The Trials and Tribulations of LostKnight

As the description says!

Moderator: Game Administrators

LostKnight

Re: The Trials and Tribulations of LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

Been a week since writing. Some interesting things have happened in this week too! I have levelled a few of my alts, Resa and the guy from the cave have a tendency to die if a swarm of bees or bandits are dragged over while I am transferring something. A semi-transparent "trade-screen" would be nice. Anyway to continue, I now have a few at 40/1/2 so they have proper Shop Pets and can survive better near Rockheim.

But have had some interesting things happen, as seen earlier with the guy what attacked LK while he was tanking.

This from last night: <<<---- like that, but alas, LastKnight is taken.

I was grinding an ALT(27) and sure enough, from past experiences, in comes a Blade(40+) and starts creating a large spawn shoulder-to-sholder with me, then a friend of his shows up and they are having fun. Needless to say I am yellow in short order and had to run for an exit.

LK was not far away, one map in fact, with the DoubleD's so I logged him in on my "el cheapo" tablet and brought him to where ALT(27) had been, he's on my main tablet outside.

And there they were, fighting a large spawn where a minute ago there had been a dog and a troll parked. I went over and I see, as the DD's fried the spawn, text on my screen:
blade(40+) wrote:knight
nooooo
go away please
LK wrote: remember ALT's_Name(27)
who was right here?
as I moved ALT(27) back to where he had been.

Silence, probably green chatting, for 10-15 seconds, then they both made a beeline for the door. Didn't see them again.

Before I could log, I saw the Owner(84) of the shop pets dragging them back into place, so he had logged as they dragged the spawn to the pets (my though anyway). That did it, I parked LK there by his pets and powered down, tapping the power button would bring him right back protecting his pets and my alt. In the course of getting the 3 levels I wanted, I had to fire it up 3 times to protect my ALT that had swarms dragged to him and once to protect Owner(84)'s shop pets. Same guy all 3 times, a mage, that wanted to "use" me and Owner's pets as "tanks" while he used magic to vacuum them up. Got my alt to level 30 and left and went to Rockheim, need to get him level 30 gear today.

I should add that other than my alt and Owner(84) the place was empty when the two "blade(40+)'s" came in so they could have gone anywhere. IMHO, they did this on purpose. No I have no names nor screenshots, their names were foreign to me, not something in English, and I could not understand the white chat between them.

Then, last night as a last thing to do I was heading out to mine mith and I see my friend's alt fire up:
friend's alt wrote:knight tank for me
see Greatest day above.
LK wrote:YEA! Where are you?
and my night ended "tanking" for an alt of a friend that use to tank for me!

PERFECT ending for my day ....

ALSO: been crafting axes for gold to recover my "backup" pets that are gone and 150 plates for crafting EXP ... have a few more fum storied like above but, well, we have all been there, done that and seen it happen.

AND there will be a few days I won't be around this month, wife's birthday and our 15th anniversary this month. Well, I may be on on those days but for limited time only I suspect.
I was always AFK!
I was LK, A Friendly Knight.
Leone

Post by Leone »

Busy busy. Funny how the bullies shoot off quickly.

Congrats on the 15 years:)
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

Leone wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:18 pm Busy busy. Funny how the bullies shoot off quickly.
Well, not all. Another alt was grinding with blood mummies, nice spot could spawn two, I'm only there for three levels, was almost about to get my third level, and a Name-in-Black(161) shows up with two staff stans and park them a short distance away. I needed maybe 3 more kills, I was pausing to heal and he comes running over:
Name-in-Black(161) wrote:STOP blocking spawn.
My alt(37) wrote:Healing need to kill 3 or 4 more to level
Name-in-Black(161) wrote:STOP blocking spawn.

STOP blocking spawn.
Did a couple of 2-steps and killed 3 to get my level... he just stood there.

Sparkling green ... starts exploding and ...
My alt, now (38) wrote:OK, it's all yours.
... and I left.

20-25 minutes later I was at Rockheim; Alt(41) and the happy owner of two Shop Pets pets.

Now had I been between 158 and 164 -->> different ending. I would have logged and gone back an hour later.
Leone wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:18 pm Congrats on the 15 years:)
Thank you, I am amazed she put up with me this long. But don't tell her I said that.
I was always AFK!
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

Congrats on 15 years, definitely! May your anniversary be filled with great coffee and perhaps sharing a mate as well! :)

Good month for anniversaries this month as mine is coming up as well this month too. She's managed to put up with this doofus for quite some time now! No birthdays though, but a short family vacation in a week and school starting up shortly after. (Girls are looking forward to school, which is nice.)

FT news is pretty exciting as well on my end. Fairies have been very nice, and I've devoted a lot of time to grinding with them. This last week especially, which led to the big 500 last night! Surreal stuff... New gear, east cave, lots and lots of crafting on the agenda. Then maybe be strong enough to wrap up a few quests now and uncover some new ones. Probably some more mining and crafting as well. Exciting times!
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
Nahgus

Post by Nahgus »

boo:ghost:
Ryaca_1 is retired
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

Hi Nahgus :skull:

@ SellSword
Yes, I found "500" a game changer but have slowed grinding for other projects;

· crafting for gold
· · · buying replacement pets drains the old gold pouch quick
· · · Yea yea I heard you MM1
· crafting to raise crafting level
· · · where one tries to succeed at failing
· · · · · · Been failing far too often at Mith tools lately
· levelling alts to hold "stuff"

But 600 creeping up on me ... will have new quests to do that will drain the gold pouch even more.

It's a never ending circle ... DIZZY, I'm so dizzy ... my heard is ...
I was always AFK!
Leone

Post by Leone »

Nice one for reaching 500, SS. Big milestone that:)
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

Huston we have 603
Crafting Level 6: 603k/640k

Before starting to craft "Mystic Robes" I was at: Crafting Level 6: 442k/640k

Well, to be honest 442 is a ± number, but it was 440ish :D

LostKnight is on his way to Crafting: 7

Got another "house full" of Forest Robes and mana pots ready for tomorrow.

Well I do have a little time before bed ... soooo ... ... ... ...
EDIT: UPDATE:
CRAFT-7.JPG
Last edited by LostKnight on Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I was always AFK!
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

Very nice!

I'm gonna work a bit on my crafting level too, but still doing some level 500 crafting stuff that doesn't seem to end... :) Craft level could, uh, definitely use some work though! Might need to move some things around with my alts to free up space for that. Never ends!

@Leone

Thanks! I was excited about level 100, and back then probably never thought I'd get this far. I figure I started playing roughly a year ago (didn't join forum for awhile), so slow and steady is working well!
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

@ SellSword

Seems we walk the same(ish) path. I was awestruck that people reached 80 in the RPG game, and figured I'd never get to level 80 in the MMOG game. :roll:

What a RUSH huh!!!!
I was always AFK!