The Trials and Tribulations of LostKnight

As the description says!

Moderator: Game Administrators

LostKnight

Re: Newbie Gamer Intro.

Post by LostKnight »

BroodingSnow wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 7:45 pm A mere 150 is my target right now and that alone feels like a dream!
YES! I remember that dream too!

If that (130) is your levels, you have 6 to go to get "staff stans" then killing Blue Vlads becomes like stepping on ants at an ant hill. Well not that much but I got my Twins at L136 and spent my time grinding with Vlads until L300. As my mentor said, "Yes, the Twins can fight some others but the safety and sheer numbers of the vlads kills makes levelling fast!"

And I certainly agree with you, people have a tendency to "push" others out their spots there, or park pets where you are spawning then go fishing. Saw that so many times, "GRRRRRR". But still the best place to go IMHO. I have gone at various times and find FT time 01:00± is a good time to go. But if that is available to you is a matter of what time zone you are in.
I am always AFK!
I am LK, A Friendly Knight.
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

I was ecstatic when I hit level 100. I know, someone who buys levels or plays for 15 hours a day is laughing, but no matter to me. Hitting 250 felt like a major milestone, and now I'm creeping up on the big 300. Surprising myself as I keep going!
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

SellSword wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 8:29 pm I was ecstatic when I hit level 100. I know, someone who buys levels or plays for 15 hours a day is laughing, but no matter to me. Hitting 250 felt like a major milestone, and now I'm creeping up on the big 300. Surprising myself as I keep going!
YES! YES! and YES!

People that 'buy' levels have missed that about the game... that "OMG I'm soooo close ..." or the "YEA! Made it!" feeling.

I play a LOT every day and I would never laugh at anyone that "works for their levels", be it a few hours a day or a lot everyday.

I'm in the 440's and have my 500 gear already bought/found in a quest or given as a gift and I keep looking at it thinking "SOON!" And that's enough to push me on!

I can still remember the "I'll never make 100!" thoughts/feelings, then 89>90 and The though popped into my head, "OMG! I'm going to do it!"
I am always AFK!
BroodingSnow

Post by BroodingSnow »

Felt awful just getting to 60 for me, more so after being told i would get an amazing AOE skill, and what a game changer that was! Levels exploded after that, i believe it was a mere 5mins to 61 and a min longer for each level after. Didnt take long for things to slow down again in the 80s.

That was when a friend(i met while fishing of all places) would start leaving random suggestions about quests id never heard of or places i should visit for much needed quest items leading me to a quest reward of 6! Levels... That alone gave me the push to get to 100, a milestone that felt very far away for a while.

I think when we see these Lv11k players running around, it reminds us just how much there is to do, and how little we've done in what already feels like a long time. Think im about a month in now, played a little longer, but that was me finding the class that suits me - the dwarf - though to be honest i picked it for the faster gathering speeds than combat stats. Spend more time fishing than mining which it seems i have the worst class for... Go figure.
If you think of the best, things can only get worse.
If you think of the worst, things can only get better.
Leone

Post by Leone »

There is always something to aim for. Levels , quests, equipment or whatever. All good.
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

FT is like the book: A Never Ending Story.

Forgotten Tales, A Never Ending Game!

That's my opinion and I'll stick to it! :mrgreen:
I am always AFK!
rearrow

Post by rearrow »

i started asking about a swamp helmet when i reached lv 100. took me 3months to find someonecwho had one andwould sell it when he reached 250. since he was about 30lvls higher then me and we wwre both grinders i had about 4more months of running robes to pay for it.
these helmets were special prices only,no drops or chest items.
the anticipation while grinding the next 100lvls, calculating how many more days before i would react thecrequired lvl200.
then the wait for naomi to reach 250 (realy miss him).
and then.....
THE BEAUTIFUL HELMET.

PURE BLISS
Leone

Post by Leone »

I remember grinding blue vlads top left of that screen. I was lvl80 something on my dwarf and someone popped up maybe lvl102 (an arch). I'd never met him before and we were in different clans so I was half expecting to be attacked.

What happened? He told me he'd help me for a bit as I needed the levels more than him. He then tanked a bit, wished me good luck and off he went. I think I had a LVL 20 axe at the time so it was a hard slog, but I got there.
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

I LOVE IT.... Newbie Gamer Intro becoming an FT Historical Reference of a type.

Thanks guys.
I am always AFK!
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

As of the date of this post it is really nice to see the update for Rule #7

Simply put: cheaters in the FT world are on a timer!

I congratulate The Team, and as always they have this Knight's full support.
I am always AFK!