Politics and dollar signs

As the description says!

Moderator: Game Administrators

mutedawg

Re: Politics and dollar signs

Post by mutedawg »

I was trying to post earlier that maybe there should be a 100lvl limit every week on bought lvls. Its taking away game experience from those buying and those less fortunate to buy lvls.

Rule 0.
The rules are enforced by our staff team. Always listen to the GameMasters (blue or gold named, clan GM), they are in charge!
Read this rule (click "Show") -->: Hide
It is required that when a GM addresses you, you respond, even if only to say, "I do not understand". We do understand language barriers, and will make an attempt to overcome them. However, even if you do not understand their warnings, you may still be punished for rule violations. It is players responsibility, to know the rules and follow them.
It is forbidden to exploit any bug, glitch, or game mechanic from which xp, gold, gear, or any other form of value is too easily gained. Punishment will generally include the loss of everything gained from abusing the exploit, plus whatever additional punishment is deemed fair by the GM team on a case-by-case basis.
It is also forbidden to impersonate a GM. Punishments can be harsh, depending on the case.

So basically people are exploiting buying a coupious amount of lvls in one day. Are those not lvls easily gained the a mechanic in the game menu?

Now i feel its fair anyone can buy 100 lvls once a week and set a cool down like u do with an outlaw or a muted acct. I see what yall been doing on the start map. You gms have great coding skill im sure u could achive that. So this way the less fortunate players can grind strong and stand a better chance to keep up.
Purposing this idea does not infringe on game developers income as they would have a steady revenue for the high rollers who want to buy 1lvl or 10k lvls or 20k lvls. But would have to do so over time so they can still enjoy game. But i guess the game developers would have to be okay with that.
It was sad to see a 5k mage not know how to craft a spectre staff. It was disappointing seeing my ogre lvl 8 mine skill could mine faster then a 10k out fish a 10k both of mage status. Btw love the class perks was a great idea
imo 🙌.
Some GMs discourage the fast travel idea cuz it takes from gaming experience. (Btw madmike i liked yur one way fast travel u had set up was neat n was only accessed from start map) GMs took away being able to fish items equal to player lvl and capped fished items cuz it took away from getting rare gear and was easily obtained.
I feel a 100lvl cap once a week every week is fair compromise on this situation.
If u want to shoot my idea down and say dropping $8k (im going off usd from where i am) in one day is not exploiting a game mechanic then go ahead and bash me. But u will lose the small frys in game who cant swing lvls.. Honestly i bought a house and i buy skins every month or 2 and i buy pets on a need be basis. If they die or i can get better pets. And i treat myself to 10 lvls when i can. But its just a thought i hope GMs and game developers consider this for the future
Shaolin shadow boxing, and the Wu Tang sword style
If what you say is true, the Shaolin and the Wu Tang could be dangerous.
Do you think your Wu Tang sword style can defeat me?
En garde, ill let you try my Wu Tang sword style
mutedawg

Post by mutedawg »

Blitz craig i hope u see how i felt that buying abundent lvls at once is violating the game mechanic of easily obtained lvls of rule #0 in FT.
I understand i could be misunderstanding this rule. If im not and this is the same as fishing any gear/item equal to the players lvl wich eventually got a cap to what was it lvl499 due to easily obtained gear that violated rule #0 i would understand. if rule #0 would get reevaluated and changed in the future maybe the gear can be uncapped as well. But i think would be a fair compromise. As to what i stated in my previous post.
100lvl cap once a week every week until the player hits the desired lvl. Just a thought. The game developers still get paid for there efforts just not in a lump some. Hence steady revenue. Hope u see how i thought it violates the rules and i hope this shows i better understand the rules
Shaolin shadow boxing, and the Wu Tang sword style
If what you say is true, the Shaolin and the Wu Tang could be dangerous.
Do you think your Wu Tang sword style can defeat me?
En garde, ill let you try my Wu Tang sword style
Leone

Post by Leone »

*at edge of seat awaiting link* :)
MadMikael

Post by MadMikael »

mutedawg, you really have a lot of great points, and I am very happy you are here sharing them.
I hope you will continue to contribute on the forum, and help the game become the best it can be.

But, you are a little confused in some places.

The sentence in rule 0 that you're mentioning, specifically says bug, glitch, or mechanic.
Bugs/glitches are generally meant as something unintended for the game. Obviously, purchases would not fall into that category. As for rule 8, those decisions are generally made by admins, or compbatant themselves. If a GM asks "is this a bug?", the decision is ultimately up to compbatant - he programmed it, so he knows the intent; but for many of the bugs, admins can make the call. This applies for mechanics as well - the purchase system mechanic is designed to work like that, so those that use it are not abusing. A good example of a mechanic abuse would be spam selling - either to make gold or to win PvP. It was not intended to be used for that; however it was working as it was intended originally - you offer to sell, and another can buy. Clan invites and friendship requests used to pop up too.
I do see your point - but purchases are intended, and they're not considered "too fast". We could also argue that it's a rule 9 thing as well. But, PvP is a big part of the game as you know, so it's there. I do like that you (and others) are trying to make some changes though. I hope that this leads to something positive.

You mention, GMs have great coding - GMs do NOT code the game. The stuff at start map is not coding. The code is already written, I'm just using the commands to do stuff. You already have the basics - the public chat commands. I just have more - and some, I put different numbers in to get different results. For example, teleporting, I just enter the numbers of where I want to go, with the command. I did not code it.

Fast travel is an idea all love - and yes, the traditional answer is that it takes away from the game; don't fault GMs for saying that. It's long been the way of the game. But we all know the game is getting bigger, and it's only showing signs of growing more... Let's say, I know things, and the idea has been discussed. For now, there isn't one, so occasionally, GMs will add the feature for fun. Lately, I've been doing it on weekends; but others have done it too (like DaHobbit with his houses).

I just want to make sure we're clear though.
There is only one programmer - compbatant - and he makes most of the game mechanic decisions. Perhaps he talks with someone, I don't know, because that isn't me. Nor is it the GMs, as I understand it. If we feel strong enough about something, we will approach him about it; but that doesn't mean it will change.
GMs supervise the game and enforce the rules. Other than that, we still fall into the exact same boat as you - a player of the game. We don't make decisions on game mechanics - although occasionally, we may get to voice an opinion. We don't code the game - if we did, we'd not write certain rules; we'd change the coding instead. I stress this point because GMs get a lot of flack for things that we shouldn't. I really get frustrated when players tell me at start map how I should program the game better. I could tell them the exact same thing, and achieve the same result. I do not program the game, nor do you. I've volunteered to help with the game, yes, but that doesn't mean I'm the guy who sits in game with a pad and paper to take down ideas. That's what the forum is for - and I'm glad you're here and starting to use it. I hope, many others will follow suit.
RETIRED [GM] - Game Master

Please contact GM Inbox for help if you need it.

⬇️ GM Inbox contact link ⬇️
ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=9711
blitzcraig

Post by blitzcraig »

Thanks for answering ;)

I do see what you're saying there, and to be honest, I agree with your goal... however I also agree with MadMikael that purchasing levels is not exploiting game mechanics --- in the end, it was the decision compbatant made. Similar to the purchased pets... I personally feel they make the game too easy, and allow us to gain levels and loot much too quickly and easily, but again, it's not abusing a game mechanic because it's functioning the way compbatant intended.
Beeware the Spiral Blitzbees...
⬜ 💣 🌏
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

It is forbidden to exploit any bug, glitch, or game mechanic from
Has nothing to do with buying. Buying levels is a 'built in part' of the game.

Mad beat me to it but since it's here
I am always AFK!
I am LK, A Friendly Knight.
blitzcraig

Post by blitzcraig »

To be fair, I do think it's closer to being an issue than it may appear at first glance.... for example, let's say a new repeatable quest is added to the game. You can trade 1 trunk for 10,000,000 xp. obviously a lot of players would sit there and do that quest over and over and over....

they aren't really doing anything outside the game mechanics, but it'd be considered abuse because obviously it's not supposed to be this easy to gain levels.... I think mutedawg is basically just saying that purchasing levels at an uncontrolled rate is similar... obviously it shouldn't be so easy to gain levels

at any rate, it's all functioning as intended, so no issues with rules violations ;)
Beeware the Spiral Blitzbees...
⬜ 💣 🌏
MadMikael

Post by MadMikael »

Oh I agree.
The mechanic behind it is getting a little crazy - no one ever thought players would buy so many levels, I think.

When magix hit 1000, everyone thought he was nuts too.

A limitation on it should definitely be considered.
Simply because, the players have shown, time and again, they're growing faster than the game does.

LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

MadMikael wrote:Simply because, the players have shown, time and again, they're growing faster than the game does.
↑↑ investment in their future ↑↑

But I think you've hit on the a reason that I can agree with regarding level capping.

However, what about the guys/gals that now have levels in the "high" 4 figures or 5 figures, if those exist?

That paid for them, cant take them away.
I am always AFK!
I am LK, A Friendly Knight.
MadMikael

Post by MadMikael »

LostKnight wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:19 pm
MadMikael wrote:Simply because, the players have shown, time and again, they're growing faster than the game does.
↑↑ investment in their future ↑↑

But I think you've hit on the a reason that I can agree with regarding level capping.

However, what about the guys/gals that now have levels in the "high" 4 figures or 5 figures, if those exist?

That paid for them, cant take them away.
Obviously not.
The highest level players are approaching 11k last I saw.
And others are on their heels.
If a cap is put into place, the longer it's delayed, the higher that cap will have to be.... and potentially the more upset the players will be.