New quest

As the description says!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Ryaca

Re: New quest

Post by Ryaca »

MadMikael wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:43 pm Well, I suppose it depends on how quickly I decide to get it.
As players collect this chest, there will be more and more of them in the game, and price will drop.
If you are correct about the shop price though, I may just go for that if I don't find a better offer though :lol:
Simply because, I don't feel like sitting around trying to sell the silly thing.
I'll never have a 2k archer... and it's unlikely I'll get the + variation.
Although... on that line of thinking, with your post info, I could think to leave it in the chest, and maybe - just maybe - one day get the + variation, which would be worth more. Still though, any archer who reaches 2k can likely get their own + variation (unless, they didn't read this post).
I'm with you Mad. Most of the time i sell my items at shop as i don't have the patience to barter with players that try to ridicule my prices at spawn to try to get items cheaper
BOO!:ghost:
Ryaca

Post by Ryaca »

T_Y_R wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:26 am But why change it now all of a sudden and put it on a coffin/chest containing a 2k item without warning? That is what frustrated me the most now i'll not get a bow of my own without having to pay for it with money out of my pocket most likely via levels etc which probably won't be cheap

That is true though it is an RPG I just got little sad i'm gona be missing out on the +2 version because thats all. I hope some people who do read this and haven't done the quest at least know about that the tier of the weapon you get is based off your level at the time of opening the coffin
Yea i probably won't ever use my 2k+2 bow since i wear a crossbow with a 2k shield.

If it's any consolation for you, the 600 extra damage for the 2k+2 bow really doesn't help that much at that level.

I use a crossbow that does 800 less damage than that 2k+2 bow and the difference isn't noticeable to me

I'll still use the crossbow/shield combo any day over a two handed bow not to Mention the added armor bonus i get for wearing a shield.

Really any item that has a + in it is nothing more than a fancy piece of jewelry and doesn't make much difference in my opinion.
MadMikael

Post by MadMikael »

T_Y_R wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:26 am But why change it now all of a sudden and put it on a coffin/chest containing a 2k item without warning? That is what frustrated me the most now i'll not get a bow of my own without having to pay for it with money out of my pocket most likely via levels etc which probably won't be cheap

That is true though it is an RPG I just got little sad i'm gona be missing out on the +2 version because thats all. I hope some people who do read this and haven't done the quest at least know about that the tier of the weapon you get is based off your level at the time of opening the coffin
I'm confused.
"Change it now all of a sudden"... change what?
It's new content, which means, new things. What good would it be if the "new" content would be identical to the "old" content?
"Without warning" - how many chests in the game actually have warnings? The only ones I know of, are those in the east cave of map 4.0, where they simply explain that there are multiple items in each chest - that's not a warning, that's an explanation.
I understand your frustration, but I think your arguments are a little out of spirit with the game.
If the game told you where everything was, that would completely destroy the "exploration" aspect of the game.

I'm reminded of people who will not play any complex game without a walkthrough... I mean, if that's fun for you, then do it, but I don't get it. It's one thing if you're just stuck on one part, but another to play the game start to finish like that. To me, it completely takes away all the fun. But that's me.

Again, the bright side from this is that future players may learn from this... Ok, it stinks being that first player that doesn't get the best, but that's part of the game... It's not really a new mechanic either, it's just a new take on it. Keep this in mind, as future updates may contain similar things.

Perhaps, you'll get lucky and have a friend who gets it, and isn't an archer or doesn't want it. Who knows what the future holds?
RETIRED [GM] - Game Master

Please contact GM Inbox for help if you need it.

⬇️ GM Inbox contact link ⬇️
ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=9711
T_Y_R

Post by T_Y_R »

I apologize i confused you what i ment by change or "new take on it" is this. I have a few alts i got one of every class i've repeated some quest from character to character opened the same chest etc so what i ment is what was in the chest didn't change if i was opening it at level 5 or 500 unless i was extremely lucky as there is a small chance of getting the item in the chests as a + version if it is not already so like on my dwarf the hell axe under silverwood i was lucky and had gotten it as a +1 while my other alts didn't anyhow back on point in the end what i mean by change is that this chest takes your level into account and it changes the tier of item you get depending on your level.

Walkthroughs haven't used one on FT also this is new quest there ain't one to begin with. Also i wasn't stuck i completed the quest.

You're right chests don't have warnings but in this case this chest is different then the rest that i know of i've opened chest and done quests but i haven't opened nor completed all quests and there aren't many who have. I'm not saying for the game/sign to tell you what is in the chest just that there is something in it but of you open it later you may get a better item thats it nothing more then it would be up to the player to either open it, wait or refer to a "walkthrough"

You're not wrong Ryaca being able to wear a shield with the crossbow for that extra arm is very nice but that extra damage in my opinion is also very nice there are situations where that extra damage will pay off and be more useful then extra arm.

I don't mean to anger anyone with what I say I just hope this helps explain what I ment and is just my take/opinion on it as this is what the forum is for
MadMikael

Post by MadMikael »

Well, this is an extension of the chests that have been in the past couple of updates.
Chests that do give things based on your class - you don't get a choice - have been in the game for a while. Also, there were level restrictions on other chests, but, they did not short you on any items.
The random occurrence of getting + items - hey that's not entirely fair, but it's a nice bonus if you get it.

This is, how all new updates go, especially when they introduce new mechanics.
I'll warn you now - the next update coming will have things that are completely new to FT, and I can bet that the first to experience them will likely die and/or not get the best possible outcomes. If this bothers you, then you should definitely wait before you go, and let others brave the dangers. I honestly don't know much (I completely ignore the testing areas), but the little I do know has me going "WOW".

These new mechanics in this update will likely be used more, and there are more new mechanics coming.
FT is in it's 6th year of running now, and it's amazing how far it has come... quite a cry from that game where no one could walk diagonally...

I'm sorry for your frustration... I wish I could help you, but as my position goes, I cannot; as my alts go, well, I'm about 1300 levels too low to even think about 2k gear... My only hope is that another player will see your plight and decide to help you.

I don't think you angered anyone else either. As many do, you feel like you've been given the short-end of the stick, and I guess you have since you're an archer... but, it happens to the best of us at times. Tell you what though... if I see anyone selling one for a reasonable price, I may try to pick it up for you ;) (that's the best I can do).

Ryaca

Post by Ryaca »

I would also like to point out that the weapon in question is in a coffin and it has chests surrounding the wall all the way around the room

Maybe something to take away from this is to avoid opening anything different than a chest until other players can give feedback to what is inside

I am over level 4k so that 800 damage really doesn't mean anything to me But you are right, to a lower level player that damage may mean more in their situation

TYR you are always welcome to share your opinions on these forums and i encourage you to do so

Boo!:ghost:
Leone

Post by Leone »

Here's a suggestion: +0 items can be used to craft higher lvl items. How about they can also be used to craft + 1 or +2 items of the same level?
MadMikael

Post by MadMikael »

Leone wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:17 am Here's a suggestion: +0 items can be used to craft higher lvl items. How about they can also be used to craft + 1 or +2 items of the same level?
Hey now, you may be onto something.
What if, you could take two identical pieces of gear, and combine them for a small chance at getting a + variation?
That's what I get from your idea...
Like, take two 2k bows, combine them, and a moderate chance of becoming a +1 (idk, maybe 50%? less?)
If fails, you may get one bow back? Or none?
And then, you could combine the +1s to make +2s....
Possible gold sink too, if it's an npc...

Suggestions forum is calling you.... ;)

Leone

Post by Leone »

Done:)
Ryaca

Post by Ryaca »

Correction

The 2k+2 bow only does 400 extra damage not 600

I was mistaken so really not worth all the fuss for a 400 damage increase in my opinion

1500+2 crossbow outweighs the 2k+2 silent fire bow in my opinion since one can wear a 2k shield and get 2,000 armor points added