19%
Not even if other changes are made
No votes

Total votes: 36
MadMikael

Re: New heal spell

Post by MadMikael »

Ryaca wrote:
MadMikael wrote: I can't stress this enough. Yes, the players who pay for high levels do make a great contribution to the game. But they are the minority, and IMO they are not the form of steady income that keeps the game going. Its basically a one time purchase, and negates many other purchases. IMO the steady flow of income comes from those who buy most frequently - these are the lower levels, and a large part are newer players. Pet purchases are a big factor - not purchased as often at higher levels. By my observations, a typical new player will play for a while, get hooked, make several purchases... then they either move on, or they stay. This moves them into the category of regular players... where pet purchases can be more frequent, and the odds of other purchases more likely. All one time purchases, such as levels, houses, backpacks etc. are nice income, but once bought that income usually ceases, or becomes sporadic. The exception are those who may have many alts or houses... still though, the temporary purchases are where the game gets the most support IMO.
I have made purchases since day 1 and I still make purchases. I looked at all of my google play receipts and is a lot of purchases. I know that many others that buy levels also continue to make purchases so I disagree with you about purchases being a 1 time thing.

I know of a player that is level 10k+ and a player that is almost 10k and two players that are over 7k. That's like $35,000 dollars that has went straight into Compbatant's pocket. He probably took a nice long vacation with that money. So I have to disagree with you that bought high level players don't contribute the most to FT with their purchases. And that is only a "MINORITY" of the many players that have contributed large amounts of money to this game, players that have purchased thousands of levels. Minority? Maybe, but not by much.

But you're not reading my words.
Over time, these one time purchases don't mean much.
It's continued purchases that keep things going.
Of all these players who have such high levels - how many are still making purchases, and how often?

If you look at the timeline, a single large influx of 35k would not be a large amount.
It's like when you're level 5 and someone gives you 1m gold. You think you're rich.
When you get to level 100, the amount is laughable to you.
This is the point... these large purchases are still the minority, and not the major source of income in the long run.
Think about it... how many pets are bought in a day? A week? A month? A year?
Do the math.
RETIRED [GM] - Game Master

Please contact GM Inbox for help if you need it.

⬇️ GM Inbox contact link ⬇️
ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=9711
Ryaca

Post by Ryaca »

MadMikael wrote:
Ryaca wrote:
MadMikael wrote: I can't stress this enough. Yes, the players who pay for high levels do make a great contribution to the game. But they are the minority, and IMO they are not the form of steady income that keeps the game going. Its basically a one time purchase, and negates many other purchases. IMO the steady flow of income comes from those who buy most frequently - these are the lower levels, and a large part are newer players. Pet purchases are a big factor - not purchased as often at higher levels. By my observations, a typical new player will play for a while, get hooked, make several purchases... then they either move on, or they stay. This moves them into the category of regular players... where pet purchases can be more frequent, and the odds of other purchases more likely. All one time purchases, such as levels, houses, backpacks etc. are nice income, but once bought that income usually ceases, or becomes sporadic. The exception are those who may have many alts or houses... still though, the temporary purchases are where the game gets the most support IMO.
I have made purchases since day 1 and I still make purchases. I looked at all of my google play receipts and is a lot of purchases. I know that many others that buy levels also continue to make purchases so I disagree with you about purchases being a 1 time thing.

I know of a player that is level 10k+ and a player that is almost 10k and two players that are over 7k. That's like $35,000 dollars that has went straight into Compbatant's pocket. He probably took a nice long vacation with that money. So I have to disagree with you that bought high level players don't contribute the most to FT with their purchases. And that is only a "MINORITY" of the many players that have contributed large amounts of money to this game, players that have purchased thousands of levels. Minority? Maybe, but not by much.

But you're not reading my words.
Over time, these one time purchases don't mean much.
It's continued purchases that keep things going.
Of all these players who have such high levels - how many are still making purchases, and how often?

If you look at the timeline, a single large influx of 35k would not be a large amount.
It's like when you're level 5 and someone gives you 1m gold. You think you're rich.
When you get to level 100, the amount is laughable to you.
This is the point... these large purchases are still the minority, and not the major source of income in the long run.
Think about it... how many pets are bought in a day? A week? A month? A year?
Do the math.
35k isn't a large amount in the pocket of the developer????? Many players that have purchased levels are still to this day making purchases.
BOO!:ghost:
MadMikael

Post by MadMikael »

Ryaca wrote: Whatever. Why are you responding bout a quote where I quoted another player? Do you think that he is not capable of answering for himself? I conpletely disagree with you and your argument shows that your emotions are also involved. Go ahead and pick apart my argument if you want. The truth hurts. And don't tell me what I have or haven't seen.
Why? Because this topic interests me, because I like to read both your opinions and his, and because I think things would better progress if we worked together rather than what is happening right now.
Do I think he's capable? of course. But you said yourself something about being allowed to express opinions. I have just as much right as you do.

You can disagree with me all you like.
I never claimed to not have emotion here.
As for picking apart arguments, we can all do that. It's just getting the topic off topic in off topic... I think we can agree on that.
I think we can also agree that if we want something done, we should stop doing it. I'm not claiming I'm not at fault. But neither should you.
The truth always hurts. It has for a long time. And this is not a new topic.
I never told you what you saw or didn't see. I said don't tell me you haven't seen.

Humble_M

Post by Humble_M »

Ryaca wrote: UNLIMITED MANA

Mages at around level 1700 or around that level gain unlimited mana. This is one of the main reason mages are so "ridiculously' overpowered. I have a suggestion: why not make it so that every level that a mage gains, their spells cost more mana to cast? This way even " ridiculously" high level mages will ALWAYS have to worry about running out of mana. MAGES SHOULD HAVE NEVER BEEN ABLE TO HAVE UNLIMITED MANA SO THEY CAN JUST CAST AWAY TO THEIR HEARTS CONTENT!!!!!!! You wanna talk about "stupid" game mechanics? Talk about that
As someone who plays a mage, I need to voice my opinion. A mage's mana is determined by two sources: skill points and gear. Each makes its own contribution. Skill points in mana determine the actual spell cast damage. This mana, along with any mana from gear, determines how many spells are cast. As for your suggestion about increasing spell cast mana, if it were implemented for higher levels (750+), then I'd have no issue. Likewise, the suggestion to adjust the spell cast multiplier would work if applied to higher levels, or eliminated altogether at higher levels. But until then, I need everything that I have just to get there!
It's good to be the king!
-- History of the World - Part I (1981)

username: Humble_M (Mage)
MadMikael

Post by MadMikael »

Ah, I did make the comment of forum posts.
In that regard, I was pointing out that I disagree with your statements, and I didn't think you were considering all of them.
I did choose my words poorly in that original statement.
I also forget, that many of the posts are no longer available.
I have to keep this in mind - as some of the history is lost and is only remembered by those who experienced it.

Ryaca

Post by Ryaca »

MadMikael wrote:
Ryaca wrote: Whatever. Why are you responding bout a quote where I quoted another player? Do you think that he is not capable of answering for himself? I conpletely disagree with you and your argument shows that your emotions are also involved. Go ahead and pick apart my argument if you want. The truth hurts. And don't tell me what I have or haven't seen.
Why? Because this topic interests me, because I like to read both your opinions and his, and because I think things would better progress if we worked together rather than what is happening right now.
Do I think he's capable? of course. But you said yourself something about being allowed to express opinions. I have just as much right as you do.

You can disagree with me all you like.
I never claimed to not have emotion here.
As for picking apart arguments, we can all do that. It's just getting the topic off topic in off topic... I think we can agree on that.
I think we can also agree that if we want something done, we should stop doing it. I'm not claiming I'm not at fault. But neither should you.
The truth always hurts. It has for a long time. And this is not a new topic.
I never told you what you saw or didn't see. I said don't tell me you haven't seen.
Nah. And you did tell me what I have seen. How do you know what I have seen? It's obvious you and blitz are very close. I can agree with you that this is getting off topic and I am glad that you agree that your emotions are involved and that you can admit that you are not always right. That's what I have always liked and respected about you. You don't claim to be a superhero and you admit that you are not perfect. I like that you took the time to respond to my post. I needed to vent some things off of my chest and I believe that I can do that here on the forums. For what it's worth, I do believe Blitz was biased in his post but people are allowed to be passionate when they feel strongly about something. I'm thankful that we don't talk about politics here on the forums. I promise I won't add anymore to this thread unless it specifically has to do with the topic at hand.
Ryaca

Post by Ryaca »

Humble_M wrote:
Ryaca wrote: UNLIMITED MANA

Mages at around level 1700 or around that level gain unlimited mana. This is one of the main reason mages are so "ridiculously' overpowered. I have a suggestion: why not make it so that every level that a mage gains, their spells cost more mana to cast? This way even " ridiculously" high level mages will ALWAYS have to worry about running out of mana. MAGES SHOULD HAVE NEVER BEEN ABLE TO HAVE UNLIMITED MANA SO THEY CAN JUST CAST AWAY TO THEIR HEARTS CONTENT!!!!!!! You wanna talk about "stupid" game mechanics? Talk about that
As someone who plays a mage, I need to voice my opinion. A mage's mana is determined by two sources: skill points and gear. Each makes its own contribution. Skill points in mana determine the actual spell cast damage. This mana, along with any mana from gear, determines how many spells are cast. As for your suggestion about increasing spell cast mana, if it were implemented for higher levels (750+), then I'd have no issue. Likewise, the suggestion to adjust the spell cast multiplier would work if applied to higher levels, or eliminated altogether at higher levels. But until then, I need everything that I have just to get there!

Agreed.
MadMikael

Post by MadMikael »

Ryaca wrote: Nah. And you did tell me what I have seen. How do you know what I have seen? It's obvious you and blitz are very close. I can agree with you that this is getting off topic and I am glad that you agree that your emotions are involved and that you can admit that you are not always right. That's what I have always liked and respected about you. You don't claim to be a superhero and you admit that you are not perfect. I like that you took the time to respond to my post. I needed to vent some things off of my chest and I believe that I can do that here on the forums. For what it's worth, I do believe Blitz was biased in his post but people are allowed to be passionate when they feel strongly about something. I'm thankful that we don't talk about politics here on the forums. I promise I won't add anymore to this thread unless it specifically has to do with the topic at hand.
Yes, when emotion gets carried away, we get looser with our words.
I've done this in my past several posts - I'm cringing at them.
When angry, people use words to emphasize and exaggerate - so did I.
So to any others reading, keep that in mind, that my above statements may not be fully accurate when written in such context.
Context always matters.

This argument has a silver lining though.
We've proven this much - this topic is important, that it affects many, that it affects everyone differently, that it is very important to some, that it is not a new argument, and that some of us feel very strongly about it.

It's also pointed out other points - we love FT, and we are passionate about it.

The thing is, passion fuels creativity, creativity fuels progress.
Bringing together people like this can only be a good thing IMO.
So, to Ryaca, I say to you: don't stop voicing your opinions. They are always welcome here. You got heated, I got heated, we exchanged some words... but in the end we still have mutual respect and we still like reading each others posts.

I'm going to take a break from this and reflect.
In parting, I'll say two things:
1. Yes, I'm a GM. To be one I had to make many sacrifices. But I never gave up the desire to express my opinion as well. I became a GM to try and help improve the game - so I would be a hypocrite if I censored myself completely.

2. Let's not ever go back to the money topic again if we can help it. None of us are getting anything out of it. How much one spends should not matter to any of us specifically.

Ryaca

Post by Ryaca »

MadMikael wrote:
Ryaca wrote: Nah. And you did tell me what I have seen. How do you know what I have seen? It's obvious you and blitz are very close. I can agree with you that this is getting off topic and I am glad that you agree that your emotions are involved and that you can admit that you are not always right. That's what I have always liked and respected about you. You don't claim to be a superhero and you admit that you are not perfect. I like that you took the time to respond to my post. I needed to vent some things off of my chest and I believe that I can do that here on the forums. For what it's worth, I do believe Blitz was biased in his post but people are allowed to be passionate when they feel strongly about something. I'm thankful that we don't talk about politics here on the forums. I promise I won't add anymore to this thread unless it specifically has to do with the topic at hand.
Yes, when emotion gets carried away, we get looser with our words.
I've done this in my past several posts - I'm cringing at them.
When angry, people use words to emphasize and exaggerate - so did I.
So to any others reading, keep that in mind, that my above statements may not be fully accurate when written in such context.
Context always matters.

This argument has a silver lining though.
We've proven this much - this topic is important, that it affects many, that it affects everyone differently, that it is very important to some, that it is not a new argument, and that some of us feel very strongly about it.

It's also pointed out other points - we love FT, and we are passionate about it.

The thing is, passion fuels creativity, creativity fuels progress.
Bringing together people like this can only be a good thing IMO.
So, to Ryaca, I say to you: don't stop voicing your opinions. They are always welcome here. You got heated, I got heated, we exchanged some words... but in the end we still have mutual respect and we still like reading each others posts.

I'm going to take a break from this and reflect.
In parting, I'll say two things:
1. Yes, I'm a GM. To be one I had to make many sacrifices. But I never gave up the desire to express my opinion as well. I became a GM to try and help improve the game - so I would be a hypocrite if I censored myself completely.

2. Let's not ever go back to the money topic again if we can help it. None of us are getting anything out of it. How much one spends should not matter to any of us specifically.
Best most productive post that I have read in a long time. Agree 100%
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

Aboit the unlimited mana thing... If we didn't have unlimoted mana, you would HAVE TO remove spell resist. A fair trade if you ask me