Best class for PvP at high levels?

As the description says!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Matthias

Best class for PvP at high levels?

Post by Matthias »

I have a 285 archer and it kinda sucks because anyone can get away from me. Someone said mages get infinite mana at a certain level and that they are best for PvP.

What is better for PvP? Mage or Archer?

And do mages really get infinite mana? :o
Black named in game

Matthias - Archer (340)
Kenneth - Mage (110)
Elnathan - Ogre
Timothy - Dwarf

Known languages: English, C++, Java, XML, Python, C#, JS, PHP, Swift, HTML, CSS, Ruby, Kotlin, C, SQL, AJAX, JSON, ASP.
BroodingSnow

Re: Best class for PvP at high levels?

Post by BroodingSnow »

Cant speak for whats better in pvp, the mana however...

Supposedly, mages regen 1mana per 5 seconds for every 40 mana they have including gear bonuses. So for every 200 mana thats 5/5 or basicly 1 per second to make things easier.(ignoring the base 1/5 base regen)

Assuming the spells per second is still capped at 7, and assuming it the green flow at 5 per cast, thats 35 mana per sec max they can use.

So if they have 200 x 35 = 7000 mana they will regen 35 per second meaning they cannot possibly run out. They probably last a good while with amounts below that too.
If you think of the best, things can only get worse.
If you think of the worst, things can only get better.
Matthias

Post by Matthias »

BroodingSnow wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:49 pm Cant speak for whats better in pvp, the mana however...

Supposedly, mages regen 1mana per 5 seconds for every 40 mana they have including gear bonuses. So for every 200 mana thats 5/5 or basicly 1 per second to make things easier.(ignoring the base 1/5 base regen)

Assuming the spells per second is still capped at 7, and assuming it the green flow at 5 per cast, thats 35 mana per sec max they can use.

So if they have 200 x 35 = 7000 mana they will regen 35 per second meaning they cannot possibly run out. They probably last a good while with amounts below that too.
Ok thanks. So whats your guess on the level my mana would go infinite?
Black named in game

Matthias - Archer (340)
Kenneth - Mage (110)
Elnathan - Ogre
Timothy - Dwarf

Known languages: English, C++, Java, XML, Python, C#, JS, PHP, Swift, HTML, CSS, Ruby, Kotlin, C, SQL, AJAX, JSON, ASP.
Bence

Post by Bence »

This clalculation is not correct. Mana is not infinite with 700 mana.
"We are unity in diversity"
lvl 1006 mage
maxter

Post by maxter »

Bence wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:00 pm This clalculation is not correct. Mana is not infinite with 700 mana.
He didn't say 700, he said 7000, but I have planty of friends who play now 2k+ mages and all say you get more then enough Mana after 1k, the only downside is grind, tapping your finger on the screen for hours isn't a joy.
maxter

Post by maxter »

My own opinion is play the class you enjoy most, pvp isn't everything in the game, but if it is for you, then yes after lvl 500, mages are stronger then other classes, and the difference gets bigger with higher lvl. Reason is simple, they have heal and armour spell, and with huge amount of Mana mage beats other classes.
hungry_wolf

Post by hungry_wolf »

This means is impossible defeat a high level mage?
Reading above is what i understand.. Are u sure?
Sword dislike sieging - hungrywolf
Dwarf dislike mining - tarvos
Archer dislike crafting - matcauthon
Ogre dislike fishing - heimdall
Mage dislike magic - ogonbat

Member of Ignobili of Ft

Duke of dead clan FTFR
Humble_M

Post by Humble_M »

maxter wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:15 pm My own opinion is play the class you enjoy most, pvp isn't everything in the game, but if it is for you, then yes after lvl 500, mages are stronger then other classes, and the difference gets bigger with higher lvl. Reason is simple, they have heal and armour spell, and with huge amount of Mana mage beats other classes.
Not entirely true!

Higher level mages do have more TOTAL mana, but only mana from skill points affects attack damage. Also, in PvP, mages' attack spells are reduced to 50% effectiveness. In a nutshell, many lower level players can beat a higher level mage.
It's good to be the king!
-- History of the World - Part I (1981)

username: Humble_M (Mage)
rearrow

Post by rearrow »

true in principle, but a high lvl mage can always heal sp he wont have to die. he wont run out of manna healing.

one on one only another mage or ogre would be able to kill a high lvl mage.

a mage by tapping more often/longer
ogre using skill which depletes manna

other classes cant do enough dmg to dmg msge fasyerthen he can heal

exception might be at very high lvls where double damage/attack skills might get to a lvl where he can one or 5hit the mage to death
Matthias

Post by Matthias »

Mage seems pretty popular. Good reason i guess
Black named in game

Matthias - Archer (340)
Kenneth - Mage (110)
Elnathan - Ogre
Timothy - Dwarf