Nahgus wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:46 pm Agree 100%
What the post or my OOPS!? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Touch = Tough BTW
I was always AFK!
I was LK, A Friendly Knight.
Nahgus

Re: returning players

Post by Nahgus »

death911 wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:53 pm @ Nahgus.
Thank you for appreciating my thoughts.
About being GM , i really haven't given a thought . Why? Because i am real busy in real life( a Doctor). Being a GM certainly is a very hard work and requires a lot a responsibility. I can't also play much these days due to work pressure and family problems. whatever little time i get i try enjoying the Game a little bit. But I do love FT. and inspite of all my work, i try to play as much as possible. And some day i would like to contribute to the game in someway.
Maybe someday you could apply when things are less hectic.
Ryaca_1 is retired
Nahgus

Post by Nahgus »

LostKnight wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:01 pm
Touch = Tough BTW
Your post
Ryaca_1 is retired
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

Nahgus wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:34 am
LostKnight wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:01 pm
Touch = Tough BTW
Your post
Perfect, another place where we agree to agree- :D
I was always AFK!
I was LK, A Friendly Knight.
rearrow

Post by rearrow »

Arashiko wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:04 pm Martek's and Ashdown system messages are daily events. The messages aren't repeated constantly.
I have never seen these.. what is this daily event? Anything good?
Is it at a fixed ft time?
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

I suppose my opinion hasn't changed, but no need to rehash things.

One concern I have about a system message or some other type of message is that it is not available to the player until it is potentially too late. If a player comes back from a lengthy absence (this could apply to other situations as well) and the account has been used by another person in the meantime, as soon as the actual owner logs in they are at risk of being flagged for a shared account. Having a message come up might as well say they shouldn't have done what they just did. That's informing after the fact. I'm NOT arguing against this, but I believe that is an objective concern that would need to be addressed.

What about working in the unued "informations" tab in the friends/clan/skills menu? Maybe it's just me, but there is no information on the information page... Is this actually used for something? If it is, or has uses planned in the future a new tab could be added.

What about a message similar to the one when you first start the game, and the message states that important announcements are available on that tab? I don't know if that tab would support in-game links, but a summary and referral to the website would certainly work. That way it is a one-time notice per session, minimizes interuptions, and the information is available any time a player wanted to check.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

rearrow wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:15 am
Arashiko wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:04 pm Martek's and Ashdown system messages are daily events. The messages aren't repeated constantly.
I have never seen these.. what is this daily event? Anything good?
Is it at a fixed ft time?
Nothing great at your level. Swarms of black knights anD sieges around Martek's and pirates around Ashdown. Good for lower level players.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
madmaniacal1

Post by madmaniacal1 »

Did anyone here ever login or change maps with a pet, lvl, or skin item in their inventory? Yes, I know... Silly question, but it leads up to my spin on a different system message idea. It sends a notification to let you know.This also pops up if using /time command, or under attack.
Use notifications.
If a new notification was added to the FT app, it could be triggered BEFORE LOGIN to let a player know that changes have been made. Mechanics of the app communicate with server before login happens, to allow purchases and such. Why can't the app be told to let players know that updates to app or rules or whatever have occurred? This idea would not trigger in game, in chat, or anything. Just a simple notification, triggered by the server.
I'm not talking about the past here. Sharing has NOTHING to do with my idea. I'm thinking about the future, and honestly, some of the ideas in here (this thread) give me hope.
Omnes Autem Uri
rearrow

Post by rearrow »

another option could be adding the date of last rule change (or pentalty change) to the line on the login screen. ie. "I accept the game rules (last update 12 may 2018)"

Now its clear sonwthing important changed before you log in.

It may not be possible with the system used to develop ft without having to update the application, but how many times do rules change? not that often.

ps. one of the problems with the current rules on forum is that the first thing you see is a date of feb, 23 2014.
the natural first reaction will often be, oh nothing changed. especially, when tired, drunk, only playing once in a while, etc. i would realy like to see that date adjusted or just text added on top which says "last updated on..."

if it is possible it would be even better if there was some area on the login screen where gm could easily enter a message. this could be used for other purposes,as well such as informing about updates, events, etc
Leone

Re: returning players and communication of changes

Post by Leone »

Now we're getting somewhere:)