say anything more than what I thought when I unfriended you, is exactly how things turned out. So, have fun. I also reached 300, my big milestone. I've played over a year and this is the highest I've gotten.
Does life really get better?