The Trials and Tribulations of LostKnight

As the description says!

Moderator: Game Administrators

SellSword

Re: The Trials and Tribulations of LostKnight

Post by SellSword »

You can scribble the Konami code on your palm too. ;)
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

SellSword wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:12 am You can scribble the Konami code on your palm too. ;)
hhhmmm

I am always AFK!
I am LK, A Friendly Knight.
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

Today is an exciting day for me in the FT world: level 380!! :D

Many players have had fairies before me, but I will state that my fairies are unequivocally the most awesome duo to grace the world of FT. 8-) That's backed up by an unofficial survey as well. ;)

Staff Stans were very nice for quite some time. Thank you for your service Stan and Stan. (My official pet namer just rolled her eyes when I asked about names for them as "it says his name is Stan" was hard to argue with.)

Red monsters were quite serviceable as well and saw me through until level 300. (They did not have names because "red monsters don't get names, daddy!" Some things I'm just the last to know about...)

Ghost archers were very nice and led to some quick leveling for me (i.e., super slow for many). Glitter and Sparkle were the names chosen, and those tough gals saw me through most of the next 60 levels. Artemis and Apollo can just eat their hearts out is all I have to say.

Then there was a dark chapter... I was truly ecstatic with my baby ptery. She was named Sunshine as she could fly high (sound logic, and I ceded naming authority 200+ levels beforehand anyhow). Sunshine the ptery was a sight to behold, but she flew too high above the swarm, and just like Icarus of myth someone sneezed and dropped his phone so it somehow slid inside the recliner and could not be retrieved in time for her to escape. (My Greek mythology is a little hazy in some places...)

But Sunshine did help me get close to that lofty 360. Before long two fearsome dragons patrolled by my side. LK has Darby and Duncan, but my double D's took a different naming theme and ended up as Mint and Crystal. Fearsome pets, and I've already gotten a good deal of back story as well from the naming department. Sadly, it was bedtime for the naming department and I can't remember which one was queen of the dragons. They keep watch over the house now.

Then, the fairies arrived this afternoon! I did not have to wait long for the naming ceremony, though I could tell there was some deep thought going on. Then it was announced: Rainbow and Starlight! (Sorry Shakespeare fans, Oberon and Titania will have to wait.)

Quickly the United Synergistic Ardesian Forces (USAF) were formed and deployed. Why, yes, I had talked with LK about that before! Maybe there will be some joint exercises with the RCAF at some time! :lol:

Exciting times!

Edit - had to comment that this seemed very "LK-esque"
Leone

Post by Leone »

Gratz: now for some serious level building at places you'd never dare take pets before!
Gullander

Post by Gullander »

Congrats sellsword! I'm not too far behind...373...have to think of some names now myself. Hmmm...Bert and Ernie...or does it have to be Bertie and Ernia..... :D
Retired
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

@ SellSword
WOW Sell, that all awesome stuff. Can I get your naming committee to name my worms when they come? :D

Welcome to the "Level Elevator" because now you are going to count levels per hour for a wile.

Sad to hear we both have lost our Ptery, may they rest in peace together. :(

I've talked it over with the RCAF¹ and they would consider it an honour to fly with the USAF².

@ Gullander

Maybe Bertie and Ernia can join the RCAF and USAF on a few exercises as well. 8-)

For consideration: Royal Norwegian Air Force (RNoAF) (Norwegian: Luftforsvaret) so FTSL³

Imagine getting Elgur in there as well. :lol: :lol:

Last edited by LostKnight on Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am always AFK!
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

Today was Stress Test Day ... and from all indications the medical staff 'hinted' it went VERY WELL!

I have to wait for the "results though. Should be available Thursday.

Since a friend mentioned "Good Luck" via a PM I though I would post what I told him here about my "Stress Test Day", but I will add a little:

Was GREAT ... done in three parts - with coffee and media lunas (croissants) between each part.

After the "nuclear" injection (Part 1) I was "told" to go have breakfast; coffee with milk (cafe con leche) and 'some' media lunas - I had two half-n-halfs with 6 media lunas in the 90 minuted between Part 1 and Part 2. :lol: :lol: YEEEEEHAAAWWWW Buzz time!

And between the 2nd and 3rd part of the test, a 45 minute wait, SOOOOOO, another half-n-half with 3 more media lunas - What a day! No stress at all! Yesterday; the no caffeine day was the stress day.

Normally my coffee is no milk. And as soon as I got home my wife and I shared a "mate"¹

I'm back, but have to charge up my little "el cheapo" 7" tablet as I took the battery down to 4% playing FTRPG between sessions. ;)

Been a GOOD day so far!
blitzcraig

Post by blitzcraig »

Fairies - Brucie and Blossom
Worms - Mamba and DeathAdder
;)
Beeware the Spiral Blitzbees...
⬜ 💣 🌏
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

blitzcraig wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:43 pm Fairies - Brucie and Blossom
Worms - Mamba and DeathAdder
;)
Whoa ... where did you get those?

That first one is a bit offensive. Bruce Willis might take offence, talk about Die Hard!
I like the next three though.
I am always AFK!
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

Busy day in RL today... I did find myself with a little time to fish while eating lunch and scored some 400 gloves in a trade for a mith hammer. I have an extra hammer at the house, so that works for me. Same guy sold me a 750 amulet for cheap, so talk about some long-term planning there!

@Leone
Thank you! I'll keep in mind that "serious" level building is all relative. I'm on the slow and steady plan, but will be thrilled to move up to the "moderate and steady" plan though! ;)

@Gullander
Very soon, and it's really an awesome experience!

I jokingly asked my daughter about Bertie and Ernia and she said "or you could name them Beth and Elsa." Sorry, but she apparently calls them as she sees them! :) (I told LK once that she wanted to name his dragons "Ocean" and "Seashell," but Darby and Duncan apparently voiced some strong objections..)

@LostKnight
Happy (prelimimary) news, which is great! :D

Now the :coffee: can start to flow freely in your veins again! Glad to hear all went well, and your tablet held out just long enough.