The Trials and Tribulations of LostKnight

As the description says!

Moderator: Game Administrators

LostKnight

Re: Newbie Gamer Intro.

Post by LostKnight »

madmaniacal1 wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:45 pm
LostKnight wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:55 pm GOLGREN where are you! Get your flat butt back here before I cut it off!
OK, that's a joke ... it would be like a nat attacking a rino! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
As I said in a far previous post here, staying true to a Code isn't always easy, or even possible. We are human. Mistakes and flaws are what make us who we are. Learn from it, strive to regain the path, and move forward.

Edit: sometimes "SELF" is the flaw in the equation. A Code is about more than SELF. Forgetting that was my mistake, and more than just myself were harmed by that. In the end, the "Path of the Code" or the "Path of Self" is the choice one must make.
There is no "sometimeS" to it, "SELF" is flawed.

It is, in hindsight that we see where we have betrayed SELF or strayed from what we believe in then there is only one option:

Pick yourSELF up, dust yourSELF off, and get back on track. It is not important that others forgive you, it is important that you forgive yourSELF!

I am a perfectly imperfect human being, resistance to mistakes is futile. DON'T PANIC!

But I do panic, I'm human, I do make mistakes, I'm human and I do forgive myself because I have learned that is the best thing to do. Then I get back on the right path and truck on. Knowing full well that around the next bend there could very well be another OOPS!, OUCH!, OH NO!

That's Life; Live It!
Leone

Post by Leone »

Your struggle sounds so much like Sturm Brightblade. The 2nd ultimate in selflessness.

1st = Caramon
Ryaca

Post by Ryaca »

Dragonlance
BOO!:ghost:
Leone

Post by Leone »

Yep. I adore the dragonlance books and keep going back to them. Every player of FT will be able to identify with one of the dragonlance characters.
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

Leone wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:43 am Your struggle sounds so much like Sturm Brightblade. The 2nd ultimate in selflessness.

1st = Caramon
Ryaca wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:51 amDragonlance
wikipedia helped me understand what you both are talking about.
I have no knowledge of these books or games. But I see he died early in the story. :(
Leone

Post by Leone »

To get you started, the Dragons of... trilogy.

Definitely worth a purchase.
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

Leone wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:28 am To get you started, the Dragons of... trilogy.

Definitely worth a purchase.
English Books hard to find here but I will check KEL BookStore
GOLGREN

Post by GOLGREN »

GOLGREN IS FROM DRAGONLANCE;}
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

GOLGREN wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:04 am GOLGREN IS FROM DRAGONLANCE;}
You have a PM ... please read it!
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

Well, I guess GOLGREN is still mad at me and I can't help that. :cry: :cry:

But anyway, Happy Easter to all that celebrate Easter, if not Happy Sunday.

And for those that have 1 April as April Fools day BEWARE!
- salt in the sugar bowl.
- - - I wore a coffee once with that as it was spit out, then had my bottom and back warmed with a wide leather belt. Scheech no sense of haha, and on April fools day too!
- - - very quietly, I sneaked into the kitchen, tears still coming, and replaced the sugar in the salt shaker with salt, I didn't want a repeat performance.

Good Friday - MIL's toilet backed up. Plunged, tried everything, nothing worked. Waited until Saturday morning before we could get someone with an electric auger to clear the line.

When that guy lifted the lid to the "trap" that had pipes from 4 houses (in our bathroom near the front door) it was like the scene from Men in Black!
{crunch!} "OH! Was that your Uncle?" {crunch!} "And you auntie?"
... never seen so may cockroaches in all my life combined. From the largest in the 4"+ range to tiny little babies. Carried that cover outside REAL QUICK! And then started killing the bugs. Bug spray in each hand, rubber shoes "Stompin' Tom" Connors (A Canuck you'll have to look him up) style stompin them suckers flat! My wife and MIL left dust balls in their wake running and screaming to get out of there.

OK, line cleared, but the mess ... from the trap, down the short hall and out the front door to the "porch" (for the sake of a name) to the street. There was 'brown stuff' everywhere from where the metal snake twisted and curled. And guess who got to clean up this "Chanel #5" mess. YUP! ME!

Thank goodness for ceramic tile floors and a straight run to the street. Soapy water and a large squeegee made it a fairly quick job. A nice long relaxing cleansing shower and it was then that I entered the world of FT. And let me tell you, every monster I fought yesterday, was a cockroach! I was killing them with glee!!