The Trials and Tribulations of LostKnight

As the description says!

Moderator: Game Administrators

LostKnight

Re: The Trials and Tribulations of LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

madmaniacal1 wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:45 pm Nicely put, Khmer.
@LK I think the scenario you described (them returning to intentionally and repeatedly take spawn) might qualify as camping, under rule 9. However, a GM would have to determine that for certain.
Actually had the same thing happen yesterday, on the other side of FT. In the library I was levelling an archer(30→35).

Two guys left the sweet spot near the entrance, a tank and and a leveller, so I took the spot with my little alt, spawning MUCH less, as she was alone. ... blink they cam back. I moved my alt back to where she was, more danger but I wanted to level.

They left again, this time I waited a few minutes, before returning. Finally went back and just got nicely going again and blink, the 'tank' pops in and created a spawn that would have killed my little alt in a second except the door was there.

So I took LK there and we had a chat, the leveller only wanted 2 more level to reach 60. OK, I said, done, I parked the RCAF out of the way and moved my alt close to them. His alt, the Dwarf tank created a huge spawn. LK took the heat of half of it and his alt the other half. His two levels came very fast and we bid each other good night, he was true to his word. I stayed and tanked for my all and a fairy(11) from Brasil (Brazil is English), she would have died FAST! The little fairy left when she got lvl 12. She could have stayed, I didn't mind. Like I told the 58-60 leveller, she isn't taking much away from my alt nor from him.

Many players know you do not engage in pvp, making you an easy target for trolls. Players like that have caused many "peaceful" players to forgo their "peace".
As I said in the past, the Path you have chosen is perhaps the hardest one to walk in such an environment. The choice to continue it is yours to make. I once tried to walk a similar path. Strayed from it and found myself at the bottom of the cliff I never noticed.
I will endure my "log before PvP" policy. It's annoying, but I just plain do not like the PvP aspect of the game. I still think FT could be both, and quite possible draw a lot more people to it if advertised as such in a right way. I walked down that path with a couple of ideas but when the "name calling started" I decided to quit. I am not a sissy and how could one think that of "pixels", that respawn. I wonder how well the game would do if a person that died in PvP "really died", like in real life. You'd have to start over with a new character. So you see, it's not being a 'sissy' I just do not like the "violence" it implies.

PLEASE: Do NOT continue the to pvp or not to pvp idea here, I was just explaining my idea for the last time.
Last edited by LostKnight on Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am always AFK!
I am LK, A Friendly Knight.
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

@ Khmer
→ William Arthur Ward wrote:Adversity causes some men to break; others to break records.
Thank you very much for that! I doubt very much I will break any records. But "I" almost broke two or three times.

But I came back, and made a promise to a friend that I will NOT quit. No promise of breaking records though. :)
I am always AFK!
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

LostKnight wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:06 pm @ Khmer
→ William Arthur Ward wrote:Adversity causes some men to break; others to break records.
Thank you very much for that! I doubt very much I will break any records. But "I" almost broke two or three times.

But I came back, and made a promise to a friend that I will NOT quit. No promise of breaking records though. :)
I believe you do own the longest thread in the FT forum! :D

I believe the reason was discussed a few dozen pages back about you being crazy and us all wanting to see what came next... ;)
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

SellSword wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:26 am I'm personally not a fan of Rule 9 as it is written. It is a vague rule, and a literal reading of the language seemingly places the determination in the hands of the one reporting a violation. LK sounds like his game-playing experience was reduced, so ipso facto it is a rule violation?
This was, in part, my point. GM's need proof, which is understandable, and sometimes even a screenshot isn't enough. And that part I put in yellow seems a but vague to me as well. Lots of talk about "clan" in that rule. Personally I would like to see it rewritten with two sections: Clan and non-clan aspects and written in clearer language to remove any "vague", wiggle room from what is and isn't a violation.
With the internal watch list and discretionary language regarding punishments it may (hey, I can leave wiggle room too! ;) ) come down to a cumulative impact of "reducing" before something is actually done though. Or if one is caught red handed, so to speak.
Caught red handed is rather difficult as the GM's usually spend there time at Map 0.0 and if they do wander around, people very quickly act like the little angels they are. {cough cough}
I think that intent would play a role as well, or lead to a greater likelihood of penalty, though not required.

Really though, if they were purposefully being little [you know, what's in my picture above] with the intent to annoy you I'd say yes to a violation. I guess they could be reported, and eventually things might catch up with them.
It's kind like, TV News is i front of a bank that is being robbed, and broadcasting live for the world to see. A masked man holding a gun to a hostages head and the reporter says: "The alleged bank robber is holding a gun to the head of a hostage in the door of the bank and demanding pizzas and cokes for 16 people for lunch. It's a tense situation folks..."

"ALLEGED" MY BEHIND! If a picture paints a thousand words and breaks the language barrier, imagine the words a video paints!
I am always AFK!
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

SellSword wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:27 pm I believe you do own the longest thread in the FT forum! :D

I believe the reason was discussed a few dozen pages back about you being crazy and us all wanting to see what came next... ;)
Well, there is a lot of others posting here too, so the length is not just my doing.

As to crazy, would that be as in "certified" or "like a fox"? :lol:
I am always AFK!
madmaniacal1

Post by madmaniacal1 »

Nicely said, LK. The "pvp or no pvp" was the path I referred to you walking, that others decided to leave. I applaud your dedication to staying on it, knowing the difficulty thereof. If nothing else, THAT is the record for LK: longest time refusing to engage in pvp, regardless of temptation or provocation.

As for the "certified or fox" question, I personally think it's a little of both. Lol

@Khmer You are correct about people (not just players, but people in general) not learning where the cliff is, regardless of how many times they fall. I'd like to think I learned AT THE LEAST where it is, so I can decide whether or not to jump. Lol
Omnes Autem Uri
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

A quote by Edison? Not sure .. but goes like this:
I didn't fail, I just found 1001 ways it doesn't work.
Now to fail means:
- not trying for the 1002nd time
- not getting up and getting back on a horse when you fall off.

or to sum up: when you quit trying; you fail.

AHA! A certified crazy fox. Not to be confused with a rabid fox.
I am always AFK!
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

Not sure when this happened, but I noticed a change in MadMagus's signature and I wan to "preserve it" for prosperity.

Why, because I like it:
→ MadMagus, in his signature, wrote:You called me strong, you called me weak
But still your secrets I will keep
You took for granted all the times I
Never let you down
You stumbled in and bumped your head, if
Not for me then you'd be dead
I picked you up and put you back
On solid ground
I look at that and I think, that could be me he wrote about.

Well not really, I NEVER called him weak, and I hope like he...ck, ;) , he never thought I took him for granted.

But a friend he is and always will be.
Happy days to you my friend.
I am always AFK!
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

LostKnight wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:55 pm Not sure when this happened, but I noticed a change in MadMagus's signature and I wan to "preserve it" for prosperity.

Why, because I like it:
→ MadMagus, in his signature, wrote:You called me strong, you called me weak
But still your secrets I will keep
You took for granted all the times I
Never let you down
You stumbled in and bumped your head, if
Not for me then you'd be dead
I picked you up and put you back
On solid ground
I look at that and I think, that could be me he wrote about.

Well not really, I NEVER called him weak, and I hope like he...ck, ;) , he never thought I took him for granted.

But a friend he is and always will be.
Happy days to you my friend.
Three Doors Down - Kryptonite

I believe that's the song. There's always a first time to be wrong though... :roll:

Totally agree though.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

SellSword wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:03 pm Three Doors Down - Kryptonite

I believe that's the song. There's always a first time to be wrong though... :roll:

Totally agree though.
Could be I don't know. Nice words though and I know MadMagus likes his music.

He kept telling me, "OMG! Can't get that out of my head now.", when I'd quote a line or two. :twisted: :roll: :lol:
SellSword, in his signature, wrote: A knight in shining armor is a man who has never had his metal truly tested.
Verily I say unto you, a knight in rusty or dirty armour doesn't know how to maintain his armour.

Clean and shining armour with dents and scrapes is the sign of a well rounded battle worn knight.
I am always AFK!