There is no "best" GM

As the description says!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Cleopatra

Re: There is no "best" GM

Post by Cleopatra »

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=4774
Since you said I have a good sense of humor ^_~ I had to bring up that we have already discuss this topic.
Languages Spoken: English
Facebook name: Cleopatra Ft
I'm a veteran GM of almost 2 years
Dwarf = Worf, Soldier = Captn Kirk, Archer = Tuvok, Ogre = Quark, Mage = Almighty Q
If you can't play honestly then plz honestly don't play!
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

Re: There is no "best" GM <<---

I disagree, envelope please!

DRUM ROLE ... {rip rip}

And the Best GM is ... huh ... "All of them"
big_smile.png
I was always AFK!
I was LK, A Friendly Knight.
receveo

Post by receveo »

Blitz,mad,ayc are the best hobit honorable mention .
JoeKur

Post by JoeKur »

MadMikael wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:09 pm You can have your "favourite" GM, sure. The one you relate with most, find easiest to talk to, or trust the most.
But there is no GM that is better than the others.
We all have our strengths and weaknesses - but we work together to forge something stronger than ourselves.
There is little to nothing that a true GM does fully alone; even when alone, they remember what others have said.
Sure, simple things like mutes are a no-brainer; but anything advanced is usually acted on by at least 2 GMs, if not more.
Just because things can appear "simple" to players, does not mean the actuality is simple. We're just good at what we do.

Now, I've not had the privilege to work with every GM out there, but, when I tried to write them all down, I found that the list was longer than I thought.
All had an effect on me, but I tried to take some of the best qualities of each and combine them, to create MadMikael.
These are in NO order; I started out at the top ranks of when I started, but then just kinda threw them in as they popped in my head.
(I've been sick the last few days, and my mind is still not fully focused; so it's quite possible I forgot someone :o )

The professionalism of steady Gandalf
The friendliness of the approachable JayG
The determination of El Majo
The flair of Gold Mage
The creativity of blitzcraig
The humour of Cleopatra
The inquisitiveness/arguing of DaHobbit
The dedication of vicbri
The philosophizing of Secular
The trouble shooting of Azok
The open mind of AYC
The helpfulness of Arachnia
The pride of Monarq

I also got to work for a short time with Enmer, 0MSA, SoCal, SilentFire, kollex, and Insider
Although, perhaps not as much as I'd have liked.

I've been proud to be involved with Neon, monstercat, ardesia, Arashiko, Akkilles.. who all support me regularly, and I'm happy to return the favour when I can.

I really could not rank them one over the other; and putting them all on the same line would make the names harder to read :lol:
They've all had impact on my decisions over time, and I always try to think of "what would they say" when I need to act in some way.

I have fond memories in some form of all listed above, and I will not forget them, ever.
They all had impact on my life, and in my decisions.
Always they will remain in my heart, and in my thoughts.
Without them, I'd not be who I am today.
And they'll all say similar, I bet.

So remember, when you think about a "best" GM, you're actually thinking of several GMs mixed into one - each with their own version.
The GM is a team, grows as a team, wins as a team, and loses as a team... but we don't make a habit of losing ;)
(What about madmaniac?)
JoeKut; lvl 3551 Mage
JoeKur; lvl 603 Sword
Dathedr; lvl 146 Dwarf
Diabolos; lvl 76 Archer
Frostbrute; lvl 56 Ogre
blitzcraig

Post by blitzcraig »

There are, and have been many "newer" GMs since this post was written ;) - don't mistake their absence from the list to mean anything
Beeware the Spiral Blitzbees...
⬜ 💣 🌏
DwarfTank

Post by DwarfTank »

There once was, but that "favorite" met an untimely demise, but their spirit remains throughout the land, helping behind the scene where no badge of GM is needed, many will say their works far outweigh that of many others, not perfect by any means, but willing do go above and beyond for players still.

Perhaps you know the one mentioned above, and if not, give it time, for most in the land knows the legend.
DwarfTank-lvl2093(Legendary Player)
ShadowHood-lvl2608
"You can lead a human to knowledge but you can't make one think."Kal-Not:2986BH
madmaniacal1

Post by madmaniacal1 »

JoeKur wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:27 pm (What about madmaniac?)
I was a GM during MadMikael's absence (hence the confusion of many), and left the team under "less than great" conditions. While I tried to help the game, my omission from the list was appropriate enough that I took no offense.
Omnes Autem Uri
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

madmaniacal1 wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:34 pm While I tried to help the game, my omission from the list was appropriate enough that I took no offense.
I would say though that you have done a wonderful job helping players and the game since.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
blitzcraig

Post by blitzcraig »

Which is pretty cool really - several GMs have left under great circumstances and stayed as players, several have left altogether - and several have left under "less than great" circumstances... but as far as I remember, only one has stayed and redeemed himself
Beeware the Spiral Blitzbees...
⬜ 💣 🌏
Leone

Post by Leone »

Without you , blitz, this game would be ten steps behind. You've been a big part of the vision mate.

Good to see you in game one day.