The Trials and Tribulations of LostKnight

As the description says!

Moderator: Game Administrators

LostKnight

Re: Newbie Gamer Intro.

Post by LostKnight »

blitzcraig wrote:oh man - moon patrol on the commodore 64 and pitfall on the atari 2600... good times :)

had an apple II+ when I was 5 (we were way ahead of most people on that 1 thing because my dad needed it for work or some such thing) ... space invaders was like being in the future lol
Jajajajajajaja when I was 5 I had a wooden stick for a rifle and the next day the same stick was my sword!
OMG! I've been RPGing that long!!!!
I am always AFK!
I am LK, A Friendly Knight.
Arashiko

Post by Arashiko »

Cardboard boxes were my spaceship, and an empty bottle of dish washing liquid my ray gun. Pew! Pew! Pew! Death to the Mekons!
Arashiko Senior GM (RETIRED )
Now playing again as Arozel.

Ryaca

Post by Ryaca »

Great times in the past come back to life in this thread. I would play dq8 but I already have so many irons in the fire and I have been hooked on this game for 2 years now. I'm level 3,069. Some great old school games mentioned there blitz. I remember getting a TRS-80 and it came with the game, "Dungeons of Daggorath". I recently looked and someone has ported this great classic to the Google play store. The graphics look like someone used a "Lightbright" to create them.
BOO!:ghost:
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

Arashiko wrote:an empty bottle of dish washing liquid my ray gun
Ooooooooooooooooo I never had one of those. Cardboard boxes, we moved a lot so there was a good supply, were anything; from a hideout, tanks, racing cars ... never thought of space ships though, that would have been neat.

Back then all a kid needed was an imagination, a best friend, and ANYTHING was possible!
Today they need a conmputer with a joystick, XBox, PlayStation, a cellphone, a tablet and they will whine like a banshee if there is no wifi, or internet.
Ryaca wrote:I have been hooked on this game for 2 years now. I'm level 3,069.
OH MY! I stand humble in the presence of .... You probably have immunity no matter where you go. Or do the bad guys level up with you?
Wish I was younger so I could get "years" invested in this.

Wait a sec ... 2 years. How old is this game?
I am always AFK!
Leone

Post by Leone »

The game has been on the go since March/April 2013. It has undergone many many changes since back then. If you trawl back through forum posts, youll get an idea about these.

Chuffed to see you've joined the mmo. If I see you I'll help you out. :)
Ryaca

Post by Ryaca »

LostKnight wrote:
Arashiko wrote:an empty bottle of dish washing liquid my ray gun
Ooooooooooooooooo I never had one of those. Cardboard boxes, we moved a lot so there was a good supply, were anything; from a hideout, tanks, racing cars ... never thought of space ships though, that would have been neat.

Back then all a kid needed was an imagination, a best friend, and ANYTHING was possible!
Today they need a conmputer with a joystick, XBox, PlayStation, a cellphone, a tablet and they will whine like a banshee if there is no wifi, or internet.
Ryaca wrote:I have been hooked on this game for 2 years now. I'm level 3,069.
OH MY! I stand humble in the presence of .... You probably have immunity no matter where you go. Or do the bad guys level up with you?
Wish I was younger so I could get "years" invested in this.

Wait a sec ... 2 years. How old is this game?
I really can't take credit for my high level as i have purchased most of them ;) . There are still some monsters that can give me a run for my money. Most don't tho.
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

So true, this OT thread has become a trip down memory lane
Ryaca wrote:I really can't take credit for my high level as i have purchased most of them ;) . There are still some monsters that can give me a run for my money. Most don't tho.
Hmmmm OK. I'll be doing this the hard way so I doubt I'll ever get anywhere near 3000+ :D

I'll be glad just to survive. :) First time in a couple of people walked by with dragons following them, my old ticker just about flipped out.
I am always AFK!
Arashiko

Post by Arashiko »

There's a player with a leprechaun skin walking around with two red Dino pets…
Arashiko Senior GM (RETIRED )
Now playing again as Arozel.

Ryaca

Post by Ryaca »

I also wanted to tell you that you can make gold in the game and then use it to buy real money purchases through other players if you want to. It's perfectly safe (due to the new purchasing system that was recently updated), no info is exchanged, and totally within the rules and encouraged by the staff.

I'm only telling you this because one of the purchases is the extra pack space. I absolutely could not play without that. It would be physically painful for me. No spoilers here but you will eventually be able to buy pets from a shop in the game using the gold you have earned. Pets provide extra pack space so they are very important. Just an Fyi. Be safe in your travels.
Leone

Post by Leone »

There are also two buildings on the map where you can store items for safe keeping if you don't need to carry them about. I don't think they are an option in the rpg.

They aren't a secret by any means, but you may want to find them yourself rather than be told where they are.