Implementing PvP Changes

As the description says!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Humble_M

Implementing PvP Changes

Post by Humble_M »

Over several months, there have been many suggestions on how to improve and/or alter PvP so that FT appeals to players who like PvP and those that don't. I'll neither mention nor debate those suggestions here (search the forum to find all of those topics). Instead, I'd like to ask the community the likelihood that ANY PvP suggestion will find its way into the game?

So, here are the talking points:

1 - Do you think that FT can continue long term with the existing PvP system?
2 - Do you think that FT would gain (or lose) players if the PvP system were changed?

Again, let's not debate individual PvP suggestions - keep focus on a high level (to borrow project management terminology).
It's good to be the king!
-- History of the World - Part I (1981)

username: Humble_M (Mage)
blitzcraig

Re: Implementing PvP Changes

Post by blitzcraig »

1- yes

2- yes and yes lol (some would leave, other new players would stay rather than immediately leave after learning current system)

note: the game itself would be substantially better with a couple changes, the player base would self-adjust accordingly ;)
Beeware the Spiral Blitzbees...
⬜ 💣 🌏
Humble_M

Post by Humble_M »

@blitzcraig - I'm impressed! someone can reply to a topic without straying FROM the topic

Leone

Post by Leone »

Yes to both. We've seen many many huge changes over the lifetime of FT and keep coming back. I'm itching to give my thoughts in detail but guess this isn't the correct thread. Anyway - I'll stick around whatever happens.
madmaniacal1

Post by madmaniacal1 »

I also agree with blitzcraig. The current system has many players, us among them. Changing the system would encourage some to leave, and others to stay longer than usual. My only talking point to add is this: Would changes cause the player base to expand more than it currently does? We may or may not ever know for sure. Changes of any kind are always a risk, but no risk usually means no reward.
Omnes Autem Uri
Humble_M

Post by Humble_M »

MM - I agree, risk is worth taking.

Nahgus

Post by Nahgus »

I will say this: FT has been around for 5+ years with pvp in the game

Seems to me that it is doing ok
Ryaca_1 is retired
Nahgus

Post by Nahgus »

I will remain here no matter what

FT is in my heart or at least what is left of it

Throughout ft history many have threatened to leave because they were mad at a change or mad because a change that did not happen

Very few actually ever leave ft

They lack the courage of their convictions

Ft will be here no matter what changes happen
Ryaca_1 is retired
madmaniacal1

Post by madmaniacal1 »

I agree with your viewpoint as well, Nahgus, both on FT doing well enough having pvp, and remaining regardless (as many will do). This thread was about whether any changes might benefit FT, and/or whether they would even be likely to happen, if I read the OP correctly. The answer to whether they benefit FT would depend on which changes came about (again, not discussing those here). As for them happening, only Compbatant could answer that one way or the other. If a method could be found that pleases the bulk of FT player base, and also could also be profitable to some extent, I think they COULD happen.
Omnes Autem Uri