The Trials and Tribulations of LostKnight

As the description says!

Moderator: Game Administrators

LostKnight

Re: The Trials and Tribulations of LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

hungry_wolf wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:40 pm Violence is violence. Self defence has another meaning.
Fight is not for violence, is to preserve what is important.
In a real world situation I would agree.

In normal life, leave it to the police and legal system
In a war situation one fights for their country and what they believe in. People DIE!

In a pixel world it's a bunch of bullies looking to steal gear, there is NO KILLING. People are respawned, with a 70% change that they still have the gear they worked to get.

Logging is also "self defence"

EDIT:
Where is the "honour" in a Sword(560) killing an Ogre(34) - There isn't!
I am always AFK!
I am LK, A Friendly Knight.
Elgur

Post by Elgur »

Desmond Doss: conscientious objecter drafted into the marines of the pacific war. He became a medic, saved hundreds of lives. Through all of world war 2 he never lifted a hand against another human being. Wish I could say the same. Recieved the Medal of Honor for heroism on the battle field. Many thought him weak. But on the battlefield he was the toughest marine around.
That the Buddha regarded ignorance as the principle of birth and death, and therefore of misery in the world, is a well established fact.
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

And it is said he never so much at touched a gun in his life!

Saved hundreds, bullets flying all around, Metal of Honor, now that's GUTS!
I am always AFK!
Elgur

Post by Elgur »

There is a documentary about his life. Had tears in my eyes watching. His whole philosophy was based on the 10 commandments,
Thou shalt not kill. Thou shalt log off when pvp happens.
That the Buddha regarded ignorance as the principle of birth and death, and therefore of misery in the world, is a well established fact.
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

Elgur wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:58 am There is a documentary about his life. Had tears in my eyes watching. His whole philosophy was based on the 10 commandments,
Did not know that. Must find it.

LOVE THIS:
Elgur wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:58 am Thou shalt not kill. Thou shalt log off when pvp happens.
Found these though:
President Harry S. Truman warmly shook the hand of Corporal Desmond Thomas Doss, and then held it the entire time his citation was read aloud to those gathered outside the White House on October 12, 1945. "I'm proud of you," Truman said. "You really deserve this. I consider this a greater honor than being president."
In addition to his Medal of Honor, Desmond Doss received a Bronze Star for valor with one Oak Leaf cluster (signifying he received 2 Bronze Stars); a Purple Heart with two Oak Leaf clusters (signifying he received 3 Purple Hearts); the Asiatic-Pacific Campaign Medal with three Bronze Stars, and beachhead arrowhead (signifying he served in 4 combat campaigns including an amphibious landing under combat conditions); the Good Conduct Medal; the American Defense Campaign; and the not so common, Presidential Unit Citation given to the 1st Battalion, 307Inf, 77th Infantry Division for securing the Maeda Escarpment.
My 3 medals pale by comparison, they are safely tucked away never to be worn or seen in the light of day again.
Please note: I am not an American but this kind of courage and conviction has no bounds.
I am always AFK!
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

Four days what and happened in those 4 days, well, I was crafting at Rockheim and came out to find I had a visitor. MadMagus what right there chopping trees. Awesome to see an old friend, spent a few minutes chatting and went on our way. But I kept looking at the mini map. Felt really good to see him going from place to place. Next time I'd like to spend an hour or so just fishing and chatting.

Exciting times for me these pact few days, I have been levelling a few alts. So NO exciting is not the word, more like DULL and BORING but I need the space, the houses are full. Started transferring stuff from the houses to the alts yesterday too, and that is as exciting as watching paint dry, but it has to be done.

Also lost a pair of pets for an alt as I walked into in a house in AC. Some 300+ grinder repeatedly being told he is a "traitor" spawning the "killers" and his Ptery killing the killers in the little room upstairs. Unfortunately the killers spawn upstairs and downstairs and as soon as I walked in ZAP two pets gone. I made it upstairs and told the gut "You killed my pets" and get back, "I lost my doggie too". Very sympathetic, OK now to get out and just before getting to the door he spawned another group and BANG: STA! Map 0.0

Did some grinding and have myself up to 570, afraid I will be there for a while though as I need to replenish some stock I have precious little of the things a miner needs, meteor and soul stones and of course the magic trunks. Yesterday consisted of making Mithril ingots and storing them, I have a lot of mithril tools to make. Which of course is also bringing up my stock of meteor and soul stones, but that is a slow process. After this will be the cutting of trees and replanting seedlings.

Also will be making some gold crafting L:500 axes. Need gold yo get more pets and get ready for level 600 quests. And to push my EXP up I will do some some other crafting with the thought of "Succeeded in Failing" philosophy. So there will be some pretty boring days in my immediate future.

What can I say, FT is an expensive place to live, a little gold here, a little gold there. Gold trickles in but goes out by the bag full.

Say, that sounds like my RL wallet and cash flow. :lol: :lol: :lol:
I am always AFK!
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

Yesterday, and today was spent upgrading some lvl5 storage alts to lvl 10 and getting an Amazon pet for storage. Increasing the space I have since my house space is full (was).

Now I have to run around and get them the best possible gear, and still have a couple to d as well.

Tomorrow is "Stress Test" ... have to my my ticker through it's paces to see if everything is going well. Stents are two years old now so I am Xing my fingers here.

The stress actually started today .... NO CAFFEINE today! It's torture I tell you pure and simple torture!

I WANT MY COFFEE!
OK, back to upgrading....
I am always AFK!
Leone

Post by Leone »

Good luck with the appointment mate.
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

Leone wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:14 pm Good luck with the appointment mate.
Yes! Fingers crossed and best wishes! :)
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

I'll be fine ... I will be fine . . . I WILL be fine.

Keep the coffee pot going guys! I'll be coming outta that place with a craving!

I'm not going to fail this test, been studying for days now.

oooommmmmm oooommm :lol:
I am always AFK!