returning players and communication of changes

As the description says!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Nahgus

Re: returning players

Post by Nahgus »

death911 wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:58 pm
Nahgus wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:55 pm If a player logs on after a long absence and does not read the rules after clicking that they have read the rules then any punishment that comes their way is very well deserved.
Did u read all the rules today when u logged in the game?
Do u read the rules every time when u log in?
Lol that's ridiculous. I've already read the rules and any time the rules are updated there is a forum announcement.
Ryaca_1 is retired
Nahgus

Post by Nahgus »

death911 wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:56 pm 99% of players don't read the rules. they just click and login. That's why i suggested that to come as a SYSTEM MESSAGE. But i guess that's not such an important announcement to come as a SYSTEM MESSAGE.
We don't need anymore system messages. The three that pop up regularly are annoying enough and they are stupid. Who the hell cares that knights are attacking marteks stronghold?
Ryaca_1 is retired
Nahgus

Post by Nahgus »

Bence wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:10 pm
Nahgus wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:55 pm If a player logs on after a long absence and does not read the rules after clicking that they have read the rules then any punishment that comes their way is very well deserved.
We are humans.
Humans that need to be destroyed.
Ryaca_1 is retired
Nahgus

Post by Nahgus »

death911 wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:12 pm There is a Very Very HUGE difference between IDEAL and PRACTICAL.

IDEAL SCENARIO:
Read the rules and regulations completely each and everytime before you log in.
(Who knows what rule change may happen when?So read rules every time you log in)

How many People follow that? Reading all the rules and regulations before every time login?

NONE i guess.. Even the best player of FT who plays by the rules and regulations, does not read the rules every time he logs in...

PRACTICAL SCENARIO:

Some players read the whole rules and regulations (once or twice) to get to know the rules for the first time and from the next time onwards they just click ok and log in and start playing..( If any rule/punishment change happens later or any new announcements they won't be knowing easily).
So any change whatever it may be should come as a SYSTEM MESSAGE so that the players would know about the change..

And some other players don't bother to read at all and start playing...( Even such players would know if any change has occured if the Changes were annouced as SYSTEM MESSAGE)

N.B.- I don't support the players who don't read the rules at all. They should read the rules at least once to know about the rules.
No one is expected to read the rules everytime they log in. Once is enough. If there are changes there will be an announcement.
Ryaca_1 is retired
rearrow

Post by rearrow »

hmm. there will be an announcement? but not in game, only in the forum. which most are not using at all

thats the point some are trying to.make.
these critical rule changes,which can cost players their whole expensive accounts and are first offense jail should be communicated in game using system message.

the system message method is,there. It was used a lot more in the past. it has been used to wish merry xmas, announce special events, announce opening of a new map.
Arashiko

Post by Arashiko »

The forum is the ONLY ‌🇴🇫🇫🇮🇨🇮🇦🇱 way to be aware of changes to game rules, and to contact game staff.

Any player who doesn't read at least the first part of the rules, which emphasize the importance of the forum and following the rules, is risking their own downfall.

We expect rules in everyday life.
All games have rules and if you don't know them, you could make embarrassing (and if gambling, very expensive) mistakes.

If I visit a country, I make sure to read the Home Office website for information on travel restrictions to that country, for warnings on what items are considered contraband, and for information on any laws that foreign visitors must be careful to obey.

If I don't, I could find myself arrested, and deported or even jailed.

It's common sense, folks.
Arashiko Senior GM (RETIRED )
Now playing again as Arozel.

Nahgus

Post by Nahgus »

If any players don't come to these forums and use them may they burn in hell.
Ryaca_1 is retired
death911

Post by death911 »

+1 @rearrow
What is Death!!
To think our self confidence is lower than that of our enemies is Death!!
Staying alive in battlefield in fear of our enemies is Death!!
Running from our enemy instead of fighting is Death!!
death911

Post by death911 »

@Nahgus
Exactly my point not everyone cares about Knights attacking Marteks or Pirates attacking Ashdown. But these messages will come always.
But people do care about rule/punishment change or any new announcements but these won't come as a SYSTEM MESSAGE..
What is Death!!
death911

Post by death911 »

@ Arashiko
So ideally we are supposed to check forum each time before we login so that we become aware of any new announcements that might have happened in between our previous login and now.

Let say yesterday i checked forum / read rules and logged in the game and played.
And today again before i login am i supposed to come to forum and read all the rules again so that i know what change might have happened between yesterday and today?
What is Death!!