The Trials and Tribulations of LostKnight

As the description says!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Leone

Re: The Trials and Tribulations of LostKnight

Post by Leone »

Good point and well worth your clarification.

Accidental and deliberate pet killers are two very different types of players.
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

↑ 2 posts @ Nahgus Of course that is your choice. But I have seen people "detour" slightly to get pets as they cross maps as well.

Accidental killing is not the point here, nor "babysitting other people's pets" that park them in harms way where you are spawning. We are talking "killing pets on purpose", like the MIB mentioned above.

Kind of like dragging a swarm to the edge of a map where a path meets another and some unsuspecting person walking the opposite direction crossed the map line just a second after you. BLINK! Not your fault if he and his pets die, you are playing your game. But you could pause, let your pets kill the mob and then carry on. I have seen a LOT do just, enough in fact that it is what I do by habit now.

HOWEVER: It is not mandatory and one cannot be blamed if they don't. It's just a personal choice.
Last edited by LostKnight on Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I was always AFK!
I was LK, A Friendly Knight.
Nahgus

Post by Nahgus »

i agree it is a personal choice

there is a big difference in spawning a massive mob and dragging them to pets and simply passing thru a map

i am not a pet killer but have been wrongfully accused of being one before

i have more important things to do then watch out for others pets

pets are owners responsibility
Ryaca_1 is retired
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

The Latin phrase used in criminal law is mens rae, meaning basically a guilty mind or intent to do the action, and that is really the key. Everyone who plays obviously moves around and spawns mobs, but there's a big difference between not caring about someone else or their pets and intending to kill the pets.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

@ Nahgus

I can not argue that point I would never consider you a pet killer. Like I said there is a difference between it happening "on purpose" and "not on purpose".

And I agree, I am not responsible for others pets, I will do what I can to save them though.

Here's my one exception: I do not like it when people think I should babysit their pets in my spawn area and they go to spawn some place else. Nope, not my responsibility, I tried in the beginning, but when it ruins my levelling experience I figure I'll just go back to spawning. Most times they come and move their pets, on occasion not.

Now that said, I have and will continue to die for someone's pets. I remember times leaving blood mummies, after getting mith, where people park pets at the door. A mob behind me, I'd stopped and started fighting. I've managed to never let a pet die at that door.
I was always AFK!
Nahgus

Post by Nahgus »

i agree with sellsword lostknight and leone
Ryaca_1 is retired
MadMagus

Post by MadMagus »

SellSword wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:19 pm The Latin phrase used in criminal law is mens rae, meaning basically a guilty mind or intent to do the action, and that is really the key. Everyone who plays obviously moves around and spawns mobs, but there's a big difference between not caring about someone else or their pets and intending to kill the pets.
And that really is key as to why it can't be punished either. Unless a GM actually sees it happen, it's very hard to determine intent. Would a player lie to try and get free pets? Of course some would. But until the GMs improve their esp abilities, that's sadly how the rule will need to be.
Old Joke: Show
ft0409mchatjoke.PNG
ft0409mchatjoke.PNG (44.68 KiB) Viewed 2680 times
You called me strong, you called me weak
But still your secrets I will keep
You took for granted all the times I
Never let you down
You stumbled in and bumped your head, if
Not for me then you'd be dead
I picked you up and put you back
On solid ground
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

hahahahahahahahahahaha

I LOVE IT Mad just love it!!!
I was always AFK!
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

OH My!!

What a day ... got up and went out to some shops so the grubby hands were at the coin purse again. BUT on a good note we can eat for a while. Then I had to "factory" reset my "el Cheapo" 7" tablet running Android 5. Lost a LOT of play time in the offline game. Think I was at level 71 with some really old gear too. And all five characters had tools +2 ... was looking to getting underground at Silverwood. Oh well, start over.

But I did get a new wallpaper, LostKnight, sitting on his throne in Rockheim North, Steinheim i nærheten av Kedington¹ in his formal gear!
→ LostKnight looking very official: Show
LK_In_Rockheim.png
And been all over the place in the forums as well. Think I'll make a coffee and then come out and play!

SellSword

Post by SellSword »

Throne in the sense of a regal throne, I hope? I mean, if it was the other meaning that'd be one truly magnificent stool, well worthy of formal gear. Either way I'll take a gander as soon as I can find the secret passage that leads you directly to my coffee pot... :)
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.