Yes, if other changes are made at same time, or before this
19%
Not even if other changes are made
No votes

Total votes: 36
MadMikael

Re: New heal spell

Post by MadMikael »

Leone wrote: I actually believe the self heal spell is a great idea, but only if the imbalances are fully resolved.
Here is the most important point, noted above. I've touched on it briefly in the other thread.

This note should go to all, but especially to those who say no:

This vote is only "should a mage have a self heal spell"
I see many are voting no because of it would imbalance the current system.
Well... there's the issue right there.

Every class might benefit from a little tweaking. I went over this in the balance thread.
Swordsman 4th skill. Dwarf PvP skill. Archers using shields? - don't know about that one. How do you fire a bow with only one hand? Oh, a crossbow.. well, how do you reload it then?

ANYWAY
If you feel so strongly about another class.... make a poll about it... don't downvote this one simply because mage is not your class...
The purpose of this vote was more focused on whether it makes sense that the mage cannot heal himself or not.

I'm hoping to see some more polls - and votes pop up in the coming days.
RETIRED [GM] - Game Master

Please contact GM Inbox for help if you need it.

⬇️ GM Inbox contact link ⬇️
ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=9711
Khmer

Post by Khmer »

haha2ya wrote:yes :) mages are really need a new heal spell as there arer many blockers
Great argument :roll:
MadMikael

Post by MadMikael »

Ryaca wrote:Notice some of the posts are from spam accounts started just in the last couple of days from a player or players.
You're right - there are a couple players doing this. (I can see info you cannot, verifying this).
So already, this vote has been tampered with some.
I would say, at least 6 of the yes votes so far can be disregarded.

SMH
Why do some always feel the need to cheat to try and get what they want?

Ryaca

Post by Ryaca »

MadMikael wrote:
Ryaca wrote:Notice some of the posts are from spam accounts started just in the last couple of days from a player or players.
You're right - there are a couple players doing this. (I can see info you cannot, verifying this).
So already, this vote has been tampered with some.
I would say, at least 6 of the yes votes so far can be disregarded.

SMH
Why do some always feel the need to cheat to try and get what they want?
I completely agree with you.
BOO!:ghost:
MadMikael

Post by MadMikael »

Leone wrote: There is the issue. The spell resistance is a means of reducing the gap between mages and other classes. Yet it doesn't fully solve the issue, as players still need to be in groups to have any chance against mages in pvp.)
This raises the point about spell resistant gear - it only works if you have it and you're wearing it!

As a player, I'm relatively poor.
Yes, GMs can create items blah blah blah.... my alts aren't walking around in the best gear usually.
I don't have a huge amount of gold either... ok one account has 1b that I did some trading for, but that is not rich in this game by far.

It is highly unlikely that I'll ever reach really high levels... but even if I did, it would still be less likely that I'd get such gear.
So basically.... I'm never going to be able to compete against mages in this area.

Every class could use a little work I think. I'm waiting for new threads to start ;)

Khmer

Post by Khmer »

My Ogre would like to self heal too, I mean, obviously a 1k heal potion is AWESOME, don't get me wrong, healing 1,400th of my hit points is very comforting!

When I fight a mage and he heals from red to full green in seconds, I think, WOW, maybe my potion was defective or maybe, I need 70 backpacks to hold the equivalent in potions to match a mages healing ability :o .

Mages truly are hard done by though, let's increase their damage too, so instead of leveling 2 or 3 times as fast as other classes, maybe make it 5 times!

In fact, lets change the game from FT to MT - Mage Tales and every non-mage class is placed on a very little, isolated island with 1 stone and 1 tree to share, 1 really expensive shop, where monsters hp are doubled and XP earned is halved, this will allow the mages to really thrive!

Geez, thanks to all these well thought out posts, I now see that mages really have been unfairly treated, disrespected, overlooked and down right stepped on... Please correct this injustice :mrgreen:
Ryaca

Post by Ryaca »

Khmer wrote:My Ogre would like to self heal too, I mean, obviously a 1k heal potion is AWESOME, don't get me wrong, healing 1,400th of my hit points is very comforting!

When I fight a mage and he heals from red to full green in seconds, I think, WOW, maybe my potion was defective or maybe, I need 70 backpacks to hold the equivalent in potions to match a mages healing ability :o .

Mages truly are hard done by though, let's increase their damage too, so instead of leveling 2 or 3 times as fast as other classes, maybe make it 5 times!

In fact, lets change the game from FT to MT - Mage Tales and every non-mage class is placed on a very little, isolated island with 1 stone and 1 tree to share, 1 really expensive shop, where monsters hp are doubled and XP earned is halved, this will allow the mages to really thrive!

Geez, thanks to all these well thought out posts, I now see that mages really have been unfairly treated, disrespected, overlooked and down right stepped on... Please correct this injustice :mrgreen:
I agree with you 100%
BOO!:ghost:
blitzcraig

Post by blitzcraig »

actually, I've said for years that the ogre should have a 4th skill, "regenerate" which allows him to heal while fighting, or heal at double speed while standing still ;)

at any rate, this is off topic, exactly as madmichael had described a few posts up
Beeware the Spiral Blitzbees...
⬜ 💣 🌏
MadMikael

Post by MadMikael »

Khmer wrote:My Ogre would like to self heal too, I mean, obviously a 1k heal potion is AWESOME, don't get me wrong, healing 1,400th of my hit points is very comforting!

Spoiler: Show
spittake.gif
spittake.gif (264.81 KiB) Viewed 3617 times

death911

Post by death911 »

One thing i don't understand why do some people have problem if a mage wants to heal only himself??
It is his mana. He should have the freedom to use it on himself . Is he obliged to heal everybody Close to him and get his mana divided?Why are some people insisting on getting free heal by standing close to the mage? if that's the case then other characters should also have their damage divided while pvp. Say damage reduced by the percentage of spell protection. A character having 95% magic protection should also have 95% damage reduction while in pvp.
What is Death!!
To think our self confidence is lower than that of our enemies is Death!!
Staying alive in battlefield in fear of our enemies is Death!!
Running from our enemy instead of fighting is Death!!