Yes, if other changes are made at same time, or before this
19%
Not even if other changes are made
No votes

Total votes: 36
Mr_Maks

Re: New heal spell

Post by Mr_Maks »

A rather large conversation that can be solved in one step.

You can leveling mage to 500-1000 lvl and heal your other class.This will help you in leveling your main character.In pvp it will also help but not always because as we know in the game there are players of 10000+ level.
Everyone can have this healing simply by having a mage.You need have to play with two devices but believe it worth it.A different option should not be.
death911

Post by death911 »

Someone mentioned making heal spell not affect players with full health.
HUGE +1.
+1 on this from myself as well
What is Death!!
To think our self confidence is lower than that of our enemies is Death!!
Staying alive in battlefield in fear of our enemies is Death!!
Running from our enemy instead of fighting is Death!!
Mr_Maks

Post by Mr_Maks »

Individual heal spell will make the mage virtually invulnerable but will not make his damage to other classes stronger.Heal block is the only way to destroy 10000 mage.This is what prevents this game from being added this spell to the game.
But also playing in the crowd the mage becomes useless(can't heal and make dmg because 90% magical resist make mage incapable of making goof damage).Which makes the archer and ogre more powerful in pvp with all classes except the mage with their 2x dmg ability.
Another problem is that the mage really has an increase in HP for 1 level is too small than it should be.I have 80k hp on 4k lvl my mage. :|
It has 2 solutions:1)Make a gain of hp for 1 level; 2)Stats mana give some HP as str stats does.
Yes,the statistics in the arm always helped the mage, but the mage must have a more mana for dmg to confront the enemies with 90% protection of magic
blitzcraig

Post by blitzcraig »

I'm so tired of the argument that a self heal spell would make a mage unfairly powerful in PvP.... it's nonsense.

The self heal spell, as suggested by most people who would like to see it added to the game, WOULD HEAL LESS THAN THE AMOUNT OF DAMAGE DONE PER SECOND BY THE "FAIR" ATTACKER(S)

For example, let's say a level 800 swordsman has around 2000 strength (including gear and fair dex)... this will do 2,860 damage per second, minus enemy arm, assuming higher dex than the target of course. Now let's say he's fighting a level 800 mage with 1300 natural mana (pretty low dex and arm, but not quite all mana) We'll say he has 601 arm (for an easy example here... this is just an example, not exactly the real math that would have to go into properly setting the strength of the spell) Let's pretend he can average 5.5 spells per second (nobody does this well over time) So the sword is doing 2000 damage per second to the equal level mage. With the regular heal spell, with no blockers, at the suspiciously high 5.5 cps rate, the mage can heal himself 18,150 per second... clearly the sword is no match 1 on 1, which is why there is a need for blockers and other tactics...Which btw, I support all of... anything to create strategy is great as long as it's not cheating or abusing mechanics in some way - But I digress... now back to the proposed self heal spell. Many of us have said there should be one, but recognize that it should not give the mage an unfair advantage in PvP.... it would be useful in PvP against several much lower leveled characters teaming up (who are exploiting the silliness of the fact the mage is forced to heal his enemies) And it would be useful in PvM when too many others are stealing the mage's heal, but it should not give the mage an unfair advantage in "fair" PvP - so let's look again at the numbers... in our example, the sword is doing 2000 dps. If we set the mage to heal 10% lower than that, the mage could not out heal his attacker when in a situation where he's using self heal instead of the normal heal.... so we'll say 2000*0.9/(1300*5.5)≈0.25

meaning the self heal spell would heal at a rate of mana*0.25 per cast... now obviously we've looked at just one level of PvP, at one example of stats for both characters; and it's way, way off anyway because we haven't even considered the non-mages skills, and we've ignored the fact that spells are halved during PvP - again, this is just a simple example to look at how we could determine a fair way to make the spell work to fix the absurd idea that the mage cannot simply heal himself, without further unbalancing the classes.

Now we'll notice that the simple example here would point to a spell about 1/5th the strength of the normal heal spell (accounting only for halving during PvP, while still ignoring a lot of things which would need to be figured) --- I believe it's very possible that the actual numbers we would eventually settle on would encourage us to implement the self heal spell, while reducing the regular heal spell a bit... but that's maybe a different conversation :p

So please, as we continue this conversation, let us refrain from saying how OP the mage will become. Thank you.
Beeware the Spiral Blitzbees...
⬜ 💣 🌏
GOLGREN

Post by GOLGREN »

GOLGREN BEEN AN OGRE ALL HIS LIFE AND WILL EAT MAGE HEAL SPELL RAAAAAAAAAAAAAOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!
DAVEmanda

Post by DAVEmanda »

GOLGREN wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:51 pm GOLGREN BEEN AN OGRE ALL HIS LIFE AND WILL EAT MAGE HEAL SPELL RAAAAAAAAAAAAAOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Accounts :
DAVE_manda
Dave_mago
Dave_pesca
Dave_enano
Dave_shot
Red_Croc
Green_Croc
PurpleCroc
MultiCroc
---

GAME TRANSLATOR (Spanish)

GAME TESTER

Seguir las reglas del juego. Si tenéis alguna duda enviarme un mensaje privado. Gracias
DAVEmanda

Post by DAVEmanda »

Mr_Maks wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:04 am A rather large conversation that can be solved in one step.

You can leveling mage to 500-1000 lvl and heal your other class.This will help you in leveling your main character.In pvp it will also help but not always because as we know in the game there are players of 10000+ level.
Everyone can have this healing simply by having a mage.You need have to play with two devices but believe it worth it.A different option should not be.
I do this sometimes and really HATE this . Because I need two devices . And not easy to play in two devices . Also neee TWO devices. I lvl so fast when I do but its very tired
Accounts :
DAVE_manda
Dave_mago
Dave_pesca
Dave_enano
Dave_shot
Red_Croc
Green_Croc
PurpleCroc
MultiCroc
---

GAME TRANSLATOR (Spanish)

GAME TESTER

Seguir las reglas del juego. Si tenéis alguna duda enviarme un mensaje privado. Gracias
snehaji

Post by snehaji »

Yes
ryaca_

Post by ryaca_ »

blitzcraig wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:32 pm most of this discussion is centered around mages at ridiculously high levels which the VAST majority of players will never see - somebody commented earlier that unless you've played PVP with characters over level 3,000 you don't know what you're talking about with this game... I disagree. 95%+ of the players in FT have never seen that level (and most likely never will)
HA! :D look at ft now.
ryaca_

Post by ryaca_ »

the problem with this thread is that most that posted were low level noobs and really had no idea what they were talking about. now 3k is the new norm. look at all the high levels running around ft now. so that 95% of players that will never reach that level statement was not at all true. but noobs ya know.