It's already started...

As the description says!

Moderator: Game Administrators

DaHobbit

Re: It's already started...

Post by DaHobbit »

I completely understand the feelings. I haven't thrown a good spawn event in a very long time. There are so many times that I have the urge to do so - so I get to planning one. I wonder which map I might start on (3.1 used to be the go to spawn map). My new spawn map hasn't been uploaded yet. Anyway I start thinking about the spawn and how many players in the area begin to enjoy it. Then a mid-level player will show up and wipe out all the spawn - leaving the 20-30 low level players that were having fun now with nothing to do. I can spawn something bigger to keep the mid-level player occupied, but a few swords/archers/ogres will come and destroy it, taking huge amounts of the xp while the mid-level player cleans up the remaining mess. Then big level players show up and I can't spawn anything for them unless it's weak enough to not harm the low level players. And of course, the low level players would work all day long on one monster that was spawned for a high level player. Player complaints continue and progressively get worse. Soon, I've been called several names, been told I've wasted everyone's time - and so many other rude comments. It only goes downhill. So, I reconsider my plan. No spawn event. Just go to start map and see who I can help with this issue or that one.
DaHobbit - Game Master (GM)
blitzcraig

Post by blitzcraig »

I've been in there a bit the last couple days - it's great to see some old familiar names, and tons of people I don't know; and you (GMs) brought us together there - I know it can get frustrating for sure, but remember that most the players appreciate it, even when it doesn't go quite as planned lol (the whiny jerks are just typically louder... don't let that make you think most people are like them ;) )

and thanks for the events :D
Beeware the Spiral Blitzbees...
⬜ 💣 🌏
rearrow

Post by rearrow »

realy loved these events in the past and the new ones too.
They are a great way to have fun and where you have to keep on your toes with the different spawns going on.
They also bring players together and you wl often see enemies healing or tanking for eachother.

xp wise they probably give less xp then a good autospawn with pets on regular map. (lol i tend to end up with less xp then when i start because i will go for hard npcs). Its all about fun.
Please keep at it, dont let whiners get to you. And things are said in the heat of battle. i complain about lost pets too. then gey back and have fun without them.

and FUN THESE PARTIES ARE
MadMikael

Post by MadMikael »

I'm not going to give up yet.
But some players need to accept certain facts.
It's impossible to balance a party for all the various levels.
Today, I saw kalou01(10k+), Tommy(9.5k+), Isoril(5.5k+), and a few other notables of 3k+.
Between 5 players, I had over 30k levels there, all at once. And 30 more players there at least.
So, I added more spawn.
Was almost going decent, until they left.

There will need to be rooms, separated by walls, to separate challenges.
This will require teleporters - that is a fact. BTW - a door is actually the same thing as a teleporter in FT mechanics.
Due to how teleports affect pets - I cannot come up with any way of doing this that pets will be safe - yet.
I'm looking for ideas.
Is there any door or teleporter, that blocks pets 100% of the time?
Please give me the exact map number - don't tell me "the so-and-so dungeon under the so-and-so place on the so-and-so quest".
If it was added after the blitzbee island update - I likely don't know it.
Please Note: Show
I started training to be a GM the day the blitzbee island update was released.
That very day I had to make the choice - play the game for content, or be a GM.
It took me almost 2 years just to finish playing that update - and I'm not sure if I did complete it all.
Playing the game is something I chose to sacrifice long ago.
RETIRED [GM] - Game Master

Please contact GM Inbox for help if you need it.

⬇️ GM Inbox contact link ⬇️
ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=9711
ardesia

Post by ardesia »

I believe there is nothing of the sort - apart perhaps what compbatant is working at for new DaHobbit's map.

If there was such a teleport or door, Kromelg would know about it and we would see it in use in Underground Bossess Rooms, instead of a normal door, for the pets-saving-room
[GM] ardesia :: Game Admin :: Currently retired
If you need contacting me, write my vasinta forum account a message
MadMikael

Post by MadMikael »

Ahhh sorry, meant to post here - sidetracked with work.
The Coliseum opened again a few hours ago.
DaHobbit showed me a way to teleport with pets, and leave them parked outside.

The redesign was made with this in mind (the doors in this iteration should be left out next time I think).
There's two teleporters, one entering, and one exiting, very close to each other.
First, park your pets a distance away from the entry. Not overly far, or it won't work.
When you click the teleporter, pets should go with you - but you'll appear right next to the exit teleporter.
Exit (quickly if needed); you'll appear next to the entrance teleporter - and your pets will walk to their parked space.
As they are walking, enter again - they will not teleport if they are walking.

I added some signs to attempt to explain:
Spoiler: Show
ft1022pets1.PNG
ft1022pets1.PNG (382.15 KiB) Viewed 3653 times
ft1022pets2.PNG
ft1022pets2.PNG (297.75 KiB) Viewed 3653 times
ft1022pets3.PNG
ft1022pets3.PNG (256.72 KiB) Viewed 3653 times
ft1022pets4.PNG
ft1022pets4.PNG (292.03 KiB) Viewed 3653 times
I cannot take credit for this one, I think my fellow GM was just trying to get me blamed :lol:
ft1022coliseumhobbsdesign.PNG
ft1022coliseumhobbsdesign.PNG (859.87 KiB) Viewed 3653 times
(I added teleports inside the letters if someone got trapped)
And then, if you experience lag at any event, I suggest this:
ft1022coliseumzoomin.PNG
ft1022coliseumzoomin.PNG (591.05 KiB) Viewed 3653 times

rearrow

Post by rearrow »

i wonder if the same mechanic which is used to store pets in housses could be used, combined with how the same chest is used by players in the tavern.

something like a kennel where you place your pets in when going into the coloseum and where they autoremoved if you leave.

not something mods could do but maybe compbatant.
Arashiko

Post by Arashiko »

rearrow wrote:i wonder if the same mechanic which is used to store pets in housses could be used, combined with how the same chest is used by players in the tavern.

something like a kennel where you place your pets in when going into the coloseum and where they autoremoved if you leave.

not something mods could do but maybe compbatant.
Huge +1
Arashiko Senior GM (RETIRED )
Now playing again as Arozel.

MadMikael

Post by MadMikael »

For programming ideas, you should post in the Suggestions forum please.

If you have ideas on the events that I can actually do, I'd be glad to hear them.
On that note, I'll be making a post later on that explains what I can and cannot do, as I know that players really have little idea.
There's nothing wrong with giving me suggestions, but some are just unrealistic, or not possible with the tools I have.

For today:

Server restart is daily at 10:13 FT time. That's 04:13 in my timezone.
I got up at 0300ish, did the serious GM stuff on my list.
I started working on the coliseum at around 04:15
I opened it to the public at 08:00 my time (14:00 FT time)

I'll post more details later.

EDIT: 08:00 in my timezone is 14:00 in FT time; I posted wrong originally
and, check out this post if you wish to know what goes into setting up events like this.

DOOMSDAY

Post by DOOMSDAY »

WAS DEALING NO DAMAGE OR SKILL.
WAS DEALING NO DAMAGE OR SKILL.
Screenshot_20171024-235103.png (621.47 KiB) Viewed 3625 times