Yes, if other changes are made at same time, or before this
19%
Not even if other changes are made
No votes

Total votes: 36
Ryaca

Re: New heal spell

Post by Ryaca »

Tommy wrote:Aboit the unlimited mana thing... If we didn't have unlimoted mana, you would HAVE TO remove spell resist. A fair trade if you ask me
That's definitely a step in the right direction.
BOO!:ghost:
blitzcraig

Post by blitzcraig »

yes, Ryaca and I do generally agree.. even here on this topic where we clearly do not agree, there are many things we agree on lol... anyway, allow me to address a few of those we do not ;) (not quoting in an effort to keep the thread clean)

95% - yes, I said that over 95% of the players in this game are below level 3000, and most will never reach that level, and I stand behind that statement. I will grant you that I actually said "never see" - here, for me, this is to be understood as "never reach"... though I understand that literally (and therefore in many places) it would be understood as "never come into contact with"... this was not my intent. I agree with you here, most players will "see" accounts that high all over... though most will never own an account that high (and certainly most do not right now) - the confusion on that is my fault for being imprecise with my words

Yes, Mike and I have a great deal of respect for each other. We have worked together on a lot of things, and discussed many, many things... often we agree, many times we have not, but we have remained friendly and productive without fail.

The account I play most actually is not a mage (though my highest level is a mage) - I do not play nearly every day anymore - To be honest, I don't understand your concern here... these would serve only to make me less biased, not more. Additionally, I've not been very active at all for over a year now, and yet I think still nobody had posted more on the forum (or in chat groups with Compbatant) than I have about ways the game mechanics (primarily focused on mages - including unlimited mana, good point to bring back up somewhere) need to be fixed...

Mages do absolutely heal attackers... both as they're not always targeted, and also lower levels hanging out just to heal block or stun

now, with all that said, let's go to refocus a bit on topic as you suggested - - -

the original question is "should mages have a heal-self spell?"

to be honest, I have not seen a negative explanation directly dealing with the question. Saying that mages are overpowered is irrelevant here, unless this will make them more powerful. I contend that it will not (especially if the area heal spell no longer healed the caster, but either way, it would not help in PVP against similar level players) ... what exactly is your fear with this? If you identify that for me, I think we could move forward with a more accurate discussion :D
Beeware the Spiral Blitzbees...
⬜ 💣 🌏
Ryaca

Post by Ryaca »

blitzcraig wrote:yes, Ryaca and I do generally agree.. even here on this topic where we clearly do not agree, there are many things we agree on lol... anyway, allow me to address a few of those we do not ;) (not quoting in an effort to keep the thread clean)

95% - yes, I said that over 95% of the players in this game are below level 3000, and most will never reach that level, and I stand behind that statement. I will grant you that I actually said "never see" - here, for me, this is to be understood as "never reach"... though I understand that literally (and therefore in many places) it would be understood as "never come into contact with"... this was not my intent. I agree with you here, most players will "see" accounts that high all over... though most will never own an account that high (and certainly most do not right now) - the confusion on that is my fault for being imprecise with my words

Yes, Mike and I have a great deal of respect for each other. We have worked together on a lot of things, and discussed many, many things... often we agree, many times we have not, but we have remained friendly and productive without fail.

The account I play most actually is not a mage (though my highest level is a mage) - I do not play nearly every day anymore - To be honest, I don't understand your concern here... these would serve only to make me less biased, not more. Additionally, I've not been very active at all for over a year now, and yet I think still nobody had posted more on the forum (or in chat groups with Compbatant) than I have about ways the game mechanics (primarily focused on mages - including unlimited mana, good point to bring back up somewhere) need to be fixed...

Mages do absolutely heal attackers... both as they're not always targeted, and also lower levels hanging out just to heal block or stun

now, with all that said, let's go to refocus a bit on topic as you suggested - - -

the original question is "should mages have a heal-self spell?"

to be honest, I have not seen a negative explanation directly dealing with the question. Saying that mages are overpowered is irrelevant here, unless this will make them more powerful. I contend that it will not (especially if the area heal spell no longer healed the caster, but either way, it would not help in PVP against similar level players) ... what exactly is your fear with this? If you identify that for me, I think we could move forward with a more accurate discussion :D
As always Blitz, I like your response. You are right. Most of the time I agree with your suggestions and points 90% of the time. Believe it or not, I have read a lot of your posts from old threads as I thoroughly enjoy reading very old posts and I sincerely hope that Gandalf doesn't ever delete them, at least before I have a chance to read them all a few times.
Let us see where this thread goes from here. Many have made valid points and there will be more to come. Keep the suggestions coming. I'm going to leave this one alone because this one is sore subject for me. Well, I'm off to the basement under the library of FT to dust off some dusty old tomes and read about the history of FT and the communities posts throughout the years.
BOO!:ghost:
blitzcraig

Post by blitzcraig »

Thank you... go enjoy the game and your reading -
I hope you'll consider coming back to this topic after a little break ;)

EDIT - and it's great to know that some old ideas and conversations (mine and others) are still being read and considered - I appreciate you letting me know that :)
Beeware the Spiral Blitzbees...
⬜ 💣 🌏
DAVEmanda

Post by DAVEmanda »

Khmer wrote:My final thoughts on this topic,

Compbatant is very, very, very, slowly working FT issues out, and if you truly think about it, Mages are still overpowered, I'm a 7k Ogre, who has fought the 'coup de grâce'!

Speaking honestly, I realize true honesty(an oxymoron) in FT is rare, however, I'm one of a select few in FT that can, I've been level 50, 150, 500, 1500, 2k etc... and I've spent much time at all levels, I have grinded in this game more than most anyone, no one has built more tower levels, finishing quests, top 95%.

So in conclusion,

I wonder why a mage is spoken about so often?

Should not a 5 k swordsman be competitive with a 5k ogre, a 100lvl dwarf with a 100lvl archer? so I query... Why is a mage considered special, the most dominant character in FT, and yet there is, on this forum anyway, I assume it floats, an extreme bias, and yet you still, attacking my last nerve, ask for more , a deadly sin :mrgreen:

I disagree with you completely. I know what I am telling. You can be 10k but your ogre will still drop for a skilled "low level" . And for group battles if you a carry full unfrezee you can take that 3 characters maybe you
u aren't skilled enoughand yea . 2k mage can even tank 5k sword if get some help and if you haven't full strength set that isn't most used in group battles. And what you tell that you are the only one that has been doing quest , level upping tower etc. Man you aren't alone in FT community and that low levels I guess that most of them have been playing on friend accounts also. Sadly but yes , you can see a level 100 playing a 3k account of a friend . Just look at JM accounts lol
Accounts :
DAVE_manda
Dave_mago
Dave_pesca
Dave_enano
Dave_shot
Red_Croc
Green_Croc
PurpleCroc
MultiCroc
---

GAME TRANSLATOR (Spanish)

GAME TESTER

Seguir las reglas del juego. Si tenéis alguna duda enviarme un mensaje privado. Gracias
Khmer

Post by Khmer »

Humble_M wrote:
Khmer wrote:
Humble_M wrote:I did my best to provide a neutral reply...and not drag my poor mage into the conversation! but...since you mentioned it, aren't mages the only characters currently affected by this?
One might say, why are we not conversing about a dwarves pvp impotence or some other imbalance, and yet we continue to talk about how to make a Mage more powerful!
I keep hearing everyone say how powerful mages are, yet in all the time that I've played, I've yet to come across a mage over level 1000! I'm barely getting by and my level is mid 240s.
Keep playing :D
Khmer

Post by Khmer »

Humble_M wrote:As for me, I'd have no problem if the mage's heal spell were altered or eliminated. I use it occassionally for PvM. I can't say for PvP since I avoid that game play whenever possible.
so void this comment :twisted:
Khmer

Post by Khmer »

DAVEmanda wrote:

Compbatant is very, very, very, slowly working FT issues out, and if you truly think about it, Mages are still overpowered, I'm a 7k Ogre, who has fought the 'coup de grâce'!

Speaking honestly, I realize true honesty(an oxymoron) in FT is rare, however, I'm one of a select few in FT that can, I've been level 50, 150, 500, 1500, 2k etc... and I've spent much time at all levels, I have grinded in this game more than most anyone, no one has built more tower levels, finishing quests, top 95%.

So in conclusion,

Should not a 5 k swordsman be competitive with a 5k ogre, a 100lvl dwarf with a 100lvl archer? so I query... Why is a mage considered special, the most dominant character in FT, and yet there is, on this forum anyway, I assume it floats, an extreme bias, and yet you still, attacking my last nerve, ask for more , a deadly sin :mrgreen:

I disagree with you completely. I know what I am telling. You can be 10k but your ogre will still drop for a skilled "low level" . And for group battles if you a carry full unfrezee you can take that 3 characters maybe you
u aren't skilled enoughand yea . 2k mage can even tank 5k sword if get some help and if you haven't full strength set that isn't most used in group battles. And what you tell that you are the only one that has been doing quest , level upping tower etc. Man you aren't alone in FT community and that low levels I guess that most of them have been playing on friend accounts also. Sadly but yes , you can see a level 100 playing a 3k account of a friend . Just look at JM accounts lol

A 10k ogre will still drop for a skilled low level... that has caused me to create a term for this post, maybe it catches on, 'Manda nonsense!'
and P.S. bring the skilled, Bruce lee skilled, low level to 'drop' my less than 10k Ogre, Khmer, hes at 3,-3. Otherwise, I agree with you :D
DAVEmanda

Post by DAVEmanda »

Khmer wrote:
DAVEmanda wrote:

So in conclusion,

A 10k ogre will still drop for a skilled low level... that has caused me to create a term for this post, maybe it catches on, 'Manda nonsense!'
and P.S. bring the skilled, Bruce lee skilled, low level to 'drop' my less than 10k Ogre, Khmer, hes at 3,-3. Otherwise, I agree with you :D
Yes a 2k with seiges can get you :P
Accounts :
DAVE_manda
Dave_mago
Dave_pesca
Dave_enano
Dave_shot
Red_Croc
Green_Croc
PurpleCroc
MultiCroc
---

GAME TRANSLATOR (Spanish)

GAME TESTER

Seguir las reglas del juego. Si tenéis alguna duda enviarme un mensaje privado. Gracias
Khmer

Post by Khmer »

DAVEmanda wrote:
Khmer wrote:
DAVEmanda wrote:

Yes a 2k with seiges can get you :P
You say a 2 k can get you with sieges, more 'Manda nonsense', a 2k runs around the mulberry bush but as for attack, he has nothing!