Politics and dollar signs

As the description says!

Moderator: Game Administrators

MadMikael

Re: Politics and dollar signs

Post by MadMikael »

Well said Tarlin :)
Very well done :D

I could only add a single observation that has proven true in almost every single case:

When referring to money, or game mechanics, the term "they" is used to describe a group of some kind, usually in a negative context
Very much in a "conspiracy theory" type setting
The sad fact is, this shows that the one saying it tends to rely more on "common rumour" than fact

Here's a fact - when it comes to those decisions - THERE IS NO "THEY"
compbatant is a one-man army in terms of FT
he's done it on his own - and I applaud him for it - as it's not been an easy road to get where the game is today
apart from hiring artists, there are no paid employees, nor a board or committee to make decisions, as I understand it

when it comes to rules, sure, there IS a "they", as that's where GMs come in
but not for the really important stuff - like how the game actually works
GMs are simply players with responsibilities, but we don't make those kind of decisions
we can try to advise, but really, we fall into the same boat as the rest of you - why do you think GMs still post in the suggestions forum? smh

so a note to all - if you hear someone talking about "they" in the context of mechanics or money, you can bet that person saying it is perpetuating a rumour they heard from another player, and usually, they're just trying to stir up trouble in some fashion

EDIT: yes, I used "they" at the end :lol:
RETIRED [GM] - Game Master

Please contact GM Inbox for help if you need it.

⬇️ GM Inbox contact link ⬇️
ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=9711
Tarlin

Post by Tarlin »

MadMikael wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:22 pm EDIT: yes, I used "they" at the end :lol:
I thought you said that you never edited your posts? :)
MadMikael

Post by MadMikael »

Tarlin wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:28 pm
MadMikael wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:22 pm EDIT: yes, I used "they" at the end :lol:
I thought you said that you never edited your posts? :)
I don't think I worded it that way - at least, that was not what I meant

I meant, I don't edit out mistakes like, when I say something stupid :lol:

I will edit out typos though - still the same word, just spelled correctly; this really helps too if someone is using a translator
Translators do not like typos or slang, for examples

If I add a thought, I will usually mark it as "EDIT", in case it wasn't there the first time you read the post
I won't add the word "EDIT" for typos though....

There are many, who will say something, and once proven wrong, they'll change what they said, or erase it completely - that was my meaning when I said "that's not my style"

Ok, yes, I have done this on rare occasion - but usually, this would stem directly from me posting something completely incorrect or similar
The only other time is when I'm editing something "official", but those tend not to have personal opinions in them

I'm always walking a tightrope here... I want to voice my opinions, but if I step out of line, someone will call me on it
the title in my signature is the reason for that
that's ok... I believe in equality... so I do it right back
RETIRED [GM] - Game Master

Please contact GM Inbox for help if you need it.

⬇️ GM Inbox contact link ⬇️
ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=9711
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

For Tarlin's post and all that follow.
↑↑↑ A STANDING OVATION ↑↑↑
I was always AFK!
I was LK, A Friendly Knight.
Eternalz

Post by Eternalz »

Tarlin wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:09 pm
TRAXXAS wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:39 am They only care about the money mute. I wish i found this game when it first came out. I bet it was alot more fun then.
TRAXXAS, maybe I am the one confused, but what point are you trying to make? You play this game for personal entertainment, and it is YOUR choice to play this game. The game developer created this game probably for a couple of reasons: Passion for RPG's and MMO's; Pleasure from developing a product all his own, his own brand; Financial revenue to support himself and/or his family.

You do not go into a bar and billiards establishment, order food and drinks, play 4 hours of pool, and then complain to your friends and family and the owner of the establishment that you had to pay for the services you were provided do you? NO! It was YOUR choice to go there as part of your personal recreation time and to partake in what was offered to you. Now, this game works the same way. You choose to spend your free time invested into this game to whatever degree or amount you choose. You choose to spend money or not in this game. Others choose these same options for themselves. The game was created so that you can have these choices, play to whatever style suits you best. No rule says you have to financially support this game in any way. The point that you are trying to establish has become totally lost on me. There is no right answer it seems that you can be given in order to put at-ease your concern or disdain for the game. Maybe I am missing what your overall point is though, so if you can better explain it I would love to hear it.

At this point it just comes across that you have a pure disdain for the game itself, and this leads me to ask why do you play it? The game making profit to the creator (which really we have no idea if it even does because he has to return a portion of that investment back INTO this game to keep it running) should not upset you. We all have careers, jobs, sources of income or retired from such a position... so why cast evil glares at someone for how they chose to earn their living?

By the way, look at the signature you use, that alone contradicts most of the validity of your posts in this topic. The game creator has to make his money too!

Please do not misunderstand, I am not trying to be offensive and if you take offense to this post then I am sorry that you perceived it as anything less than what it is... A request for further explanation. I have stated only facts in this post and have not personally attacked you, so again, if you could explain what your end goal or even what outcome you are trying to achieve from this is, it would be greatly appreciated.
I know I'm super late to this thread but I feel that's a very flawed argument and it's commonly used in many games. If someone is not happy with the way a game is running, they have the right to criticize it. Your bar example does not match with what Trax said. He's not complaining about the fact that he paid for the game, rather he wants some balance in the game. People can spend their money on whatever they want, but that shouldn't ruin the balance and overall experience for all other players in the game.

Even if one did spend money on a game, I feel they have the RIGHT to complain. You invested time and money on a game, if you feel something is out of balance, you have the right to speak up. After all, you've been paying for the product. You can't just tell someone it's their fault for choosing to allocate their time and money towards something. If you buy a product, and it's flawed, you're going to complain, not sit back and think about how foolish you were to spend money on the product.

Anyway I feel Trax is in the right to bring up these suggestions. He's been playing the game for a long time and has invested time and money. Btw his forum signature is a line from a song.

Btw what up trax. I never knew you listened to wutang lol.
TRAXXAS

Post by TRAXXAS »

Eternalz wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:37 am
TRAXXAS wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:39 am They only care about the money mute. I wish i found this game when it first came out. I bet it was alot more fun then.
TRAXXAS, maybe I am the one confused, but what point are you trying to make? You play this game for personal entertainment, and it is YOUR choice to play this game. The game developer created this game probably for a couple of reasons: Passion for RPG's and MMO's; Pleasure from developing a product all his own, his own brand; Financial revenue to support himself and/or his family.

You do not go into a bar and billiards establishment, order food and drinks, play 4 hours of pool, and then complain to your friends and family and the owner of the establishment that you had to pay for the services you were provided do you? NO! It was YOUR choice to go there as part of your personal recreation time and to partake in what was offered to you. Now, this game works the same way. You choose to spend your free time invested into this game to whatever degree or amount you choose. You choose to spend money or not in this game. Others choose these same options for themselves. The game was created so that you can have these choices, play to whatever style suits you best. No rule says you have to financially support this game in any way. The point that you are trying to establish has become totally lost on me. There is no right answer it seems that you can be given in order to put at-ease your concern or disdain for the game. Maybe I am missing what your overall point is though, so if you can better explain it I would love to hear it.

At this point it just comes across that you have a pure disdain for the game itself, and this leads me to ask why do you play it? The game making profit to the creator (which really we have no idea if it even does because he has to return a portion of that investment back INTO this game to keep it running) should not upset you. We all have careers, jobs, sources of income or retired from such a position... so why cast evil glares at someone for how they chose to earn their living?

By the way, look at the signature you use, that alone contradicts most of the validity of your posts in this topic. The game creator has to make his money too!

Please do not misunderstand, I am not trying to be offensive and if you take offense to this post then I am sorry that you perceived it as anything less than what it is... A request for further explanation. I have stated only facts in this post and have not personally attacked you, so again, if you could explain what your end goal or even what outcome you are trying to achieve from this is, it would be greatly appreciated.
I know I'm super late to this thread but I feel that's a very flawed argument and it's commonly used in many games. If someone is not happy with the way a game is running, they have the right to criticize it. Your bar example does not match with what Trax said. He's not complaining about the fact that he paid for the game, rather he wants some balance in the game. People can spend their money on whatever they want, but that shouldn't ruin the balance and overall experience for all other players in the game.

Even if one did spend money on a game, I feel they have the RIGHT to complain. You invested time and money on a game, if you feel something is out of balance, you have the right to speak up. After all, you've been paying for the product. You can't just tell someone it's their fault for choosing to allocate their time and money towards something. If you buy a product, and it's flawed, you're going to complain, not sit back and think about how foolish you were to spend money on the product.

Anyway I feel Trax is in the right to bring up these suggestions. He's been playing the game for a long time and has invested time and money. Btw his forum signature is a line from a song.

Thats what i was trying make "those" people understand. The game was very different when i started playing now it is basically a p2w game like every other app game. The things that made it different were different from other games which made it really fun. And of course i listen to wu tang my ninja. I grew up in the 90s ... Miss u bud been a long time. Didnt know u still played
Have you ever seen a Mac-11?
New Tech-9 with the extension,
HK, AK-47,
Mayday, Man down, call the reverend,
I put that on the bible boy, count your blessings,
I put that on the bible boy, count your blessings.
(Lyrics by Zuse)
Eternalz

Post by Eternalz »

TRAXXAS wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:48 am
Eternalz wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:37 am

Thats what i was trying make "those" people understand. The game was very different when i started playing now it is basically a p2w game like every other app game. The things that made it different were different from other games which made it really fun. And of course i listen to wu tang my ninja. I grew up in the 90s ... Miss u bud been a long time. Didnt know u still played
I hopped on the game like 2 days ago just to check things out lol. I don't really play anymore. Came on the forums to check what's going on. May start playing again though.
ryaca_

Post by ryaca_ »

necromancy