returning players and communication of changes

As the description says!

Moderator: Game Administrators

rearrow

Re: returning players

Post by rearrow »

@arashiko

so WHY ARE WE GETTING THIS SYSYEM MESSAGE ABOUT THE PRIVACY POLICY CONSTANTLY?

I answer that myself. because gm/creator knows its a legal requirement to inform the users about it and in game is the only way to be sure all users can see it.
And just having it on forum will not make sure all see it.

not complying to the legal requirement can mean a big fine (=losing money) for creator and therefore the syatem message mentions it (which is good).

However, someone logging in and loosing his account
because they dont know about a rule change does only cost the user money. if he realy likes the game it may even generatevextra money because he might buy new lvls to get an alt or new account to high lvl.

IM EXTREMELY CYNICAL HERE BUT ITS THE ONLY REASON I CAN THINK ABOUT WHY INPORTANT RULE CHANGES ARE NOT ANOUNCED IN GAME.

all answeres have been that the forum is the official way, but the question why system message is not used, when it has been used for these things in the past, has not yet been answered.
rearrow

Post by rearrow »

if you click on the rules from the login screen the forst thing you see is information about the privacy policy, which is good.
However, the only way to instantly loose your valuable account is sharing it,and information about this is somedwhat hidden beneath lots of other text.

if you would rely only on this text to inform users it would be much more appropriate to put it at the top in red as well.
something like: if you share your your account or scam users you can loose your account instantle, more info available beneath.
blitzcraig

Post by blitzcraig »

THE. RULE. DID. NOT. CHANGE!!!! PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE STOP PRETENDING LIKE THIS WAS A RULE CHANGE - IT WAS NOT!!!!!!! ... sigh...
Beeware the Spiral Blitzbees...
⬜ 💣 🌏
rearrow

Post by rearrow »

sigh 2
the punishment changed from no punishment to instant removal from valuable account.

THAT IS A MAJOR CHANGE.

if speeding 10m/hr would now be punished with loosing your car that would be similar and t sjure as hell would need to be published and communicated.
blitzcraig

Post by blitzcraig »

"published and communicated" - I agree lol... like maybe in the place where we, as drivers, are responsible for finding and knowing the rules of the road? Oh, or you're thinking that government officials would be driving around shouting about it out their windows? For the record, consequences of violating real life laws change all the time, and to my knowledge, I have literally never been tracked down and "notified" about it.

I'm amazed you're still so adamant about this - the rule has been in place for years - people got used to cheating and now they don't get to cheat anymore... tough cookies 😜
⬜ 💣 🌏
death911

Post by death911 »

blitzcraig wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:38 am THE. RULE. DID. NOT. CHANGE!!!! PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE STOP PRETENDING LIKE THIS WAS A RULE CHANGE - IT WAS NOT!!!!!!! ... sigh...
Nope it wasn't a rule change. But something(punishment) changed on 5th March 2018 and we are talking about that change.
And it is their responsibility to make it aware to all players by SYSTEM MESSAGE.
i dont see any downside of that.

All right the government officials aren't driving about and shouting about their windows about driving rules.

So then nothing in FT should come as a SYSTEM MESSAGE. Why then the notice about Marteks attack or Ashdown attack or Privacy policy is coming in the SYSTEM MESSAGE?? Just publish in forum and forget about it.

Why being selective to some announcements to come as a SYSTEM MESSAGE? If you are gonna announce then announce each and every new change that has been done in SYSTEM MESSAGE or else don't announce at all anything..

I have read the rules many times in forum and its not possible for me to read the forum each and everytime before login to see what change might have occurred.

Any change that has to be made has to come as a SYSTEM MESSAGE . They need not give in details everything in the SYSTEM MESSAGE. just some short points like. " Sharing accounts is prohibited. Please read forum for details" or something like that.

I don't know why some are against the Changes to be announced in game as a SYSTEM MESSAGE.
What is Death!!
To think our self confidence is lower than that of our enemies is Death!!
Staying alive in battlefield in fear of our enemies is Death!!
Running from our enemy instead of fighting is Death!!
blitzcraig

Post by blitzcraig »

The attacks are announced for role-playing, game fun, I don't see them as being a part of the same issue in any way. The privacy issue was probably overkill to be announced that way, but there's no harm in it - but neither is there any precedent set by it... To be clear, I'm not even arguing that the enforcement change shouldn't have been announced in more ways - simply that it was not a rule change... the rule has been in place effectively since the game hit the market, so I don't feel bad that cheaters get properly punished (even if they're good people and all that)

- getting away with cheating, even over a long period of time, does NOT make it acceptable
⬜ 💣 🌏
rearrow

Post by rearrow »

@blitz,

actually my focus has changed. you might notice im not protesting the punishmant anymore. thats a lost case. im
advocating better communication of any changes in rules or punishment which will instantly and permanently desyroy a lot of player value.
If instant perm jail would be the punishment for another type of rulebreaking my argument that it should be communicated in game would be the same.

Its the fact that the system msg exists and has been used in the past fpr these types of things and now is only used for tge privacy msg which makes me,ask these questions.

timewise, we were asking for system msgesabout this long before the privacy msg appeared, but never got an answer why it was not used..

about the speeding example.
you would see the change that your car would be impou ded for speeding on billboards, tv, newspapwrs etc. would be very hard to miss.
In holland legally the government only has to publish such a change in the official 'staatscourant' and everyone is supposed to know the law. this is si.ilar to ft ony having to publish on forum and uaers are supposed to know the rules. But in practice govvernment, police, journalists etc make sure that major changes are communicated in 'realistic'ways which will reach the public since mostpeople never read the staatscourant or even know about its existance.
the few peopke who do are in the legal/police profession
or former ones (gm and ex gm in ft) or in the media business (forum junkies in ft).

so in ft there is no requirement to use system msg but not using it raises the queation 'why not?'
rearrow

Post by rearrow »

one aditton. i have no idea how difficult it is tho create a system msg. can a gm do it or is it a day of programming for creator?

The reason we got a lot more in the past may just be that creator had the spare time.
blitzcraig

Post by blitzcraig »

quote - "so in ft there is no requirement to use system msg but not using it raises the question 'why not?'"

with this, you and I are more back on the same page again lol -

I agree (for whatever it's worth) that it is a helpful tool to help the community stay informed and current in regards to the expectations that the GM team has of us. To be honest, I imagine that if you head down this path of requesting that they utilize it more in the future, you'll probably have a fair amount of success with them. In my opinion, though, you kind of kill the conversation when it comes off as a continuation of the complaints, rather than just maybe using that as an example of how you think it would've been helpful, know what I mean?

anyway, I wish you good luck on that front... anything that improves communication between GMs and players is good in my book ;)

As for the messages themselves, I know that years ago they were done only by admins or compbatant - it wasn't a lengthy process.... but my knowledge of such things is terribly dated - they've got WAY more and better tools now... they've truly done an amazing job developing the game, even "behind the scenes" :D
⬜ 💣 🌏