The Trials and Tribulations of LostKnight

As the description says!

Moderator: Game Administrators

SellSword

Re: The Trials and Tribulations of LostKnight

Post by SellSword »

Well, I should be getting a few inches of "refreshment" falling tonight if you'd like to dream about that. I'll likely be calling it "ouch, my back is sore and I'm sick of shoveling snow," but it's all about perspective! :smiley:

I totally abhor those people who want to purposefully drag spawn onto people. There was a time where grinding crazed lions on the witch's sister map was one of my usual locations and there was no shortage of idiots who would drag a group of mushies/worms down. I took to spawning right above the fenced area which alowed an easy escape down the stairs on the other side of the fence. There were quite a few times I waited and timed it just right to disappear right before impact, then pop up on the other side to watch some idiot die in his own swarm. (Well, the lions I was grinding would naturally meet him too, often trapping him, but I never lost any sleep over it.)
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

SellSword wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:03 am Well, I should be getting a few inches of "refreshment" falling tonight if you'd like to dream about that. I'll likely be calling it "ouch, my back is sore and I'm sick of shoveling snow," but it's all about perspective! :smiley:
Yea .. I will dream of a man on black armour shovelling the white stuff. What the heck is that stuff called now? It's been so long I have no idea....

And, let me fix this for you ↓ remove the red ↓
I totally abhor those people who want to purposefully drag spawn onto people. There was a time where grinding crazed lions on the witch's sister map was one of my usual locations and there was no shortage of idiots who would drag a group of mushies/worms down. I took to spawning right above the fenced area which alowed an easy escape down the stairs on the other side of the fence. There were quite a few times I waited and timed it just right to disappear right before impact, then pop up on the other side to watch some idiot die in his own swarm. (Well, the lions I was grinding would naturally meet him too, often trapping him, but I never lost any sleep over it.)
HAHAHA HAHAHA HAHAHAHA HAHAHAHA HAHAHAHA That is soooooooooooo good.

In fact I would have fallen asleep with a smile of "That was a well done move on my part!".
Must try that with Max ... well, except the cat is outta the bag now.

Tonight I dream of an idiot dragging a mob of lions and mushies through the snow as I escape down the stairs, popping up with the WmWallace Sword, just in case he survived!

→ The Wallace Sword: Show
Wallace_sword.jpg
The Wallace Sword is an antique two-handed sword purported to have belonged to William Wallace (1270–1305), a Scottish knight who led a resistance to the English occupation of Scotland during the Wars of Scottish Independence. It is said to have been used by William Wallace at the Battle of Stirling in 1297 and the Battle of Falkirk (1298).

The blade of the sword measures 4 feet 4 inches (132 cm) in length and including the hilt is 5 feet 4 inches (163 cm) . The breadth of the blade varies from 2.25 inches (5.7 cm) at the guard to 0.75 inches (1.9 cm) before the point. The sword weighs 5.95 pounds (2.70 kg).
It's MINE I tell you ... I am his last living heir!

I want it: The range 5, WmWSword+5, with map wide shock-waves, 250b damage, one strike kills all enemies on the map - - - ANY MAP!
I was always AFK!
I was LK, A Friendly Knight.
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

I hate these people!!!!

I'm hunting fairies 1-2 at a time.... so I do not die. I see:

Code: Select all

hunter___: Russian green text
and all of a sudden he is spawning a HUGE MOB of fairies! I make a beeline for the cave entrance.
→ and hunter___: Show
Either he is just too freaking lazy to walk to map 0.0
OR
Wanted me to attack him so he could kill me!
hunter___.JPG
His level was in the 4 digits, I was too busy running.
Last edited by LostKnight on Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I was always AFK!
Leone

Post by Leone »

Probably wants to kill you for your gear. You did right to go in the cave.
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

Leone wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:15 pm Probably wants to kill you for your gear. You did right to go in the cave.
Like the news man in ID4 said:
There's no shame in hiding!
It's a survival instinct!

and later he said
OH! :poop:!
Last edited by LostKnight on Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I was always AFK!
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

Leone wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:15 pm Probably wants to kill you for your gear. You did right to go in the cave.
That is a hidden downside to the whole "send me to spawn?" requests, especially when a stronger player asks you to do it. It could very well be a ruse...

Still, LK runs into so much more drama than I do!
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

It's the invisible ink target painted on my forehead, with their special glasses
→ they see: Show
bullseye.png

20 Feb 19 @ 13:22:24 ~
   $ c2f 40.1

40.1°C  =  104.18°F
EDIT:

20 Feb 19 @ 14:06:19 ~
   $ c2f 41.2

41.2°C  =  106.16°F
Hottest part of the day still to come: 16:00
I was always AFK!
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

Well at 15:17 we lost power, and it was 42°C.
At 18:00 I hit the pit and slept until half an hour ago.
Midnight here and still 33°C with a prediction of hotter tomorrow.

Beginning to look like a bloated jellyfish here with all the water I am drinking!

I'm melting or boiling, I'm not sure which.

Anyway before that I spent the day at fairy island. Fun stuff.
Found they like to keep a steady auto-spawn and always have 3-4-5-6 attacking you.

Then I found it, a place and a way to spawn 1 and have a 1-on-1 fight.
Tried a 2-on-1 and that worked just as well.

Didn't help though ... not a single drop.
Will have to go back.
I'm stubborn, I "will" get at least one wand from them!

Leone

Post by Leone »

Wow that's hot. I've just been raking out our two fires ready to light later on.

Keep going with the wands. I gave up. It'll be good to see you get one as it might inspire me.
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

Leone wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:07 pm Wow that's hot. I've just been raking out our two fires ready to light later on.

Keep going with the wands. I gave up. It'll be good to see you get one as it might inspire me.
Well, if Edenor will allow me time to play I have full intentions of killing the cousins of my RCAF until I get at least 1! But would LOVE 2 or 3, but hey, I'm getting old and fighting an Electrical company that doesn't like working.

Edenor and her sister company Edesur are power companies that collest our $$$ every month and sends it to their share holders and have done ZERO maintenance on the system in over 20 years. (OK, that's an opinion) But an opinion based on the fact that the cuts in power are so common here that it is IMPOSSIBLE to believe that that is any maintenance.

A few years back, during a 3 day cut a neighbour went to the substation where their workers were "trying to repair" an old transformer. They were as angry as we were. "The company has NEW transformers, but will not release them for our substation.", she was told, so they have to "patch things up". Guess we don't have enough rich and powerful people in our area. There are areas in the city that are never without power, or I should say rarely without power!
Empresa Distribuidora y Comercializadora Norte S.A. is the largest Argentine distributor of electricity. It's headquartered in Buenos Aires.

Purchasing a majority stake in the newly privatized Segba utility in 1992, the company has an exclusive concession to distribute electricity in the northwestern section of Greater Buenos Aires, and in the north of Buenos Aires proper. Its 34,500 km (21,500 mi) of network and 2.5 million customers represent 18.5% of the Argentine market in its industry.
TODAY: Got up just after 08:00, fired up the computer and TV, my wife gets up a little later, I head off to the kitchen to make the mate (breakfast). During breakfast we lost power: 08:55 and it did not return until 17:11.
→ You may, colour me!: Show
Colour_Me.png
I was always AFK!