As the description says!

Moderator: Game Administrators

LostKnight

Re: The Trials and Tribulations of LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

And once a month when a GM¹ deposits my pension cheque I get to go to the
sign-post-Bank.png
and I feel rich for a day.

But then it starts, every day I gotta walk from "Rockheim South" (RHS) in Ardesia City, or and most likely from Rockheim North (RHN) in
sign-post-Steinheim.png
to the
sign-post-Shop.png
in Kedington, Ashdown, The Blacksmith, Marteck's Stronhold, Silverwood, Ardesia City and other various locations throughout FT to pay bills and buy supplies. Lets face it, I have to buy food, we all have to eat! And coffee, can't live without my daily dose of caffeine. All my friends have a standing invitation to come for coffee anytime. It's a family tradition! Also, I'm a knight, I have to get my blades sharpened and repaired, and buy new armour on occasion. It's a viscous circle.

The Vet! Can't forget the veterinarian. Pets need their food, shots and check ups too. Sometimes, more often than we like to admit at times, we have to buy new pets. Because, being the loyal beasts they are, they will die defending us or if we take them places we shouldn't, or get distracted. And then there are "The Pet Killers" - the worst of the worst - keep your senses tuned in to those horrible people.

Sometimes, there is nothing you and do about it though. It's the hurricanes or tornadoes² that do them in. As in the following true Tale not to be Forgotten.

There I was carefully stepping out drawing the monsters to me, my pets waiting to pounce ... s·l·o·w·y ... one more step! POP! And I'm in OZ!, the map to my right, HUH! WHAT THE!!!! No pets in sight. One step back and I'm in "Wonderland" way left of the map I started on, still no pets. Step right again and there I am; 10 paces away from my loyal beasts that are fighting for their lives surrounded by those hateful monsters. BLINK, BLINK! Both gone.

It's a lonely walk home, remembering the good times I had hunting with them. I place their collars on the Wall of Fame in RHN. All my loyal pets are remembered there. MY pets are family, my only family in FT! They shall not be forgotten!

I am LK, A Friendly Knight.
Gullander

Post by Gullander »

Yes the dreaded cyclone of despair... My condolences for your loss lag has struck again! I may be wrong here but suspect again the arch nemesis Sebastius and his lag-keys, his minions ready to pounce at the worst possible moment. The word itself says it all L-lackeys A-against G-gaming.....beware... take care... any moment can be a lag moment!
Retired
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

Another exciting day in the life of LostKnight: mining!

B · O · R · I · N · G · ! · !
I am always AFK!
Leone

Post by Leone »

I see 750 on yr horizon. Maybe alter the grinding / mining days ratio slightly?
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

Leone wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:51 am I see 750 on yr horizon. Maybe alter the grinding / mining days ratio slightly?
shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh building gold reserve.
I am always AFK!
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

Well, today had a very interesting start! Been a little depressed lately and LK stayed home a couple of days. Yesterday was a day of mining but by the end of the day I was "dislocated". Didn't know if I was going north, south east or west and all the time feeling like it was all four at the same time.

OK, so this morning I woke early and logged an alt(16) at Silverwood. Got level 17 and a mage(48) came over and was smoking up my spawns. :( He wandered right a bit for richer pastures and I started again, another mage(37) comes in from the left, I am leery! He heals me and kills of some that are doing me a lot of damage that mage(48) is spawning just to the right with some drifting over, allowing me to to pick off the ones to the top and left. We both benefited, he stayed, healing and picking off the extras. I friended him

Code: Select all

me: when you get to lvl 38 I can show quests to get to lvl 41 real fast, want help?

mage: sure!
Short version of the story, he got to 38 and I see:
"Now what?"

We "tried getting" him to Ardesia, he died, he tried a club stan; OOPS!
I send /msg

me: go to stable at Kedington, my alt has better boots for you
My alt gave him a lvl 40 robe and boots-15 and told him to meet me in Ardesia, then I showed him VIP Room and the lost boy!

YEA!!!!! Felt good, from a mage that was smoking up my spawns to one that helped me. So I helped him...

He bought the troll and war dog, then we did the poison from spider to cure the kid, and a dog companion for the old man quests and

green tingle
my new friend is level 41!

We both had to log then and I see a

Thank you very much!
, me to have breakfast with Mrs. LK, as the "cock crowed"¹ and that meant breakfast, then off to the shops. Back home now and getting ready for another day at the mines.

I am a believer in "What goes around, comes around!"
Have a good day people.

NB: Just about ready to hit [Submit] and Mrs LK says, we have to go to the veggie stand. So venturing out from RHN will be delayed a bit.

SellSword

Post by SellSword »

Earlier today in RL I saw the comment "No good deed, no matter how small, is ever truly wasted." And LK has provided the perfect story to tack that on. Amazing how some things work out, huh? :D
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
Nahgus

Post by Nahgus »

lostknight

where r u
Ryaca_1 is retired
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

Nahgus wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:58 am lostknight

where r u
Right here old friend.....

Day started off with a nice story ... then once I got going spend most of the day with my friend and neighbour Gullandar who is a much better (read: faster, I'm better) miner than i am and we worked as a team making soul axes so I can build up my gold. Ye ole coin purse was getting very light do to loss of and replacing pets. YOU ROCK Gullandar and I owe you big time complete with free coffee for life too!

Then just moments ago I come out of the crafting room and WOW! My old friend, Ryaca_1, reincarnated! Back from the dead. One of my oldest friends in the game, right up there beside GOLGREN. What a surprise. I can hardly wait to hear the stories.
→ The Reincarnation of Ryaca_1: Show
Reincarnation_of_Ryaca_1.JPG
Love the new threads, blue my favourite colour! Well, ok light blueish, turquoise, celeste type colour.
Hope this day is a sign of things to come.
I am always AFK!
Nahgus

Post by Nahgus »

heres to the future
Ryaca_1 is retired