Politics and dollar signs

As the description says!

Moderator: Game Administrators

TRAXXAS

Politics and dollar signs

Post by TRAXXAS »

Honestly losing alot of intrest in this wonderful game these days for alot of reasons but i will only point out 2 major ones.

-its all politics anymore

-everyone likes to say its just a game. Yet the game revolves around who spent the most money on it. If it was just a game then you would have to play the game to aquire levels. Not just purchase them. A lvl cap should have been made from the begining. Considering they changed the lvl cap on buildings. Why not characters. Or you could have also done this. Consider if you buy lvls those lvls are only 1 skill point. Meaning if u actually put your time into the game you would still be stronger than someone who just opted out and paid for it with their trust fund. A lvl cap would make people have to make other characters and ultimately would make the game less ballanced. I know i just stirred up alot and i would like to know what other ppl think. Bash me all you want. Idc. Its just a game remember

Its sad to think that we have lost most of the origional players and that the game is slowly going downhill. I for one would like to see some changes to the game to make it less unbalanced. I know it most likely wont change anything but i really just wanted to know if anyone felt the same way that i do about this. Honestly been downloading other games lately and steering away because i work for my money and have better things to spend it on than a game that i will always suck at because some noob bought 9k lvls
Have you ever seen a Mac-11?
New Tech-9 with the extension,
HK, AK-47,
Mayday, Man down, call the reverend,
I put that on the bible boy, count your blessings,
I put that on the bible boy, count your blessings.
(Lyrics by Zuse)
MadMagus

Re: Politics and dollar signs

Post by MadMagus »

Hear hear!

Great points, and stuff I've been arguing for years, among others, especially those you mention not playing anymore.

Don't know who you mean by "they", because there is no "they", and that's a common misconception.
Still, good points - the lack of pride in the game (the kind that comes from hard work), only fuels the drama that creates the toxic politics you speak of.
I have little respect for anyone who shares their account; how can you trust such a person when they're always hiding/changing their identity?
The idea that you think you can trust someone like that is ludicrous; and it's hilarious when someone claims they were cheated by someone like that.
If you buy a watch from someone on the street corner, don't be angry when you find out it is a fake.

I will not miss these things when I leave.
No, I don't say that for drama - my mind is made up unless the game does serious changing on all levels, from players on up (not going to happen I think).
I made my mind up in November that I'd had enough; I simply came back as I had not fulfilled some promises.

If you really want to make a serious suggestion though, you should post that in the suggestions forum.
But, gathering ideas here first may work better too.
You called me strong, you called me weak
But still your secrets I will keep
You took for granted all the times I
Never let you down
You stumbled in and bumped your head, if
Not for me then you'd be dead
I picked you up and put you back
On solid ground
TRAXXAS

Post by TRAXXAS »

Just re read my entire post the word they was never used.

And mag magus i know i have no real "pull" in the game and never will which is why i added this to off topic.

Thabk you for your response though bud. I am sad to hear u talking about leaving too. Its sad that people that have put days and years into this game and our hard earned money into it that are not happy playing it anymore.
HK, AK-47,
(Lyrics by Zuse)
MadMikael

Post by MadMikael »

TRAXXAS wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:58 pm Just re read my entire post the word they was never used.

And mag magus i know i have no real "pull" in the game and never will which is why i added this to off topic.

Thabk you for your response though bud. I am sad to hear u talking about leaving too. Its sad that people that have put days and years into this game and our hard earned money into it that are not happy playing it anymore.
TRAXXAS wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:33 pm Considering they changed the lvl cap on buildings. Why not characters.
Every player can contribute. An avalanche is started with a single snowflake.
RETIRED [GM] - Game Master

Please contact GM Inbox for help if you need it.

⬇️ GM Inbox contact link ⬇️
ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=9711
TRAXXAS

Post by TRAXXAS »

I expected a better response madmikael lol
HK, AK-47,
(Lyrics by Zuse)
MadMikael

Post by MadMikael »

TRAXXAS wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:20 pm I expected a better response madmikael lol
I am held accountable for every single word here I type.
As a sign of respect, I expect the same of others.
How the others react is a great judge of character.

But I think my response that I wrote was quite good.

An avalanche is indeed started with a single snowflake.
A snowflake you may consider quite insignificant on it's own, comparable to "not having pull" as you put it.
But that is how it starts. Then more snowflakes can add together, creating a large mass.
When the snow accumulates, it can get to the point of dangerous lethality.

Do not sell yourself short.
The hardest part of making a change, is having the courage to try in the first place.

EDIT: and I realized, after I posted, I used the wrong forum account. I make mistakes at times, just like all.
I don't delete them though. You'll see several if you read all my posts - I don't have that many :lol:
RETIRED [GM] - Game Master

Please contact GM Inbox for help if you need it.

⬇️ GM Inbox contact link ⬇️
ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=9711
Khmer

Post by Khmer »

TRAXXAS wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:58 pm Just re read my entire post the word they was never used.

The 'they' is Compbatant and since I started playing 15 months ago, no major issues have been addressed! A glaring issue, there are dozens... The fact that a player is capable of immediately logging out and not subjected to an 11 sec delay, when caught sieging a tower, for example, is nonsense and evidence that this game is being ignored.

There are many ways to balance FT between high and low level players without either feeling inadequate or inept, if 'they' choose to put in that effort.

I would like 'noob' defined :lol: either it has 40 meanings or most in FT misuse it.

As for what players spend on their characters and where that money comes from(I'd love that trust fund you talk about) is irrelevant! If 'they' made the necessary and long overdue changes to this game, it would be a mute point. :mrgreen:

How wonderful would it be if once a month, 'they', would write a post about the current state and future direction of FT, address some of the major issues and why they have or haven't been addressed and provide timelines for game updates to be implemented, that would be HUGE and something players could hold onto. :idea:
mutedawg

Post by mutedawg »

Um traxx.. U did say they. But i dont know how to ss n repost it on here. I use messenger slightly better. But u said if they capped lvls like they did on buildings. So i assume u mean the combatant*. So im gonna say if not cap player accounts then dont cap the buildings this is unfair. I will leave an account nameless but they bought 10k lvls over 3 months time or so. So what if he bought another 10k lvls hypothetically. This class is a mage fyi... So he would be able to topple a 3k tower no problem at this point. I really dont care how many ppl buy lvls or how many lvls they buy. But seriously what would a 3k maxed out tower do to a lvl 15 or 20k player? So if not cap the player lvls then plz take away clan building cap.
Shaolin shadow boxing, and the Wu Tang sword style
If what you say is true, the Shaolin and the Wu Tang could be dangerous.
Do you think your Wu Tang sword style can defeat me?
En garde, ill let you try my Wu Tang sword style
Tarlin

Post by Tarlin »

Khmer wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:32 pm A glaring issue, there are dozens... The fact that a player is capable of immediately logging out and not subjected to an 11 sec delay, when caught sieging a tower, for example [/i]
edited quote for content:
I would stand behind any game that supports a log out delay after engaging in PvP.
I do however think that a log out delay in PvM/PvE should not be implemented due to it only affecting your character and not the characters or environment of other players.
Leone

Post by Leone »

Khmer wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:32 pm

I would like 'noob' defined :lol: either it has 40 meanings or most in FT misuse it.

That comment is perfection. I know it's going off-topic but I really look forward to reading the replies.