Praises for GM/Admin/compbatant

As the description says!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Ryaca

Praises for GM/Admin/compbatant

Post by Ryaca »

Mad is a great GM

I've seen him take so much backlash abuse and punishment from so many players

If only those players would only take a moment to think about all of the work, time, effort, and sacrifice that he has made maybe they wouldn't be so quick to cast very harsh judgement into his world that certainly is not easy to deal with on a day to day basis

If only players would take some time to practice some empathy(something that this world is lacking and that i believe is dying everyday) then maybe they could think about how they would feel if they took a job out of the goodness in their hearts and a passion to do something for the betterment of something that has the potential to be great and no matter what they did everyday the people
Insulted them and abused them and slandered them then maybe they could take a moment to feel some of the unpleasantness that all of that negativity and the damage that that can cause. They may realize that they would possibly feel like nothing that they do is good enough and that everything they do is not appreciated and may just say to hell with it

No one is indestructible and though GMs must have thick skin to effectively do their job they have feelings too

GMs/Admin/compbatant sacrifice much and don't get very much appreciation shown to them

I am thankful for every GM Admin and compbatant
Thank you for all that you do

Mad is a strong soul that is an inspiration to those of us from the ghostly realm

Ghosts feel ancient and lost emotions that they are unable to feel anymore because they are dead and numb inside begin to stir when those that shed a light of inspiration in their dark cold and lonely world are constantly made to suffer

Mad has helped shape this ghost into the player that he has become

A thanks from myself to Mad for everything

And I'll leave off on some lyrics that mean much to a wandering spirit:

Sunshine, sweet love my labor
Don't mind, I don't care no more
BOO!:ghost:
Leone

Re: Praises for GM/Admin/compbatant

Post by Leone »

Well said.

Just one thing to add: GMs carry out their roles on a voluntary basis. I have a lot of respect for that.

I know there are rules around confidentiality , but would it be possible to see a selection of typical anonymised and edited for language posts that GMs receive on a regular basis? It would certainly help me to appreciate a side of FT I never see.
Tarlin

Post by Tarlin »

I have seen other games/forums that do this Leone. The content is edited and users names are blacked out. Time and date stamps remain if applicable. Basically it is like a wall of shame. If a person is placed in jail, do not just jail them, also publicly display associated offense (again do not attach a name to the offense) so people can see justice is being done in game.

I have read so many forum posts of people complaining about unfair treatment and they are being discriminated against. It would alleviate some of the argument if people could see offense that people had done (again anonomously) so that people can learn from others mistakes.

Personal opinion though, I say put it all on blast. In America crimes are public record. You can enter a name into a database and search all their crimes. You can review their court documents, sentence terms, where crime was done, to whom it was done, where they are jailed and for how long.

Why not give full disclosure? Do the crime, do the time. Own up to your mistakes instead of hiding behind a veil of secrecy and complaining about unfair treatment on the forums further wasting the time of the staff.
Ryaca

Post by Ryaca »

I really like the wall of shame idea
MadMikael

Post by MadMikael »

Oh, I personally love the idea.
Would make my life so much easier.

But.

Be careful what you wish for.
RETIRED [GM] - Game Master

Please contact GM Inbox for help if you need it.

⬇️ GM Inbox contact link ⬇️
ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=9711
Ryaca

Post by Ryaca »

Vote it in mad
Tarlin

Post by Tarlin »

I got nothing to fear about a wall of shame. Those who do fear it may change their habits or at least think before they act knowing they will be put on blast.

Upvote +1 and lets see if we can make this happen.