crime and punishment

As the description says!

Moderator: Game Administrators

death911

Re: crime and punishment

Post by death911 »

SellSword wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:34 am
death911 wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:23 pm no need of any arguments . just post it in the general information forum and lock the thread. the account being jail and reason.
everyone has right to information
This could possibly be the end of the GM involvement, but locking a thread hasnt really ever done much to stop arguments as someone will just create a new thread to continue the discussion.
So does that mean we don't have the right to know the information?
I am 100% agreed to the fact that GMs do correct decisions and jail only when they have enough evidence against a player.
But things have to be made transparent!!
When the player list was made public in bug abuse case, all players whole heartedly supported it, because there was transparency in that case..
In situations where things are not clear , various speculations arise and discussion sets in.
If anyone is wrongly jailed he deserves to tell his side of story( as happened in bug abuse case, some innocents were jailed wrongly and later realised after investigations).

GMs have family and are busy in real life in work, i understand that. So are the players, they too have family and lives. Any player wrongly jailed by mistake deserves to tell his side of story , so that he can get out early of jail.
And any rule breaker deserves to be punished. but things need to be transparent.
the 4 points rearrow addressed need be made clear and addressed properly.
What is Death!!
To think our self confidence is lower than that of our enemies is Death!!
Staying alive in battlefield in fear of our enemies is Death!!
Running from our enemy instead of fighting is Death!!
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

death911 wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 1:12 am
death911 wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:23 pm no need of any arguments . just post it in the general information forum and lock the thread. the account being jail and reason.
This could possibly be the end of the GM involvement, but locking a thread hasnt really ever done much to stop arguments as someone will just create a new thread to continue the discussion.
So does that mean we don't have the right to know the information?
I am 100% agreed to the fact that GMs do correct decisions and jail only when they have enough evidence against a player.
But things have to be made transparent!!
When the player list was made public in bug abuse case, all players whole heartedly supported it, because there was transparency in that case..
In situations where things are not clear , various speculations arise and discussion sets in.
If anyone is wrongly jailed he deserves to tell his side of story( as happened in bug abuse case, some innocents were jailed wrongly and later realised after investigations).

GMs have family and are busy in real life in work, i understand that. So are the players, they too have family and lives. Any player wrongly jailed by mistake deserves to tell his side of story , so that he can get out early of jail.
And any rule breaker deserves to be punished. but things need to be transparent.
the 4 points rearrow addressed need be made clear and addressed properly.
For the record, I did not either suggest a dictatorship or state people should or should not have access to certain types of information. I simply stated the likelihood a forum user would create a second thread if previous one was locked, so no need to read into things.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
rearrow

Post by rearrow »

edit: it looks like a nice table when i type it.

I had something like this in mind:
Basic punishment table.
Crime Includes category punishment Decision process
Hiding while attacking Borderhiding
, hiding behind
buildings 4 3 days jail 1 GM

Walljumping 4 3 days jail 1 GM

Switching clan without the wait 4 2 days jail 1 GM

More then max potions 4 2 days jail 1 GM

Using bug to attack those who
should not be attackable 3 2 weeks jail 2 GM

Using bug to escape from map
while under attack 3 1 weeks jail 2 GM

Spambuilding 3 1-2weeks jail 2GM

Using bug to attack those who should
not be attackable and keeping drop 2 4 week jail 2 GM

Using non attackable accounts on clan
map for combat purposes
like blocking heal 2 2 week jail.
For highest lvl
account of
perpetrator 2GM
Using bug to destroy buildings 2 4 week jail 2 GM

Sharing/ selling account 1 Permanent jail To be agreed by 4gm+

Extortion 1 Permanent jail To be agreed by 4gm+

Using bug to duplicate items 1 Permanent jail To be agreed by 4 gm+

Using autoclicker 1 Permanent jail To be agreed by 4 gm+

On the 3rd conviction with the same category 10% of lvls will be removed.
On the 10th conviction within the same category 50% of lvls will be removed
On the 30th conviction (any lvl) the account will be permanently jailed.

Convictions will be entered in a crime-punishment form topic, similar like the scammer list.
It could look like this:
Account Date Jailed on To be released on crime Special circumstance
xxxxx 1-06-18 1-6-18 4-6-2018 walljumping
yyyy 1-6-18 Perm jail Sharing
zzzz 1-06-18 1-06-18 15-06-18 spawnbuilding Continued after warning by GM
aaaa 2-6-18 2-6-18
5-6-18 Hiding while attacking 3rd conviction. 10% of lvls removed
bbbb 2-6-18 Perm jail extortion

GM could use this table to release people on time as well, een if another gm jaled them,
rearrow

Post by rearrow »

i wish we could link to word files on a shared board orsomething like that
death911

Post by death911 »

nice table. everything needs to be clear as written in the table.
What is Death!!
To think our self confidence is lower than that of our enemies is Death!!
Staying alive in battlefield in fear of our enemies is Death!!
Running from our enemy instead of fighting is Death!!
hungry_wolf

Post by hungry_wolf »

rearrow wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:58 am
true, and thats a good thing.
ft should be a free world. not a dictatorship.

but at least we wpuld know the reason. now its all rumor.
Are u sure is a free world? I m not.
Anyway i agree with u about this subjects
Sword dislike sieging - hungrywolf
Dwarf dislike mining - tarvos
Archer dislike crafting - matcauthon
Ogre dislike fishing - heimdall
Mage dislike magic - ogonbat

Member of Ignobili of Ft

Duke of dead clan FTFR
Khmer

Post by Khmer »

hungry_wolf wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:09 am

Are u sure is a free world? I m not.
Anyway i agree with u about this subjects
YES
Attachments
Thanks.png
Thanks.png (277.06 KiB) Viewed 3503 times
MadMikael

Post by MadMikael »

There are already several ongoing private lists that record many of these things... let me tell you they're not short (and I've not looked at them in months).
Making a list public would make a list so huge it would make the scammers list look like the toddler version.
Although, I do see a lot of merit in making punishments public, and I've always wished I could.
However, note that when a player "weasels out of punishment", it's generally not such a good idea to publicize the reasoning on how they did so. I'm reminded of a few cases in the last year where someone should have gotten lengthy sentences when they got reduced sentences instead... the reasons behind which I'm not happy about but I can assure you that whatever GM was on the case did what they could to catch the offending player. Kind of like a famous gangster who got imprisoned for tax evasion; we do what we can.

However, I will say that I'm aware of another mmo where there is a global chat - and immediately when someone is punished, the punishment is globally announced to all - who did it, a brief summary of what they did, and how long they are punished for. Let me tell you that the community there is highly respectful of the rules and very close. However that is a non-pvp oriented game so many things are different. I do rather like the change in how things are done there, and that's where I find myself often. It's rather great when a troll or an offensive player comes along and the whole community ousts them. I'm talking, 90% or so.

If this type of system would help create a community like this here, perhaps it should be considered on how it could be implemented.
RETIRED [GM] - Game Master

Please contact GM Inbox for help if you need it.

⬇️ GM Inbox contact link ⬇️
ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=9711
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

SellSword wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:34 am This could possibly be the end of the GM involvement, but locking a thread hasnt really ever done much to stop arguments as someone will just create a new thread to continue the discussion.

Kinda like how this thread was started, the other one on 'roughly' the same subject is now spinning wheels.

@rearrow, you want a game like FT that is a "free world" (anarchy) write the code, push it to GoogePlay and put your server online to back it up.

FT should be and is whatever M wants it to be. It is that simple. It's not a "dictatorship", it's a game, not a government with elected officials. And I wouldn't even suggest that.

Code: Select all

dictatorship ~ noun
 1. a form of government in which the ruler is an absolute dictator (not restricted by a constitution or laws or opposition etc.)
It's M's time and effort, his baby. He wants GM's looking after things for him, then we have GM's looking after things. He wants Rules for the game, we get rules to follow. Play the game by the rules. Probably some fine print someplace that says they are apt to change from time to time.

OH MY, second line of the game rules:
Game Rules - all players need to know and respect them!

Please review these rules time-by-time, they can get updated periodically!
What's changed recently. Oh yea, there is one rule that is now being enforced, where it wasn't before. For years everyone enjoyed the freedom to break that rule.

OH DEAR! It came to an end and people don't like it.

I'm going top go out on a limb here and make a wild guess that some of those those that abused the "duplication bug" also shared accounts to get massive amounts of illegal items fast and therefore 'maybe' having a part in why the new "strict enforcement" is now in effect.

I agree with Blitzcraig & Nahgus
I am always AFK!
I am LK, A Friendly Knight.